Overwatch

Wouldn't be nice to help the gms with watching reports of hackers? I think the players that played more than 3 years, got honorable soldier ribbon and 150 forum posts. To check a player report ticket. If the ''suspect'' got suspected by the player, he won't be instead banned. But the ticket of the suspect get a higher chance that he/she hacks. If more players that thinks the suspect hacks, he gets banned.

Ofcourse I know a lot of players want rewards for doing this, (a less hacker is mine reward already). GM crates. Each succesful overwatch gets 5 GM crates (All players who knew that he/she used hacks).

Thanks for reading my suggestion,
My English isn't the best
-Farlight

Comments

• Hmm still could be abused but anything can be tbh. Plus with those requirments it lowers the chance of abusers.

+1 it would actually help + handing out rewards for people who do so.
  • 3 years and 150 posts? lmfao. No.

Issa -1 from me.
  • +1 good idea, and maybe there should be some punishment if someone say a legit player hak just to get rewards, even bann that someone
  • iDupree_ wrote: »
    3 years and 150 posts? lmfao. No.

Issa -1 from me.

So whatchu want? 5 years and 1000 posts?

The requirments are just fine. It's at the line of people who are loyal players are able to help with reports and decreasing the chances of someone just abusing it but at the end of the day it's still under the GM's if it's worth the ban.

I'll take anything that will help the game out with it's cheating issue and this works pretty well on CSGO if you ask me ( value is a bit meh but that's them. ) giving the people that like the game the power to help the game out would only increase the community happiness if Z8 follows to work with us all.
  • I'll take anything that will help the game out with it's cheating issue and this works pretty well on CSGO if you ask me ( value is a bit meh but that's them. ) giving the people that like the game the power to help the game out would only increase the community happiness if Z8 follows to work with us all.

The main difference is that CSGO is a paid game, last I checked (I mean, doesn't stop lots of people from hacking, but still)

This'd be something like CSGO's OW system, but instead of rank, it'd be forum posts. I'd +1 to that, but then again thats a risky move.
    Not all players can tell the difference between hacking and simple skill.
    The requirement is decent enough. I wouldn't even be able to do that :P only a year old, this account is.
  • The main difference is that CSGO is a paid game, last I checked (I mean, doesn't stop lots of people from hacking, but still)

This'd be something like CSGO's OW system, but instead of rank, it'd be forum posts. I'd +1 to that, but then again thats a risky move.
    Not all players can tell the difference between hacking and simple skill.
    The requirement is decent enough. I wouldn't even be able to do that :P only a year old, this account is.

I think if the Replay Function was actually better it wouldn't be too hard to spot hacks but with how buggy and lagging it is I could only really see clear aimbots ( like them switching targets heads on the quickness ).

But again it's not like the players will have full control of people get banned from OW it's just a way for more players to see a certain report and raise it's notice level so then the GM's would easily know what to spot out to quickly get this reports done ( while still watching it themselves of course ). I just feel like this would bring the GM's and the Community closer to work together on this cheating issue.

Of course they still need to get this Anti-Cheat working cause even with all these ways of banning hackers it's not like they can't just make a new account and repeat the process.
  • I think if the Replay Function was actually better it wouldn't be too hard to spot hacks but with how buggy and lagging it is I could only really see clear aimbots ( like them switching targets heads on the quickness )

Of course they still need to get this Anti-Cheat working cause even with all these ways of banning hackers it's not like they can't just make a new account and repeat the process.

This much I can agree with. CFNA REALLY needs an anti-cheat upgrade.
    The war against hackers really has mostly become a losing battle right now for that exact reason. Hackers can just make a new account with no care in the world. Heck, even an email verification option to activate the account would be more helpful in deterring (some) hackers.
    I report anyone that's above Second Lieutenant, but anyone lower than that isn't worth the time anymore.
  • I'm pretty sure Grumpy said something about something like this being in the works a while back.
  • Giving power to the community doesn't sound very "safe".
    A lot of players like to go on power trips and use fear mongering to get what they want.

If a player refuses to give up their weapons or kills someone a lot of times due to their mistakes, they'll probably get kicked(Reason why the kick vote system was removed from non team based games).
    Main point is, the community has a lot of power trippers who use dirty fear mongering techniques to get what they want.

There was one case that I know definitely happened was that in a FFA match, someone kicked GM Odeeb, and as a result he temporarily banned everyone in that room. Give power to the community, they'll use it for corrupt reasons.
  • [size=+1]Yes we want to be a useful members !
    [/size]
  • -1 for ever
    ik it's an old thread tho i just sow it now
    1st i'm an egy to make that clear ... Do you Really Want Egy's To control your Life ''Account'' and vote for you being banned or not ?
    2nd do you really think that ppl won't abuse it ?
    3rd what will happen when a skilled played get banned ?
  • -1 for ever
    ik it's an old thread tho i just sow it now
    1st i'm an egy to make that clear ... Do you Really Want Egy's To control your Life ''Account'' and vote for you being banned or not ?
    2nd do you really think that ppl won't abuse it ?
    3rd what will happen when a skilled played get banned ?
    Please do not bump old threads.
This discussion has been closed.