Disable gems in WAVE?

I have a small suggestion for WAVE mode.

I know its an insanely unpopular mode, and its due to many things. One thing I feel in particular is the gems. They add a very unnecessary advantage and is one reason they completely break the balance of the mode.

For those that don't know, the gems do the following:
Ruby - Increase weapon dmg by 2%
Sapphire - DMG reduced by 2%
Topaz - Ammo in possession up 10%
Amethyst - Movement speed up 4%

The perfect gem versions of the normal gems for ZP double those abilities.

At max level, you can have 3 of all (reg and perfect versions), and that number gives a clear advantage over others.

What if they added an option to disable gems on cards? That way, the level of the card would be the only advantage. The level already gives a decent boost to the card.

I feel as though WAVE had such great potential, but it was utterly destroyed due to lack of card balancing and the addition of gems.

Comments

• If they were to ever revisit Wave mode and look at possibilities to make it so it becomes more played...I feel this could be helpful for that purpose. It's a feature of the game now....so flat out removing it isn't an option IMO but giving the host the option to enable/disable is a good idea. so I suppose a +1 is in order for adding more power to the host to customize their room.

A few other things that might be beneficial if they ever plan to revive wave mode... would be looking into things like: forcing the Balanced Teams option as otherwise it'll still be max level and leveled cards against complete nabs who never played the mode before. I also feel wave could reduce late game spawn times a bit. It shouldn't take longer than an entire FFA match to get back into playing the game. Needs more maps that are more of a mix of the current two as well. Stuff that is large enough for different routes to be taken but not too large as to make it feel like it takes forever to get from one area to the other.
  • +1
    Anything to make this game less pay to win game but i doubt that they will even considering this suggestion be cause they need perfect gems's money
  • +1
    Anything to make this game less pay to win game but i doubt that they will even considering this suggestion be cause they need perfect gems's money

excuse me, after we payd for those gems now u want to make them useless? not gonna happend because they are still in the item shop
  • winnnetou wrote: »
    excuse me, after we payd for those gems now u want to make them useless? not gonna happend because they are still in the item shop
    +1

I'm not saying get rid of them. Im just saying give us the option to disable their effects in rooms.
    It'd be a small step in making the mode a lot more open for newcomers. I already know this suggestion won't ever be implemented, but its nice to suggest things as a "what if" scenario.
  • as a wave player, I can confirm that Gems do not affect the game that much, what really causes the unbalance in WAVE is the in game levels
    For those who do not know them during the wave game levels from 1 to 20 increase by killing soldiers or players which cause huge gap of levels between players so you can see a player with 500 HP vs a player with 2k HP same for power of cards same for power of guns ....etc so if I will disagree with anything in the wave system it will be those levels and IMO it should be like supersoldiers tdm all have the same level at the same time.
  • I have a small suggestion for WAVE mode.

I know its an insanely unpopular mode, and its due to many things. One thing I feel in particular is the gems. They add a very unnecessary advantage and is one reason they completely break the balance of the mode.

For those that don't know, the gems do the following:
    Ruby - Increase weapon dmg by 2%
    Sapphire - DMG reduced by 2%
    Topaz - Ammo in possession up 10%
    Amethyst - Movement speed up 4%

The perfect gem versions of the normal gems for ZP double those abilities.

At max level, you can have 3 of all (reg and perfect versions), and that number gives a clear advantage over others.

What if they added an option to disable gems on cards? That way, the level of the card would be the only advantage. The level already gives a decent boost to the card.

I feel as though WAVE had such great potential, but it was utterly destroyed due to lack of card balancing and the addition of gems.
    as a wave player, I can confirm that Gems do not affect the game that much, what really causes the unbalance in WAVE is the in game levels
    For those who do not know them during the wave game levels from 1 to 20 increase by killing soldiers or players which cause huge gap of levels between players so you can see a player with 500 HP vs a player with 2k HP same for power of cards same for power of guns ....etc so if I will disagree with anything in the wave system it will be those levels and IMO it should be like supersoldiers tdm all have the same level at the same time.

I support both of these options, rather see both happen and make wave mode a fun mode (it was fun when it was first launched, because everyone was kinda equal, no unfair advantage).