A possible solution for the cheating situation

We've been offering anti-cheating suggestions to the GMs/Developers all wrong.
None of it will ever be implemented, no matter how great it is.

What I propose is that we implement our own anti-cheat system.
A system that doesn't need the GM's/Developer's approval.

"How can we even implement a anti-cheat system? We can't change the server!"
Ahh! But we can! We have some things that the cheaters doesn't have. Like a brain.

Anyway enough BS. Crossfire has had password options for rooms for a very long time. The only time we ever use it is to play privately with friends.
But I suggest we start using that to our advantage. This might or might not have been suggested before.

We should agree that cheaters are likely to target more populated servers such as NA 1 and UK 4.

So we should start using empty servers like NA 3. Why?
> It's rather empty and should have the least chance of encountering cheaters there.

Every room in the agreed upon server is set to a special type of password only known among players who browses the forums.
Of course the password should be a master password that should be applied a special algorithm that way it changes every day.

For example lets say that the master password is: Kanadian
Lets say for example the special algorithm is to apply three letters of the current weekday name to the master password: Kanadian => MonKanadian
For extra security measure we can write the number of the current date like 9/25/2017 => MonKanadian25

* Note: This is a suggestion algorithm I came up with on the spot and is not very strong at all. It serves as a demonstration to my suggestion.

Another possible suggestion branching off from my previous suggestion is to use each of the current GMs name as master passwords.
So each room has a room name set to a GM name. This means each GM name has a different algorithm you must apply to their name.

Like Kanadian could be: MonKanadian25 :: (3 letter of current week day name) + Kanadian + (Current day of the month)
Whereas Grumpy could be something like: 225rumpyGay :: (Month x Day) + (Pig latin of Grumpy's name)

PROs
===========================================================
1. Flexible anti-cheat system, decided and developed by the community.
2. Can be changed any time.
3. Does not require GM/Developer approval.
4. If this idea gets popular and even a GM likes this idea, it can work perfectly with Ixith's suggestion that it limits GM patrols to only 1 server.
5. I don't expect cheaters to read the forums anyway. They're not going to go on the forum to complain about their accounts being banned or complain about the cheating situation.
6. The closest we can ever get to "our own server that is limited of cheaters"

CONs
===========================================================
1. This idea really needs a lot of support to actually work.
2. People can easily spread the algorithm out to let the cheaters know.
3. Cheaters might actually browse the forums.
4. Some people might do different algorithms than from what the community agreed upon and this can create fractures in my idea. It requires everyone to stick to the same algorithm.
5. Deciding who can know the algorithms, we don't want to accidentally leak out our algorithm to cheaters.

* Note: This isn't a fully thought out idea. I would describe it more as a base or foundation. I would like to gather input from the community regarding this idea on how we can create our own anti-cheat system. Since we can't really rely on the Developers to implement any anti-cheat system any time soon. I also can't think of any other possible mechanism that is already implemented into the game that we can use to our advantage.at the moment. If you guys know any please leave feedback.

To recap:
NA 3 -> Room name has Kanadian set. -> apply algorithm to name "Kanadian" -> get password -> enter room

* Note: I advise you guys to stop sending reports of cheaters, until GMs can solve the issue of cheaters creating new accounts. For now, the more cheaters play with their account, the easier it is for us to recognize them and kick them out early as possible. Otherwise we'll constantly be paranoid of lots of people.

The basic idea of this suggestion is to use empty servers and apply (1x/2x/3x) community approved algorithm(s) onto a master password in order to enter the room.
Of course the algorithms can be managed and kept secret by an unbiased party such as a mod or gm.

If you guys do not like my idea at all, it is perfectly fine. Although I do urge you guys to start thinking of creative ways that we can create our own anti-cheat system without depending on the developers. They're taking way too long to do anything about it. We should use what we already have available to us, let us not waste anymore effort on asking and waiting for the developers to bring about change.

Comments

• -1 a lot of the community doesn't even check the forums post. Most of them check only the event's track and the shop.
  • It's not a bad idea for the community to try to take control of something themselves. However, there's simply not enough players that here in the forum to make this a solid idea. Even if every forumer went and told their legit friends and jumped into the unused servers to do this we'd be lucky to fill 1 channel and you'd always be playing with the same people, probably on the same maps, and it'd get super boring real fast. So it would end up pretty much just being private rooms of friends anyways in an isolated server. That being said...if enough people wanted to give it a try then that'd be awesome. I just don't foresee it really working not unless there's massive communication network going on through out the game hitting up only legit player accounts and getting them to join in on it without bringing any of the hackers with them. And then a lot of the player base wouldn't understand due to still being kids and/or not speaking the same languages so the understanding element has potential for hurting this idea as well.

so +1 for coming up with a potential unique player based idea. But I just don't foresee it working out unfortunately.