Gift of Giving [Suggested Event]

This is an event type that I think the GMs should take in consideration for an update this Xmas Season. (While it's still a few months away...I figured posting it now will give them ample time to consider it and the possibility of implementing it...this is also an edited/refined version of my Spring Cleaning suggested event from back in the spring...)

The Gift of Giving

Description: Remove unwanted weapons (and maybe items) from your inventory and get rewarded for Giving away!

The idea revolves around a period of submission in which players will go through their inventories and note anything they no longer want cluttering they're inventories. From there they will submit a special ticket to support (kind of like how the Registration for the Raiders event or the special ticket option for the Crossfire Fanworks is listed). In the Gift of Giving ticket they will list the various things they want removed from their inventories. After the Submission period the GMs will remove those things.
**players should only be able to submit ONE ticket. So choose wisely.**

What should players get in exchange for this giving?
-For each day of a temporary item that is removed: 1 EP. Max 10k EP
-For each day of a temporary weapon that is removed: 1EP. Max 10k EP
-For each GP Black Market permanent removed: 5k EP. Max 40k EP
-For each ZP Black Market permanent removed: 25 Free Crate Tickets.

**note you should be able to remove as much as you want. However, you will only get rewarded up to the Max allowed. Also weapons and items that already have a sell button on them ingame should not be counted towards this as players themselves can remove those.

ON top of the Inventory cleaning....the event can and perhaps SHOULD include another aspect that doesn't involve cleaning inventory...Something along the line of:
-Play 20 Games on Christmas TDM Reward 10k EP
-Get 50 Assists in S&D Reward 10k EP
-Gift 10k or more ZP Reward 10k EP *perhaps allow this one multiple times?
-Play 20 ZM matches (idea being it requires team work/helping each other) Reward 10k EP
-? Other potential 'Xmas/Giving/Helping' objectives

Each part of this section would have it's own small reward but there would be an overall reward for all of this which would be a 'Gift of Giving' Ribbon

I think an event of this kind could be fun, but also present a unique chance to clear out cluttered inventories and remove duplicate weapons for many people as well along with fitting, to a degree, the Xmas spirit.

(NOTE: All numbers used for rewards and requirements are all just an idea that to me seems reasonable. These would of course be up to the GMs discretion at the end of the day.)

(sorry no cool graphic. If I did make one....it'd be lame as my graphical abilities are rather limited. lol)

Comments

• Why all your suggestions gotta look fancy ? lol

I wouldn't mind this, it would allow me to clean out all those terrible broken temp weapons for some kind of gift. and it works around the whole Christmas Theme +1

with the challenges if it aint got no hours then I am down for it. +1 #NOMOREHOURS
  • I like it, but I'd up the ZM clears to something a bit higher :P Unless it can exclude Death Rally somehow or make it only ZM2, 20 is really low, considering.
  • I like it, but I'd up the ZM clears to something a bit higher :P Unless it can exclude Death Rally somehow or make it only ZM2, 20 is really low, considering.

Why you want things to be harder?

It is pretty low though but I aint going to complaining if it means less work lol.
  • +1 because most of us got the same weap for 3-4-5pcs each. So we gon get an awesome EP for exchange.
  • +1 anything to get ep and I have a zp gun I never use.
  • Why you want things to be harder?

It is pretty low though but I aint going to complaining if it means less work lol.

Thats just the ZMer in me :P 20 games is a day for me so thats maybe why I see it as so low
  • Sounds good. But nobody is happy with assists, it should be kills :p
  • +1 good idea, but i would change a little few things like
    -1ep/day for item is a low price could be changed to 3 ep/day and max to 20 k ep
    -1 ep/day for temporary gun changed to 5 ep/day and max to 40 k ep
    - 1 gp black market gun is good for 40 k ep considering tha there are weapons hard to win , like u need hundreds and hundreds of gp crate and still nothing
    -1 zp black market gun should be minimum 50 free crate tickets , this are even harder to win than gp crates
    -they should include in this old bonus points guns like m4a1 silver, ak silver etc for free crates but as u get bonus points like 10% of ur zp spendings this guns
    change rate should be lower like 10 free crate each gun.
    I hope i didnt exagerated my numbers, but hey once time a year is the christmas, so lets make all happy.
  • +1 should be harder so if the make the missions more harder then the rewards should be high Ex: 120k Ep that will be more fair
    • IGN Ezio
  • +1 for a great way to clean the inventory and turn it into an event. I really need to clean it up since I've got so many pointless items that it's hard to find things I want to equip.
  • The amounts I set are arbitrary and just general ideas. However, it was set with some reasoning. For Example the entire event as I have it rewards up to 100k EP. Which is a lot for a single event especially one that's rather easy like this... most of the EP give out amounts for the 1st part that deals with 'giving up' some of your inventory was taking into mind the pure AMOUNT of temporaries items & weapons people have. It also took into account the fact that you'd be trading a GP weapon for a chance to win a ZP weapon which is MUCH more valuable. As for the crate ticket for a ZP weapon amount...I set that as to be realistic for what they'd probably consider. I personally think 50 would be too high to the exception of maybe the Noble weapons or other higher price/lower win rate rare weapons. But that 25 for those types is certainly too low. But for some less rare and less valuable ZP weapons such as basic skin old weapons 25 is probably just fine.
    That entire part of the event also takes into consideration that cleaning up ones inventory is also a bit of a reward for many.

As for the 2nd part of the event. They're not meant to be hard but rather relatively rewarding without going over board for the ease of the event.
    Overall it's suppose to be an enjoyable and relatively easy event that is higher rewarding but not over rewarding all in the sake of the Xmas spirit/theme.

Glad to see the general idea though is liked. MAYBE one of the GMs has seen this or will see this and would like to comment? ;)
  • Ixith wrote: »
    The amounts I set are arbitrary and just general ideas. However, it was set with some reasoning. For Example the entire event as I have it rewards up to 100k EP. Which is a lot for a single event especially one that's rather easy like this... most of the EP give out amounts for the 1st part that deals with 'giving up' some of your inventory was taking into mind the pure AMOUNT of temporaries items & weapons people have. It also took into account the fact that you'd be trading a GP weapon for a chance to win a ZP weapon which is MUCH more valuable. As for the crate ticket for a ZP weapon amount...I set that as to be realistic for what they'd probably consider. I personally think 50 would be too high to the exception of maybe the Noble weapons or other higher price/lower win rate rare weapons. But that 25 for those types is certainly too low. But for some less rare and less valuable ZP weapons such as basic skin old weapons 25 is probably just fine.
    That entire part of the event also takes into consideration that cleaning up ones inventory is also a bit of a reward for many.

As for the 2nd part of the event. They're not meant to be hard but rather relatively rewarding without going over board for the ease of the event.
    Overall it's suppose to be an enjoyable and relatively easy event that is higher rewarding but not over rewarding all in the sake of the Xmas spirit/theme.

Glad to see the general idea though is liked. MAYBE one of the GMs has seen this or will see this and would like to comment? ;)

+1+1+1+1+... .........+1 for idea
  • Like the general idea but for the ZP guns 25 crate coupons seems pretty low. Even winning multiples for me normally takes 20-100 crates.
  • [size=+1]It's good idea i have more than 100 item that i don't want :)
    [/size]
  • +1

I could use some cleanup. Some kind of script/program would have to be created to work through tickets though, because there is no way the GMs are going to go through several hundred tickets on top of their normal duties.
    -Gift 10k or more ZP Reward 10k EP
    all was going very well till I read this.
    I was like wait what?! :D
    10k zp for 10kEP?! In farewell crates 11.5k =30 crates while 10k EP means 10 crates maximum maybe they should be 20k?
  • +1, good job!
    Maybe they could add a ribbon called "Gift of Giving" as well for this event. :D
  • all was going very well till I read this.
    I was like wait what?! :D
    10k zp for 10kEP?! In farewell crates 11.5k =30 crates while 10k EP means 10 crates maximum maybe they should be 20k?

lol true. the ZP Gifting reward probably should be a bit higher....but at the same time you can't really compare the Farewell crate deals into the equation as those are limited time sales. so 10k ZP is more like 12 crates. (10 crates for 8k + 2 singles for 2k) Or even less if you're going for a more worthy gun choice like the Ares or a crate with an Anti-Zombie weapon in it. ;)

but again all numbers, particularly relating to rewards....are at the GMs discretion if the idea were to actually get used. (and it so totally should!)
    lol true. the ZP Gifting reward probably should be a bit higher....but at the same time you can't really compare the Farewell crate deals into the equation as those are limited time sales. so 10k ZP is more like 12 crates. (10 crates for 8k + 2 singles for 2k) Or even less if you're going for a more worthy gun choice like the Ares or a crate with an Anti-Zombie weapon in it. ;)

but again all numbers, particularly relating to rewards....are at the GMs discretion if the idea were to actually get used. (and it so totally should!)
    on the other hand EP crates are few compared to zp ones and we can get like 30k EP in a glimpse like the past back to basics event meanwhile zp must be purchased so yes 10k EP as a reward for 10k zp should really be changed as they are not balanced but yes +1 it is a great suggestion . :)