In game patrols

Diggiee wrote: »
as far as i remember right, when cfeu was launched there was a thing like that. alot of GMs ingame which u could call when u spotted a cehater. they banned them , if they were blatant. like aimbot, wall or speed.

When you find a hacker you simply whisper /w [GM]PATROL telling him where the hacker (obvious hackers like speeders,wallers,aimpots,etc) is and he bans him immediately.
There could be more than one patrol account
[GM]PATROL1
[GM]PATROL2
[GM]PATROL3
It's more like calling 911 and maybe he can reward the reporter with a simple prize :p
This game was never free of hackers,i think these patrols GM's will be useful to fight any hack wave and maybe the hack tool creator give up on this game lol

Comments

• Altough I like the idea I feel like this is one of those things that sound good in theory but totaly fail in reality.
    These patrols will get spammed to death in mostly terrible broken english of which half are probably false reports or trolls. And just imagine the time one of those patrols would waste sitting in a channel waiting for an open spot in the room of which he just got "called".

What this game needs is an adequate anti cheat that responds fast to newly released cheats 24hours a day. And it IS possible, just look at how it was going before this wave, it was almost hack free for a long time.
  • While i'd love to see dedicated GM Patrols for hackers....Z8 won't hire the man power to do such and I doubt they'll re-dedicate their current staff. Plus you add on the fact that if everyone knows of this Patrol thing....they'll be getting hundreds of whispers every minute likely.

However....there's no reason they couldn't create dozens of these Patrol accounts and sync them with a Bot net that when whispered goes to the room and auto saves the replay thus eliminating the need for players to remember to save it and would make a record of all suspicious activity in the room. Unfortunately....these too would likely get abused by people whispering the bots and making lots of auto-saved false replays for the already drowned staff to get hammered with more replays false and true. BUT...maybe when one of these bot are whispered...they 'secretly' join the room and trigger a set of conditions that watch the match and implement the limited settings which auto-kicks anyone who goes faster/higher/under the map/bypasses a damage zone or whatever during a set time in which this Bot is 'watching' the room.

In other words bringing these bots to a room would initiate a 'lock down' that would otherwise stress the servers too much or cause issues for otherwise legit players even when hackers aren't present.

Lots of what IFs and maybes there.....but... if they could put the resources to developing these bots (a task for the Devs who probably won't put any work towards our situation) it might just make an effect and help us and be worth the effort.
  • It sounds possible to work in the game at this stage.

CF has already lost so many players to the point that not many rooms are created. This makes it easy to patrol.

NA 1: 1-2 GMs can patrol there

UK 4 might need more than NA 1 to patrol.

Until CF's playerbase blossoms again, this idea sounds manageable and easy to work with due to the low player count.
  • +111111111111111111111111 would be nice to see it ban some hakers
  • the more "/w PATROL" a room have the higher the priority, 1 wisper per game per user .
    patrol joins as spectator without anyone knowing until he leaves the room.
    they should have a special system to facilitate the wispers maybe a chart with a room list and a counter and some other stats to decide which rooms to take priority.

this could help with your suggestion
    by the way great suggestion. +1
  • I think this was already suggested before

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?281523-Patrol-GM%B4s

hire people to monitor the game is highly likely

however-I gave it my +1 back then and give it my +1 now again
  • +all numbers on earth! It is one of the best solutions I have seen till now :D
  • they should be IP/address bans also.

as of right now, the staff thinks they are actually doing something by account banning. the haacker will just make a new account and repeat.
  • +all numbers on earth! It is one of the best solutions I have seen till now :D

its something that should have been implemented the day crossfire came out 8 years ago. its sad that this is just now appearing as a solution to the cheating problem