Kvs!!

Comments

• Maybe they should reactivate the kvs in the modes that dont have it, but it comes with the risk of kiking good players just cause making good scores or other players for not changing weapons, for example if i play in a ghost mode room and theres no friend or ghost mode players in room i have 95% chances to get kik only cause i pinpoint and make big score.
  • winnnetou wrote: »
    Maybe they should reactivate the kvs in the modes that dont have it, but it comes with the risk of kiking good players just cause making good scores or other players for not changing weapons, for example if i play in a ghost mode room and theres no friend or ghost mode players in room i have 95% chances to get kik only cause i pinpoint and make big score.

Fair enough, but if it was one hacker or let's say 3 that you meet on average a day then okay that's fine. I'm talking EVERY HMX or FFA game I join there's the Flash playing C.F. with his 20x fast melee and sometimes it's 2-3 maybe 4 in ranked.

The most fun modes I enjoy are those 2 and if this situation cannot find a solution I'll find something else to play.
  • CF 2016: Get rid of kick vote! Get rid of X-Trap!
    CF 2017: Bring back kick vote! We miss X-Trap!
    If an anti cheat is doing terrible of course people will want to get rid of it because you'd expect a new 'fresh' anti cheat would do a much better job. Guess everyone was wrong.

And having kick vote disabled for some modes is perfectly fine as long as the anti cheat can keep cheaters to a minimum!
  • nGhost wrote: »
    And having kick vote disabled for some modes is perfectly fine as long as the anti cheat can keep cheaters to a minimum!
    I agree! But it's not!
    CF 2016: Get rid of kick vote! Get rid of X-Trap!

X-trap was doing perfectly fine before you changed anti-cheats.. there was no need to switch. As far as I remember there was little to no hackers at all! and if there was, it would be aimbot, not 2009 cheats all over again.

I want KVS to stay disabled but the anti-cheat is too weak, at least right now so in the mean time if you guys can co-operate and bring back kvs temporarily until the anti-cheat picks up on the cheats then we can remove it and if it doesn't pick up, then keep it.

EDIT:
    I hope you know hackers who play ffa and hmx that cannot be kicked encourages others to do the same.

This means you don't know anything about the game at the moment , gj .
  • Hackers tend to play for long period in general is because their report system is as good as their anti-cheat.

Don't expect much out of this hypocrite community, Most of them don't even know anything and they just go with the flow lol

But seriously to solve everything, Install a good anticheat and disable the abusive kick voting system permanently for the greater good because people always abuse it more than using it for its intended function. and if something loses its intended function then it might as well be gone. Hell some people don't even use it to kick haackers in their games just to ensure they're going to win, KVS is completely useless and abusive, So a good " updated " anticheat will do miracles, in addition to the reports of course.

I was one of the people who advocated for removal of KVS.
    Anyway if there was a vote to bring back voting on non team based games. I would still vote no.

Get rid of anti cheat systems. Implement server validation. Solves packet modification hack problem.
  • I was one of the people who advocated for removal of KVS.
    Anyway if there was a vote to bring back voting on non team based games. I would still vote no.

Get rid of anti cheat systems. Implement server validation. Solves packet modification hack problem.
    this ^^ and hopefully soon...

I've made this joke before but it isn't as funny nor is good to see a member of staff that works at Z8 say this....

Reason why people complain about wanting X-trap back is because all through it was very bad at time it still got it updates and did a great job when it was updated like if it was getting updated often then no one would of wanted it thrown away but that wasn't the case so getting a new Anti-Cheat was the right idea for the case but that ended up being no better than X-Trap and could be considered worse since in my 5 months of returning I've yet to see an update for this Anti-Cheat and I would of at least seen one for X-Trap. We never updated Anti-Cheat's but rather just got a slightly worse one that may have potential but needs to be updated more often cause right now it ain't doing much and you can tell from most forum threads that's the case cause you've always got people complaining ( and I feel like it more than in the X-Trap era ) about the hacking situation. Don't think this Anti-Cheat was an update cause if it was we wouldn't be in this state we are at right now.

KVS was something EU tried before NA/UK and already I knew it would be a problem since in EU FFA was no playable and I was surprised that people wanted the KVS gone for some modes here since the Anti-Cheat wasn't going to be doing its part of stopping hackers and now with no KVS we are given no way to get rid of them. If the Anti-Cheat was great then no one would complain about the KVS but I'm guessing that the KVS was taken out of certain modes during the time when the new Anti-Cheat came ( I wasn't there for the arrival so I'm just taking guesses ) so things ran smoothly like it should be now things have gotten terrible and may I say it worse than 2012-2014 era and now taking the KVS has backfired and killed certain modes.

Personality KVS needs to come back to all modes except ZM until this Anti-Cheat does what it should be doing and stopping hacks which it ain't doing a good job right now.

And one thing, you know things have gotten bad when people want X-Trap back so my guess is you weren't really there to see how much disrespect it got cause if you were seeing many people post about bringing it back then you know that the new Anti-Cheat is completely useless and is a downgrade.
  • And one thing, you know things have gotten bad when people want X-Trap back so my guess is you weren't really there to see how much disrespect it got cause if you were seeing many people post about bringing it back then you know that the new Anti-Cheat is completely useless and is a downgrade.
    Yes 100% you're right. I read somewhere that x-trap updates faster than this crappy anticheat. EU has less hacks than NA.... (they still have x-trap)
    Edit:
    Also yes when we requested kvs to be removed x-trap was still around and it was on top of the game.
  • Indeed the best solution isnt get Kvs back but update the Anti-cheat or get a new one that update monthly or even 2 times a month, and if we cant get that maybe we should get kvs back until anti-cheat problem is fixed, but for sure a new kvs that gives veterans and vip accounts kick more value than newbies and f2p accounts.
  • Back when there was a kick vote in mutation variants it was basically a guarantee Ace would be kicked. Without fail, every time.

I don't really play MM modes anymore but my vote is still -1