Little idea

Its pretty hard for ghost mode players to play this mode in proper conditions lately,
because of the majority of sprayers.So i had this little idea to increase the number
of players that understand and love this mode.I want to ask the support and help from
GMs to make a ghost mode mini-tournament destinated relatively
for new players i mean players that started to play after the Bonus Point Mall was
closed because i wanna offer as prize an m4a1 silver for each player of the winning
team.I think the teams should have 5 members and 2 in reserve.This could be
organised to happend in a weekend lets say in 4 or 5 weeks from now so maybe
some players that would like to participate have time to search forum about ghost
mode guides, make their teams and start practice a little.

Comments

• I did love to see such an event, but it won't help with the sprayers problem. Maybe the best idea is to either play with friends or just allow only silenced guns in ghostmode overall. Although that will never happen, it's probably the only solution (although it will make ghostmode only more dead).

Another idea would be to before you can even play ghostmode you HAVE TO do some sort of practice/training first. So that you understand how to play as ghost and as Global Risk (again this would probably make ghostmode even more dead).

As for the event itself I would support it, but I don't think it will solve the problem AT ALL. Also would like to see another prize then the m4a1 silver for this event.

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • If they restrict it so GM players can't just make alts to win then +1
  • Do you really think that a mini tournament will solve the problem of sprayers in ghost mode? even with silenced weapons on MP, people continue to join in room with mg3,thompson,ak..etc..they do that on purpose . Some time ago, someone suggested to put when you create a gm room an option about weapons..u could choose to play with silenced or with all...well this is a good suggestion to avoid that problem.
  • Sprayers couldn’t be solved for this lil tournament that you wanted to happen.
    They should put a “silenced gun” mode to prevent those players who took MG3, Thompson and all of the loudest weaps in cf.
    Like in TD/SD/EM, those shotgun, sniper and knife mode. So there should be a silenced gun mode for GM.
  • I agree with some here, this is merely an event and will not solve the issue. As some stated here and has been suggested in the past to include Silent Weapon only option as well as balanced weapon.
  • I actually was a dedicated GM player back in the days. I never played SnD, only TD and GM
    The days clans like H&S and GM*quiver were big. (sorry I probably forgot most of the big clans by now lol). I actually was LT of a dedicated GM only clan myself for a while untill I quit CF
    BUT there are 2 reasons as to why I quit GM and have never played GM in the last ~4 years:
    -loud sprayers (<--Main reason)
    -getting kicked out of every game if I didnt play with my clan or friends.

From my perspective completely reviving GM would be a task setup to fail, because most of the really dedicated GMers quit the game and moved on with their lives. You might be able to lure back a few of them though, but without any improvements in the mode it will not appeal to new players and oldschool players wont stay.
    So first, Z8 HAS to take away the number 1 irritation among GMers: Loud sprayers. Implement a silenced only option into the ghost mode room creation. Nowadays silenced guns are easier than ever to acquire so this wont exclude new commers or non-spenders from GM.
    Since silenced pistols arent available for free secondary weapons should be unaffected by this rule. A little pistol spray here and there wont make anyone quit, its the non english speaking/ignoring sheeps that just run around in circles with their ZM MG spraying untill their mags are empty that ruined this mode.

The second step would be to slowly start promoting GM and this new silenced only feature.
    Make a little GM event every month to make people try it out. Not a big one, im talking about things like 'Play 3 hours of GM this week for 10 crates' or 'Reach 100 kills in GM for 5 crate tickets' etc. <---keep repeating this every month or every other month.
    Easy things like that, DONT make huge GM events with large rewards and insane requirements, This will either make people farm the event, or grind GM so much that they are completely done with the mode when the event is over. And thus not not reaching the inital goal of making people more interested in GM.

Well now this thread better not die off lol, I didnt type this for fun, I really want this mode to be 'revived' or atleast increase the player base. And impove the mode. Which is really easy. (I mean, from a technical pov how hard is it to implement a silenced only option? Not hard I would think) There are literally no downsides.
  • nGhost wrote: »
    I actually was a dedicated GM player back in the days. I never played SnD, only TD and GM
    The days clans like H&S and GM*quiver were big. (sorry I probably forgot most of the big clans by now lol). I actually was LT of a dedicated GM only clan myself for a while untill I quit CF
    BUT there are 2 reasons as to why I quit GM and have never played GM in the last ~4 years:

From my perspective completely reviving GM would be a task setup to fail, because most of the really dedicated GMers quit the game and moved on with their lives. You might be able to lure back a few of them though, but without any improvements in the mode it will not appeal to new players and oldschool players wont stay.
    So first, Z8 HAS to take away the number 1 irritation among GMers: Loud sprayers. Implement a silenced only option into the ghost mode room creation. Nowadays silenced guns are easier than ever to acquire so this wont exclude new commers or non-spenders from GM.
    Since silenced pistols arent available for free secondary weapons should be unaffected by this rule. A little pistol spray here and there wont make anyone quit, its the non english speaking/ignoring sheeps that just run around in circles with their ZM MG spraying untill their mags are empty that ruined this mode.

The second step would be to slowly start promoting GM and this new silenced only feature.
    Make a little GM event every month to make people try it out. Not a big one, im talking about things like 'Play 3 hours of GM this week for 10 crates' or 'Reach 100 kills in GM for 5 crate tickets' etc. <---keep repeating this every month or every other month.
    Easy things like that, DONT make huge GM events with large rewards and insane requirements, This will either make people farm the event, or grind GM so much that they are completely done with the mode when the event is over. And thus not not reaching the inital goal of making people more interested in GM.

Well now this thread better not die off lol, I didnt type this for fun, I really want this mode to be 'revived' or atleast increase the player base. And impove the mode. Which is really easy. (I mean, from a technical pov how hard is it to implement a silenced only option? Not hard I would think) There are literally no downsides.

This is probably the best solution I've heard so far, thanks for taking the time to suggest this and let's hope it'll happen. I might make a comeback to GM (fully commited to GM) if this would be implented and works out... :D
    It's definetly worth a shot atleast.
    Let's revive the gamemode that makes crossfire really unique to all other games!!
  • This is probably the best solution I've heard so far, thanks for taking the time to suggest this and let's hope it'll happen. I might make a comeback to GM (fully commited to GM) if this would be implented and works out... :D
    It's definetly worth a shot atleast.
    Let's revive the gamemode that makes crossfire really unique to all other games!!

Thanks fellow Dutchman
  • nGhost wrote: »
    I actually was a dedicated GM player back in the days. I never played SnD, only TD and GM

^^^ This

But also they could probably do something event wise like they do with the weekend event in a way....make it so that you can earn up to say 2,000 EP (maybe more?) every day if you play X games of GM or you earn so much for every minute you're playing GM. This would bring people day in and day out into the GM rooms. BUT it would still depend on the Silenced only option. Otherwise any event that pushes GM for the public will just further kill PUB GM rooms as the players who actually know how to properly play GM will leave and do private rooms with friends and the nabs will only do the GM rooms until the event is over or just never learn anything.
    So maybe if/when the Silencer Only option gets introduced it could effectively create GM+ mode kinda like we have HMX Parasite. and have GM+ be the promoted version that you can earn EP or that the events are based on.

ON TOP OF THIS:
    I'd like to add that the Tutorial/Training Camp should be expanded to have Tutorial that covers the basics of each Game Mode. Tactics and special things etc etc. This expanded Tutorial mode could start by focusing in on Ghost Mode (Though Tutorial Mode should allow you to select a map which indicates which Mode you want to train in) with a tutorial for Ghosts on how to Bhop and stay invisible and also a tutorial for soldiers on how to pin point ghosts which could be done by placing ghost targets that make the breath sounds on the map. First few would be stationary. Then others would be moving. Would also be a good idea to include some with the reduced breath effect as if they have breath down.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    ^^^ This

But also they could probably do something event wise like they do with the weekend event in a way....make it so that you can earn up to say 2,000 EP (maybe more?) every day if you play X games of GM or you earn so much for every minute you're playing GM. This would bring people day in and day out into the GM rooms. BUT it would still depend on the Silenced only option. Otherwise any event that pushes GM for the public will just further kill PUB GM rooms as the players who actually know how to properly play GM will leave and do private rooms with friends and the nabs will only do the GM rooms until the event is over or just never learn anything.
    So maybe if/when the Silencer Only option gets introduced it could effectively create GM+ mode kinda like we have HMX Parasite. and have GM+ be the promoted version that you can earn EP or that the events are based on.

ON TOP OF THIS:
    I'd like to add that the Tutorial/Training Camp should be expanded to have Tutorial that covers the basics of each Game Mode. Tactics and special things etc etc. This expanded Tutorial mode could start by focusing in on Ghost Mode (Though Tutorial Mode should allow you to select a map which indicates which Mode you want to train in) with a tutorial for Ghosts on how to Bhop and stay invisible and also a tutorial for soldiers on how to pin point ghosts which could be done by placing ghost targets that make the breath sounds on the map. First few would be stationary. Then others would be moving. Would also be a good idea to include some with the reduced breath effect as if they have breath down.
    I'm all for a silenced gun option for GM rooms as well an event to promote it. As for the training camp, i'm less supportive of. That would take a lot of time to code and then on top of that I doubt it would be highly successful because the problem isn't that people CAN'T learn ghost mode strats, it's that they would rather just spray the gun with the highest ammo cap that they own instead. It could be fun to have a ghost mode bot mode though.
  • So basically a tournament? Isnt there one going on right now?

I used to play a lot of GM, but I fell in love with HMX and stopped with GM. And last time I played there weren't that many people with loud weapons tbh, it was just me going around with my Barrett.
  • the new players will end up quitting when they realize they have to face me someday so it's pointless really, just a waste of time tbh
  • Actually the most Active people are kids who need a cheat for this 'beep' game. Dont think that they will learn to use silence weapons in GM. Or even the Skill to play GM seriously.
  • egypig wrote: »
    Dont think that they will learn to use silence weapons in GM. Or even the Skill to play GM seriously.
    Duhhh thats why I wrote down that idea. If you cant teach them you gotta force them.
  • someone suggested to put when you create a gm room an option about weapons..u could choose to play with silenced or with all...well this is a good suggestion to avoid that problem.

I need that option in snd rooms be cause i hate m4 vip sprayers in snd,if i can block silenced weapons in snd i can enjoy snd again.
  • I need that option in snd rooms be cause i hate m4 vip sprayers in snd,if i can block silenced weapons in snd i can enjoy snd again.

You make no sense AT ALL
  • I need that option in snd rooms be cause i hate m4 vip sprayers in snd,if i can block silenced weapons in snd i can enjoy snd again.

Seems you don't have M4 VIP :rolleyes: If so .. Probably you won't say that if you have at least one :cool:

• ' wrote:
    David[;4505394']Seems you don't have M4 VIP :rolleyes: If so .. Probably you won't say that if you have at least one :cool:

Idon't even like it why would i get one?
    I never used any of my silenced weapons and i hate the silenced weapons in snd as much as you hate ak sprayers in gm

GM sucks btw
  • Idon't even like it why would i get one?
    I never used any of my silenced weapons and i hate the silenced weapons in snd as much as you hate ak sprayers in gm

GM sucks btw

i dont know why u even came and post here. If u dont like ghost mode and u dont like silenced guns
    u should go and make ur own thread and rage there, not here where we talk about ghost mode
  • Dude if you know the main problem is the most of sprayers aren't play with headphone because they are newbie players plus they are young and i'm pretty sure of that so your idea of making an event it doesn't matter for them because they have no idea about events and the forum :'D