Duplicate Weapons Compensations

I've seen many threads suggesting that duplicate BM weapons should be traded in for ZP, or some sort of community market allowing them to sell/trade weapons.
This might make players happy, but I would bet that Z8games wouldn't be as enthusiastic about this. After all, they make nothing from these transactions.
It would certainly devalue the black market's weapons as people could just head to the community market and find a better deal.

Although people do make nice sounding proposals, most do not take into account what Z8games gets from their proposal.
Oftentimes they only focus on what they, as players get in return and not about what Z8games gets. And what Z8 wants is your cold, hard cash.

I have a few different proposals that could make everyone happy :)

Dismantling System

Duplicate weapons could be dismantled for a fee, say 10k zp. Then the player would receive a completely random Black market weapon that is guaranteed to not be a duplicate of something they already own. Another variation could be that players can turn dismantled weapons into "weapon points". Say, for three weapons they can trade it for a weapon of their choice, selected from a pool of weapons. This pool could change every several months or something. In this way, players could be happy that they get something instead of a duplicate, and Z8games could get something back in the process :) . But i guess a potential problem could be possible account vandalism. Some people might want duplicates of certain weapons after all, and they might share their accounts with their friends. But still, they probably won't be too unhappy since the weapon simply changes form, rather than being lost forever.

I guess the selling point for this pitch to Z8games would be that they could charge extra for players that get duplicate weapons.Weapons remain tied to the account, so their value does not drop. Plus, a player might not get something they want.
This would probably need some major reworking of the system to implement.

Duplicate Compensation

It can be frustrating to get duplicates of a weapon from a crate that has multiple prizes, but some people just real unlucky (or real lucky, if you look at it from another angle :x ) After the second, third, or even fourth duplicate without ever seeing the other prize from a crate, it can really feel like you're cursed or something. I know that feeling all too well because i pulled four duplicates from a crate :c . I think there was also this story of a guy getting duplicate after duplicate from the hexagon crate. Poor soul.

Anyways, onto the main point: After a certain number of duplicates, a player could receive the weapon that they didn't win from the crate. This could be implemented as a support ticket with little change to how CF works right now.

I would suggest that after the third duplicate a player should get compensation. One duplicate is bad luck, two is really bad luck, but 3 or more? That's beyond bad luck. For crates that have 3 weapons, this limit could be increased to 5 if you already won two of the weapons, and seven if you win 3 of 4 weapons. I guess if you have a crate with 3 weapons, and you get 3 duplicates of one of the weapon, a player can choose one of the two remaining weapons to be added to their inventory.
I think that this would be fair, since it is pretty rare to get such a large number of duplicates.

This proposal might not seem to give much benefit to Z8games financially, but it does so indirectly. By guaranteeing a different weapon after winning duplicates from a crate, this encourages players who would otherwise spend less on crates to try and get the compensation. As for already big spenders, compensating them for duplicates frees them up to attempt winning weapons from other crates, so they would buy even more crates to try and get the compensation. Repeat ad infinitum.

Anyways, just my two cents on making this game better for everyone. Though i doubt such suggestions would ever pass through to implementation :c

PS. I regret mashing my keyboard when selecting a forum name all those years ago :c

Comments

• I've seen many threads suggesting that duplicate BM weapons should be traded in for ZP, or some sort of community market allowing them to sell/trade weapons.
    This might make players happy, but I would bet that Z8games wouldn't be as enthusiastic about this. After all, they make nothing from these transactions.
    It would certainly devalue the black market's weapons as people could just head to the community market and find a better deal.

Although people do make nice sounding proposals, most do not take into account what Z8games gets from their proposal.
    Oftentimes they only focus on what they, as players get in return and not about what Z8games gets. And what Z8 wants is your cold, hard cash.

Dismantling System

Duplicate weapons could be dismantled for a fee, say 10k zp. Then the player would receive a completely random Black market weapon that is guaranteed to not be a duplicate of something they already own. Another variation could be that players can turn dismantled weapons into "weapon points". Say, for three weapons they can trade it for a weapon of their choice, selected from a pool of weapons. This pool could change every several months or something. In this way, players could be happy that they get something instead of a duplicate, and Z8games could get something back in the process :) . But i guess a potential problem could be possible account vandalism. Some people might want duplicates of certain weapons after all, and they might share their accounts with their friends. But still, they probably won't be too unhappy since the weapon simply changes form, rather than being lost forever.

I guess the selling point for this pitch to Z8games would be that they could charge extra for players that get duplicate weapons.Weapons remain tied to the account, so their value does not drop. Plus, a player might not get something they want.

Duplicate Compensation

It can be frustrating to get duplicates of a weapon from a crate that has multiple prizes, but some people just real unlucky (or real lucky, if you look at it from another angle :x ) After the second, third, or even fourth duplicate without ever seeing the other prize from a crate, it can really feel like you're cursed or something. I know that feeling all too well because i pulled four duplicates from a crate :c . I think there was also this story of a guy getting duplicate after duplicate from the hexagon crate. Poor soul.

Anyways, onto the main point: After a certain number of duplicates, a player could receive the weapon that they didn't win from the crate. This could be implemented as a support ticket with little change to how CF works right now.

I would suggest that after the third duplicate a player should get compensation. One duplicate is bad luck, two is really bad luck, but 3 or more? That's beyond bad luck. For crates that have 3 weapons, this limit could be increased to 5 if you already won two of the weapons, and seven if you win 3 of 4 weapons. I guess if you have a crate with 3 weapons, and you get 3 duplicates of one of the weapon, a player can choose one of the two remaining weapons to be added to their inventory.
    I think that this would be fair, since it is pretty rare to get such a large number of duplicates.

This proposal might not seem to give much benefit to Z8games financially, but it does so indirectly. By guaranteeing a different weapon after winning duplicates from a crate, this encourages players who would otherwise spend less on crates to try and get the compensation. As for already big spenders, compensating them for duplicates frees them up to attempt winning weapons from other crates, so they would buy even more crates to try and get the compensation. Repeat ad infinitum.

Anyways, just my two cents on making this game better for everyone. Though i doubt such suggestions would ever pass through to implementation :c

PS. I regret mashing my keyboard when selecting a forum name all those years ago :c

It's gonna take a while before this game gives us anything... Pay, pay,pay and still so many issues. If it's not profitable they wont put dev time on it... Its the state of the game.
    Even if it makes sense in the long run, if it isn't an instant money in the pocket they won't do it. Crates are an easier way to fool players with irrelevant weapon skins and maps with graphics from 2001.
    I can't even remember the last time i won a BM weapon, call it luck or just a rigged system designed to get people into a gambling addiction. I opened a bit over 1600 GP crates and just under 470 ZP crates and nothing. That's CF for ya.
  • I've seen many threads suggesting that duplicate BM weapons should be traded in for ZP, or some sort of community market allowing them to sell/trade weapons.

Dismantling System

Duplicate Compensation

read this thread
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?329857-Gift-of-Giving-Suggested-Event&highlight=gift+giving
  • Well, Rudizxc, my proposal does have incentive for Z8 to implement because it has potential to increase spending.
    Buy crates -> don't get weapon -> keep trying till you get it or get compensation = lots of zp spent.
    Dismantle duplicates for a fee = even more zp spent.
    My two suggestions feed each other into making players spend more zp.

If it is implemented, there would be a huge surge of zp spending to get rid of duplicates, afterwards it would be pretty slow i guess.
    Although I don't know much about how server side programming works, my proposal doesn't sound too complex.
    I'm sure that Z8 has ways of removing weapons from accounts, as well as adding weapons so it's just a matter of putting those together.

Think of it this way. You buy a bunch of crates and win a weapon, but you still have some crates left. You spin them, and end up with a duplicate of the weapon you just won.
    What do you do with it? it just sits there all nice and pretty in your inventory. Wouldn't it be nice to get something else out of it, even if you have to spend some zp to do so?
    I'm guessing you don't have duplicates, so it probably doesn't apply to you that much, but there are players that are sitting on mounds of duplicates gathering dust in their inventory.
    I'm sure they would be more than happy to get rid of them. And in the process, they would spend quite a lot of ZP.

And in response to winnietou, that event does sound great, but what does Z8 get out of that? No zp is spent in the event, so the proposal won't be so attractive to them.
    It's a really nice event though.