Put a price on it

Make CF $5 to stop all the hacking. Just a little idea before this game completely dies in NA servers. We all know the majority of players (in the UK servers) can hardly afford $5 so this will stop the hacking drastically. This isn't an idea to make more revenue but to reduce the amount of cheaters and people making more accounts after losing 1.

Comments

• Bruh you gotta direct this suggestion to SmileGate looooool
    if it's gonna cost money they need to improve more than the hacking problems.

edit: wait there's more.

the game has to pretty much completely change in fact they would probably have to take out the BM itself ( since it's the way they make money being a F2P platform ) pretty much recreating Crossfire from it's core.

I could NOT see this happen at any time soon since they don't have a place in the FPS market but have a place in the F2P FPS market and with them being like the biggest F2P game in China I think they would like to keep that way forever.

PLUS why wouldn't someone just buy CSGO since it is an actual game? loooool i'm sorry but this can't and will never happen man.

#1,700post omgggggggggg thank you thank you
  • ^
    That's the glory of the F2P games but if they can't stop the hacking then might as well do something about it. I would much prefer if they stop the hacking without having to make CF $5.

edit:
    Also China is different. Getting caught hacking can actually affect you in your real life as well. So making something f2p isn't bad at all in China.

This is what happens to cheat creators in China: https://dotesports.com/counter-strike/chinese-police-arrest-csgo-cheat-provider-17619

It's a serious thing.
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »
    ^
    That's the glory of the F2P games but if they can't stop the hacking then might as well do something about it. I would much prefer if they stop the hacking without having to make CF $5.

They would rather let the game die before trying anything like this cause it's just out of their hands.

If anything they would of done this years ago when things were bad, the game is losing players in a big amount and still they haven't done this so I just doubt it would happen.

Best just let the game die and move on if anything. I even went to the Lost Saga forum for some fun and they were saying that Lost Saga is dead because of Z8 so I guess Z8 ain't doing too well with video games.

plus I am not someone to hate on people behind video games cause I know it isn't easy but things have been the same for too long and I am just tired.

forum is slowly dying and the ingame players are decreasing... it's slowly coming to an end.
    Pyrex00 wrote: »

This is what happens to cheat creators in China: https://dotesports.com/counter-strike/chinese-police-arrest-csgo-cheat-provider-17619

It's a serious thing.

I do wonder if CF China has a better hacking defence line than all the other verisons *thinking emoji*

• I do wonder if CF China has a better hacking defence line than all the other verisons *thinking emoji*

They do. It's called TenProtect. Ten coming from Tencent and both Smilegate and Tencent are some sort of partners.
    They do. It's called TenProtect. Ten coming from Tencent and both Smilegate and Tencent are some sort of partners.

Let's all move to China then.
  • Let's all move to China then.

Gonna get sprayed down by 50 different M4 VIPs lmao
  • Let's all move to China then.

I used to play there with 300 ping just to troll on the voice chat lmfao.

(also you might think their voice chat is cancer but it actually works and people always do call outs in S&D)
  • iDupree_ wrote: »
    Gonna get sprayed down by 50 different M4 VIPs lmao

Oh yeah I forgot only rich people play CF in China lol
    I used to play there with 300 ping just to troll on the voice chat lmfao.

And people wonder why we won't get Voice Chat loool
  • Oh yeah I forgot only rich people play CF in China lol

Actually it's very cheap to buy VIP as long as I remember. You can rent them I think.

And people wonder why we won't get Voice Chat loool

Looool I wasn't being that bad. Also idk if you saw my edit but

(also you might think their voice chat is cancer but it actually works and people always do call outs in S&D all the time)
    Make CF $5 to stop all the hacking. Just a little idea before this game completely dies in NA servers. We all know the majority of players (in the UK servers) can hardly afford $5 so this will stop the hacking drastically. This isn't an idea to make more revenue but to reduce the amount of cheaters and people making more accounts after losing 1.

Although I like the idea it also brings alot of problems with it.
    - People who like farm accounts need to pay $5 each.
    - People with multiple accounts they play on (got bored of their main) need to pay multiple times.
    - We would lose a lot of players in general tbh.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying $5 for a few accounts, but let's say 50% would mind. We simply would lose to much playerbase and it also gets a lot more unattractive for new players.
    -1, sorry :(
  • Although I like the idea it also brings alot of problems with it.
    - People with multiple accounts they play on (got bored of their main) need to pay multiple times.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying $5 for a few accounts, but let's say 50% would mind. We simply would lose to much playerbase and it also gets a lot more unattractive for new players.

You do know farming isn't good right? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you are quite funny if you think we need to defend farmers.

Playerbase is pretty much dead, it's not too bad to try something before everyone disappears lol.
    Looool I wasn't being that bad. Also idk if you saw my edit but

(also you might think their voice chat is cancer but it actually works and people always do call outs in S&D all the time)

Won't be the same case on NA/UK lol

No problem. But existing accounts should not have to pay the fee. Sort of like a warning.

same ↑ plus even some players can't afford the 5 $ lol unbelievable but it is the truth.
  • same ↑ plus even some players can't afford the 5 $ lol unbelievable but it is the truth.

And who's problem is that? lol if you can't afford a game then go make some money for it if you want it that badly.
  • CFNA has some pretty stale content. Adding a price to it only puts the nails the coffin.
    I feel CFNA should be polished up to make it look more appealing before slamming on the $5 entrance fee.

Is this a good idea to stop cheaters? Maybe
    Some people pay $$$ to get cheats. So $5 might not be worth much to them. Although it does hurts them every time they get banned.
    Although it'll hurt them more when they buy cheats only to find out that it doesn't work which would be great if only they'll do something about cheat detection.

+1 for this .
  • I just think CFNA should merge with CFEU and maybe even with CFES and CFRU like i said in thread i made about it in suggestions,
    and than the playerbase might be bigger like it was years ago.
  • winnnetou wrote: »
    i just think cfna should merge with cfeu and maybe even with cfes and cfru like i said in thread i made about it in suggestions,
    and than the playerbase might be bigger like it was years ago.

NEW RULE ALERT !!! No advertising your suggestions in someone elses suggestion. It's just not cool and seems a bit rude since you are slightly jumping off topic of their suggestion and trying to refer to yours. Just bump your stuff if you want to get some more attention on your suggestion!
  • I could see a special server somehow. Like a vip server, or even a subscription server. I don't see them ditching the f2p model as it is a great money maker. F2p get the players in the door, then have exclusive servers where they can hide lol.
  • How about instead of making people pay 5 dollars, or a number of money to play CF. We just make it so that everyone who wants to play has to enter their credit card information into the website. It won't be used without permission, but I don't think someone will hack with their credit card information attached to their account.
  • I could see a special server somehow. Like a vip server, or even a subscription server. I don't see them ditching the f2p model as it is a great money maker. F2p get the players in the door, then have exclusive servers where they can hide lol.

I'd be down for that. Actually this is a better idea. Make a VIP server!! We are tired of the hacks that are ruining the point of removing KVS and our games.

I love this idea +1 for a VIP server
    ghoster1 wrote: »
    How about instead of making people pay 5 dollars, or a number of money to play CF. We just make it so that everyone who wants to play has to enter their credit card information into the website. It won't be used without permission, but I don't think someone will hack with their credit card information attached to their account.
    But there are a lot of kids playing :/
  • ghoster1 wrote: »
    How about instead of making people pay 5 dollars, or a number of money to play CF. We just make it so that everyone who wants to play has to enter their credit card information into the website. It won't be used without permission, but I don't think someone will hack with their credit card information attached to their account.

Yeah I guess people wouldn't hack if they knew they had their credit card attached but Z8 couldn't really much with it without you know.. breaking the law lol plus I wouldn't be open to give out my card details to a site that isn't saying why they need it but still want it, just way too sketchy looking.
  • What about just adding a "Prime" server (Totally not copying the name of anything else) that costs a 1-time fee of 5k ZP to join?

Free players may have to do a few surveys to get that (I don't know what it's like now, but getting 5k from surveys wasn't too bad a few years back), which means any hacker making a new account would have to spend a little while doing surveys before they could get in, or they could buy their way in.
    Either way is a plus for Z8. Make it harder for them to get back in, or make money.

Anyone who isn't willing to do the surveys or pay the 5k gets stuck with more hackers.

There is however one big disadvantage:
    New players will be stuck in servers with even less legit players than now, since a lot of players will be in the new server. This makes them more likely to quit, since they probably won't do the surveys.

Verifying phone numbers (Or even emails) would help too.
  • i'd be fine with a Prime/VIP server that requires you to direct purchase the access to it for like $5 USD. $5 USD isn't much but it'd certainly add up if you keep wanting to get different accounts into it but it's low enough that people who are F2P but dedicated could still afford. Meanwhile the direct purchase of it would prevent people from getting ZP from another source be it event or other and then buying access from there.
    We certainly have plenty of servers to experiment around with as well....the biggest problem would be making sure enough people know about a server access change and the purpose of it and then to get them to feel it's worth it player base wise to move there. a Hack free or considerably fewer hackers would certainly be motivation for people to play there though. yet i'd argue there should be other benefits as well.... as truthfully a hack 'free' environment should be had on ALL servers.....