Events

This thread is meant to be heard by the devs so i hope that a Gm or a Mod will read and inform them, because as i saw
is a wish of many honest players.The idea is to stop making events that require to play each day, for many reasons like :
1. some players may be in school or students and have exams or have to learn a lot and may play only in weekends
2.other players work in shifts of 24 hours and for them is really imposible to play each day and attention this type of
players is most probably to be spenders
3. others have family and cant put a game before it
4. others have a really filled social life.....
etc etc may be many more reasons i cant think righ now.
So, my idea is to change the way of making events and instead of play each day maybe events would require to play
x amount of hours within y amount of days.
In the end , i expect many players or even Mods or Gms to read this and share their opinion.

Comments

• agree, since some unexpected circumstances may happen at any time without the knowledge of the player himself, but IMO that should be done in the accumulative events only, like the past grave games but for the simple daily changed events, it is not gonna do any harm and it is suitable for most players as daily tasks as that will not affect them much further, like the current play time event whose reward is daily 1 day VIPs, it is more suitable as daily not a whole package of hours. So it is a +1 with a few edits :P
  • actually i'm pretty sure that events, outside what they are allowed to give out as rewards, are up to the GMs for the most part. Like maybe they have to be run by a department with the Devs as well...but pretty sure the GMs make them up for the most part.

But I do agree with the idea behind this. Events that require you to play EVERY day, especially when it's over like a 2 week period, are pretty annoying. As real life can often times prevent you from getting at least one of those days in.

I had suggested in the past and I remember grumpy commenting on it with something like 'sounds interesting but not sure how possible it is'....but the suggestion was to have a 'Make-up day' where you can cover SOME but not all of the event part(s) that you had missed. Similarly just making it so you have to hit MOST of the objectives to get the overall grand prize instead of all of them would be nice enough.
  • Clearly if you are playing Crossfire, you don't have a life to live...

but seriously, it's stupid how much they want you to play sometimes even doing 2 hours feels like pain since it just isn't that fun of a game for 2 hours like maybe 30 mins tops. The Devs then feel the need to take it too far on some events like let's not forget on the first Bingo Event they wanted us to play like 48 hours or something around that stupid amount and no one thought to themselves " hmmm isn't that like... unreal? " but people still do it so I don't even know.

I'll rather have challenges that require skill than having to force myself to play, even though both is pretty painful for me at least I know if they ask me to kill 500 people with a sniper I can do that at a fast pace or a slow pace but doing hours is just going to be long and boring.

Events have been terrible recently anyway, the rewards have been alright but the core challenges have been lazy and boring to do just to make you play this damn game.

+1
  • +1

Events with hours per day are SO troublesome! Hours x event as a whole is way better because then you can decide when to play according to your own schedule.
  • I agree, time based [long hours] and long x amount days daily is bad. For the reason mentioned OP.
  • Definitely a +1 from me.
    I didn't get the ribbon on the grave games event because I couldn't find the time to play one day out of the 14.
    The solution is pretty simple, instead of making us play every day for x amount of hours, just add up the hours for every day needed for the event.
    For example on the grave games event it could have been: play 15 hours total.
  • winnnetou wrote: »
    This thread is meant to be heard by the devs so i hope that a Gm or a Mod will read and inform them, because as i saw
    is a wish of many honest players.The idea is to stop making events that require to play each day, for many reasons like :
    1. some players may be in school or students and have exams or have to learn a lot and may play only in weekends
    2.other players work in shifts of 24 hours and for them is really imposible to play each day and attention this type of
    players is most probably to be spenders
    3. others have family and cant put a game before it
    4. others have a really filled social life.....
    etc etc may be many more reasons i cant think righ now.
    So, my idea is to change the way of making events and instead of play each day maybe events would require to play
    x amount of hours within y amount of days.
    In the end , i expect many players or even Mods or Gms to read this and share their opinion.

Nice and good idea