Skylimit/Speed Limit ( decreases fly hacks )

The game must have a set speed that people are stuck on like nothing in the game ( on normal maps that I can think of ) will slow you down and change with your speed maybe water but I still don't think it is that serious.

Speed hacks go past the limit of what anyone should go to so why can't the system just notice that and cause them to error out since it clearly shows that the codes are being messed with and that the game should know that it isn't possible for anyone to go that fast.

Same with flying hacks, create a sky limit so if someone was to go past it then they will just get an error. Normal players wouldn't be able to touch it anyway so it wouldn't be a problem for them and with the speed limit this would cause people flying to have errors aswell since they tend to love to go super fast.

reason why I say errors is cause it's more simple to handle with if it ends up being a harm to innocent people rather than risking them with an easy ban it would just keep kicking people out of games if they go super fast and this would probably help a ton.

I guess you can do the same with knife slashes and how if they are skipping too many frames then it should cause an error but I don't know much about knifing.

Comments

• The game must have a set speed that people are stuck on like nothing in the game ( on normal maps that I can think of ) will slow you down and change with your speed maybe water but I still don't think it is that serious.

Speed hacks go past the limit of what anyone should go to so why can't the system just notice that and cause them to error out since it clearly shows that the codes are being messed with and that the game should know that it isn't possible for anyone to go that fast.

Same with flying hacks, create a sky limit so if someone was to go past it then they will just get an error. Normal players wouldn't be able to touch it anyway so it wouldn't be a problem for them and with the speed limit this would cause people flying to have errors aswell since they tend to love to go super fast.

reason why I say errors is cause it's more simple to handle with if it ends up being a harm to innocent people rather than risking them with an easy ban it would just keep kicking people out of games if they go super fast and this would probably help a ton.

I guess you can do the same with knife slashes and how if they are skipping too many frames then it should cause an error but I don't know much about knifing.

Invisible kill boxes inside all walls and above the max height would work just fine for most of the glitches/flying, but I don't know if it has an adverse effect on performance.
    I'm honestly not sure why they can't detect players going too fast either :/
  • Invisible kill boxes inside all walls and above the max height would work just fine for most of the glitches/flying, but I don't know if it has an adverse effect on performance.
    I'm honestly not sure why they can't detect players going too fast either :/

I couldn't see it being much of a pain for the performance but I am no game designer but I can't think of any games that doesn't have some kind of automatic death for going out of bounds like CF does have this but that only if someone decides to fly underground and then let go. All they would have to do is just cause problems for people that are going to areas that they know no one should be able to reach and I can't see that being any harder than some coding... Hopefully.
    iDupree_ wrote: »
    Suggested something similar to this.

Okay
  • -Make a Police Laser Gun
    -Let people pay for it in crates and at the same time bust speeders for going over the speed limit
    -????
    -profit.
  • nGhost wrote: »
    -Make a Police Laser Gun
    -Let people pay for it in crates and at the same time bust speeders for going over the speed limit
    -????
    -profit.

win the gun in the first week of release?
    get a free police helmet with flashing sirens
  • win the gun in the first week of release?

That would be hilarious. Kanadian are you watching?
  • win the gun in the first week of release?

Support if the police helmet makes loud obnoxious sound.
  • all we need is just update an Anti-cheat... why no't ? i can't understand z8games/GMs :\
  • iDupree_ wrote: »
    Suggested something similar to this.

We all have.
  • These measures are implemented by default in every map. Three or four years ago there were no such measures in place and so were the times of freedom for glitchers. Number of glitchers increased severely, people started complaining, devs implemented instant death or -20 hp/sec damage in almost all out of the map areas.
    However, this can be bypassed easily by modifying values that cause error on game client by modifying certain dlls. This seems to be the case with current hacks, I assume, as they can walk freely in and out of the maps easily, but often times they die randomly while their out or too high or too fast in a map. This means that their hacks have a feature that prevents the effects of those anti-glitch measures, but sometimes it fails because of lag or whatever.

tl;dr what you're suggesting is already in place.
  • Pooyan wrote: »
    These measures are implemented by default in every map. Three or four years ago there were no such measures in place and so were the times of freedom for glitchers. Number of glitchers increased severely, people started complaining, devs implemented instant death or -20 hp/sec damage in almost all out of the map areas.
    However, this can be bypassed easily by modifying values that cause error on game client by modifying certain dlls. This seems to be the case with current hacks, I assume, as they can walk freely in and out of the maps easily, but often times they die randomly while their out or too high or too fast in a map. This means that their hacks have a feature that prevents the effects of those anti-glitch measures, but sometimes it fails because of lag or whatever.

tl;dr what you're suggesting is already in place.

I kinda stated that already.

I know that Mexico was rechanged alot so that people couldn't get on top of the A site since they would lose HP or die but this isn't really the case for some maps when people are able to fly under the ground since the death would only trigger if they are decading that when they will trigger the kill box so if they are just keeping flight and not being an idiot then it's easy for them not to run into any problems while shooting people under the map. This suggestion was to create an sky limit knowing that normal players couldn't reach these areas so in no way can anyone get under the map from base level so if anyone was to do it then it should easily trigger an error knowing that there is no way anyone should get there unless they glitch/cheat and this can go for the same skylimit upwards but that's more of an issue since maps like EagleEye would have a bigger skybox since there is a tower so people would still be able to fly up to the limit of the tower which would create an issue.

Still though the game should be able to tell when someone isn't going the normal 100% speed.
  • I kinda stated that already.

I know that Mexico was rechanged alot so that people couldn't get on top of the A site since they would lose HP or die but this isn't really the case for some maps when people are able to fly under the ground since the death would only trigger if they are decading that when they will trigger the kill box so if they are just keeping flight and not being an idiot then it's easy for them not to run into any problems while shooting people under the map. This suggestion was to create an sky limit knowing that normal players couldn't reach these areas so in no way can anyone get under the map from base level so if anyone was to do it then it should easily trigger an error knowing that there is no way anyone should get there unless they glitch/cheat and this can go for the same skylimit upwards but that's more of an issue since maps like EagleEye would have a bigger skybox since there is a tower so people would still be able to fly up to the limit of the tower which would create an issue.

Still though the game should be able to tell when someone isn't going the normal 100% speed.

As far as I know, height limit is already present in all maps, as I myself have experienced a glitch several times that cause you to spawn in sky in the middle of the map, but it resulted in instant deaths every time I tried to move. I've tried climbing some non-reachable high areas in some maps in past, instant death every time. I have firm opinion that these limits are already present in maps, as fly glitchers are smart enough to know how many jumps they need to reach the height that's safe. Best way to check would be to test this in some maps yourself. This will clear the doubt that these limits are already there or not, and will save you from making suggestion about this in future.

About why they don't have speed restriction-- and I can only guess-- is because spiking in latency causes you to appear as speeding too. Maybe that's why they can't implement this restriction.
  • Pooyan wrote: »
    About why they don't have speed restriction-- and I can only guess-- is because spiking in latency causes you to appear as speeding too. Maybe that's why they can't implement this restriction.

What if instead of banning this speeding players (whatever the reason might be) they just get instant kicked? That would solve the problem with speedhacks and wouldn't bring such serious issues to those whose latencies tend to spike sometimes.