Sell Duplicates for Crate Tickets!

Pyrex00 wrote: »
I'm fine with that. I just hate having duplicate guns in my storage. Hopefully GMs do an event like someone suggested to "sell" their duplicates in return for some crate tickets.

Winning a duplicate that you can't do anything with sucks!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you can even make this a timed event. *Forgot to add, this only pertains to ZP weapons of course"

From October 10th - October 30th .................. I just want some crate tickets!!! Halloween coming up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll even write the layout for you:

[insert a huge picture of two ZP duplicates]
GOT A DUPLICATE LAYING AROUND? Send us a support ticket HERE and submit your ticket under "Gun Duplicate Event" to win some crate tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crossfire Team

Comments

• think I'd rather exchange it for another gun in the crate
  • skyyblu wrote: »
    think I'd rather exchange it for another gun in the crate

You guys are being too positive, it'll be more like "You have duplicates? Pay 10,000 ZP to have them removed"
  • +1 and wishing same for GP duplicates . (imagining) .
  • Interesting idea, and we did/are thinking of ways to deal with duplicates. But:

How much is enough? Some people received their permanents through spinning 10 crates, some with spinning a 100.

Also this requires development of a system, which means it will not happen before Halloween, sorry.
  • [GM]Grumpy wrote: »
    Interesting idea, and we did/are thinking of ways to deal with duplicates. But:

How much is enough? Some people received their permanents through spinning 10 crates, some with spinning a 100.

Also this requires development of a system, which means it will not happen before Halloween, sorry.

Its good if u are considering this may be implemented in the future.., in some way.
  • [GM]Grumpy wrote: »
    Interesting idea, and we did/are thinking of ways to deal with duplicates. But:

I would say poll it, but people are just going to pick the highest number regardless of what the options are, so...

Is there a way to see average number of times people open crates before they win?
    If there is, why not give them that average number in crate tickets -10% or something?

I can see that being a quite reasonable number.
  • How about selling crates in your storage if you've already won the item you wanted from it (maybe sell them for half the prize you bought em)?
    Just an idea.
  • How about selling crates in your storage if you've already won the item you wanted from it (maybe sell them for half the prize you bought em)?
    Just an idea.

This isn't too shabby of an idea either. The ability to sell back excess crates if you've won all the items from it would go a ways in preventing duplicates. Though I wonder how they'd feel about bonus and event crates or crates bought from EP then.... if they did this then EP crates would have to be differentiated from what's in the BM further so that you couldn't buy with EP and sell for ZP.

@Grumpy's comment. Honestly I'd come up with a solid number I'd say no less than 30 but no more than 60 would be the possible range for ZP weapons. The honest fact is many people would just love the CHANCE to get something back for a useless duplicate so even if you set it at 30...they might complain that it's not more/not how much they think it's worth. but they'll still take advantage of ability to do so. Though I honestly think this is best done via an event that pops up once or twice a year rather than being an always available thing as well unless it could be coded in by the Devs overall in which case if they're going to put in that much effort they could effectively re-evaluate the 'Value' borders on various weapons and set up the 'Sell Price' of each ZP weapon to dish out FTCs accordingly to that. But the need to re-evaluate those border values on weapons would be needed as I have some ZP BM weapons that have the same basic borders as GP item shop weapons (AK Xmas for example) and then even some GP Crate weapons have higher value borders on par with ZP Skin weapons....IE DE Chroma has the same border as DE Camo. And quite frankly even if DE Camo was a slightly better DE....the skin to Chroma and the Rarity/Limited Time Availability should raise the value of the DE Chroma to be higher than that of the DE Camo.
    As for GP crate guns....i'd be happy with just being able to sell those back to the game for GP say 50k GP if I wanted. Though an event that allows me to turn them in and get some EP back up to a certain point would be nice. ;)

For the 'some people spun x and others spun 10x' to me is irrelevant as say if you gave them 30 FTCs for a weapon trade in....now they could spin 5 and win potentially more than once...or they could spin all 30 and not win. But as it stands they don't even have that option and most would probably enjoy it/use it if it was available to them even if they feel they should get more FTCs for their duplicate weapons.

*Cough*Do my Gift of Giving event*cough*
    or re-purpose it back into the Spring Cleaning event for next Spring
  • Relax... Drink a Cup of Tea/Coffee..... It Ain't gonna happen Soon Because they Already Got MASSIVE Jobs to do at the Halloween ...And like Grumpy said It's gonna need a whole System Upgrade ....