Specific achievements to join a certain server

This is an idea fix to slow down cheaters.

One of my previous suggestions was to make a VIP only server since cheaters never buy VIP on a throwaway account. It was met with no support at all.
There were suggestions to have the server validate player's actions, but it has been met with barely any support.

I propose instead now that all new accounts should have to earn:
a certain ribbon
X ribbons (Maybe like 5-10 ribbons)
X hours/days of playtime (Preferably days, afking or not logging into an account doesn't count as playtime; requires the new account to actually play to earn playtime)
a certain rank (Some servers have this, but they barely have any players)

Clarification: I get the feeling that some of you might misunderstand. The achievements mentioned above does not mean that new accounts has to earn all of them nor any 1 of them. Those are examples of what types of achievements the GMs should use to limit cheaters. Meaning that if a GM likes the idea of X playtime idea. Then new accounts has to only earn that much playtime. However I don't want my idea to be restricted by 1 limit. I feel that if a GM deem it necessary to use multiple limits such as 10 ribbons and a week's worth of playtime just to make the lives of cheaters harder. Of course this might be hard for new legitimate players, but they're only doing this once whereas cheaters would have to repeatedly do this over and over again every time their throwaway account gets banned.

To elaborate more on this:
New players will be limited to only the rookie server until they can achieve the specific condition.
Now I know that this will be unfair to actual new legitimate players, but then again I don't understand why they would throw themselves into game rooms filled with experienced players and then cry "Pay to win" when they get crushed by experienced players with better equipment. They should be better off practicing on the rookie server and making use of it. The rookie server barely has any players there at all and just sits there collecting dust.

I believe this should slow them down considerably where making a new account for cheaters should becomes quite a hassle.
It's always has been a hassle for legitimate players to always save replays and submit them and then wait for a GM to watch it. However there's been absolutely no hassle for cheaters to create a new account and start cheating right away again.

I also have thought upon the after effects this suggestion has:
After being banned multiple times and creating new accounts and then having to complete a certain achievement which can take from hours to days to complete. They will eventually become more and more discouraged to cheat. Cheaters will simply be more subtle when cheating, which is better than now. Cheaters just go around cheating blatantly with no worries. When they become more subtle at cheating, it makes it more possible to kill them since they'll have to turn off their cheats for a moment to appear legit.

This suggestion is intended on SLOWING down the flow of cheaters, not stopping them permanently if you didn't read the top of this post. I understand that this game is considered "ancient" and that the code in this game is considered to be a massive headache to redo.

Overall I believe this suggestion is possible to implement and it's rather fair for both spenders and non spenders. It won't stop cheaters, but discourage them to cheat or to cheat blatantly.

P.S.
Stop calling them hackers. Majority of cheaters are just some kids who downloaded something from a shady website. Hackers are people who actually know how to manipulate software.

Ixith wrote: »
I'd also say that it could make for an easy patrolling for the GMs if they also make it so rooms can't be locked in the Rookie server so that GMs can jump into any match easily. Then the GMs could each play a couple of games there every day, perhaps with alt accounts if needed, and essentially instant ban any hackers they run across which is likely to be quite a few.
Also, what about a minimum account age of say, 6 months, if they don't have the ribbons?
If they haven't been banned in 6 months, it's unlikely they're a new account made by a cheater.

Comments

• I'd be okay with forcing new accounts into the rookie server. Most would be out of it VERY quickly if it sits on the same rank requirement and nothing else. But if other requirements to leave the rookie server are implemented it could certainly hold up any cheaters for a bit longer. It'd also give the rookie server a reason to exist as currently it really doesn't have a reason anymore. It also doesn't require trying to get all the other players to know to join a different server that has restriction in place on it.

I'd also say that it could make for an easy patrolling for the GMs if they also make it so rooms can't be locked in the Rookie server so that GMs can jump into any match easily. Then the GMs could each play a couple of games there every day, perhaps with alt accounts if needed, and essentially instant ban any hackers they run across which is likely to be quite a few.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    I'd be okay with forcing new accounts into the rookie server. Most would be out of it VERY quickly if it sits on the same rank requirement and nothing else. But if other requirements to leave the rookie server are implemented it could certainly hold up any cheaters for a bit longer. It'd also give the rookie server a reason to exist as currently it really doesn't have a reason anymore. It also doesn't require trying to get all the other players to know to join a different server that has restriction in place on it.

Good point. I didn't think about that potential benefit.
    I was thinking that new players should stay in the rookie server for at least a week, to preferably drive cheaters to go nuts from repeatedly replaying that empty server every time they create a new account.
  • +1
    they should make new server for who has 15+ ribbons , or make new ribbon when u get 15 ribbons u get it and it will access u to join the new server.
  • ChromeGun wrote: »
    +1
    they should make new server for who has 15+ ribbons , or make new ribbon when u get 15 ribbons u get it and it will access u to join the new server.

1. This is not a bad suggestions since some of the ways to get this much might require them to have ZP in their account, but it's only exclusive for players who played for maybe a couple of months or a year.

2. We want to make it difficult, but not too difficult that new players rage quit from trying to earn 15 ribbons. 15 ribbons is quite a lot to earn and I doubt new legitimate players would have the patience for that.

3. I know that this is a separate and NEW server, but I feel it's exclusively available to a certain part of the community and the GMs would have no support for it. In the past I presented my idea of an VIP only server and it was met with no support from them as it discriminates and favors only the paying players side. I believe the GMs strive to make it fair for both paying and non paying players.

tl;dr
    5-10 ribbons is already hard as it is for non spending players.
  • 1. This is not a bad suggestions since some of the ways to get this much might require them to have ZP in their account, but it's only exclusive for players who played for maybe a couple of months or a year.

2. We want to make it difficult, but not too difficult that new players rage quit from trying to earn 15 ribbons. 15 ribbons is quite a lot to earn and I doubt new legitimate players would have the patience for that.

3. I know that this is a separate and NEW server, but I feel it's exclusively available to a certain part of the community and the GMs would have no support for it. In the past I presented my idea of an VIP only server and it was met with no support from them as it discriminates and favors only the paying players side. I believe the GMs strive to make it fair for both paying and non paying players.

tl;dr
    5-10 ribbons is already hard as it is for non spending players.

for only who charged zp is bad idea , cause many players played this game for many years and they never charged zp [ like me ]
    about ribbons , the should make it atleast between 5-10 as u said.
  • I quite like this idea. +1
    Also, what about a minimum account age of say, 6 months, if they don't have the ribbons?
    If they haven't been banned in 6 months, it's unlikely they're a new account made by a cheater.
  • I quite like this idea. +1

That sounds reasonable if they're unable to get the amount of ribbons in 6 months and not have been banned before.