HMX Parasite

In my opinion HMX Parasite is so Mutant sided.

Mutants:
- Devil Terminator: 6K damage per right click, 2K damage per left click. Unlimited Parasite Bombs and unlimited protection shield with speed. (Both with 5s cooldown.)
- Demon Terminator: 6K damager per right click, 2K damage per left click. No skills.

Soldiers:
- Devil Hunter: 2K damage per swing with right click. 1K damage per swing with left click. Gains 200 HP per kill.

So here are some of my suggestions:

Have an Achievement for HMX Parasite which nerfs the Devil Terminator a bit:

- Achievement Level 1 → 20% chance of not getting mutated by the Parasite Grenade.
- Achievement Level 2 → 25% chance of not getting mutated by the Parasite Grenade.
- Achievement Level 3 → 30% chance of not getting mutated by the Parasite Grenade.
- Achievement Level 4 → 35% chance of not getting mutated by the Parasite Grenade.
- Achievement Level 5 → 40% chance of not getting mutated by the Parasite Grenade.
- Achievement Level 6 → 45% chance of not getting mutated by the Parasite Grenade.
- Achievement Level 7 → 50% chance of not getting mutated by the Parasite Grenade.

The reason to have this Achievement is that I think it's a little bit too OP the way it is right now. You can sit at one spot and throw your Parasite Bomb and it will effect those near it. It has a 5s cooldown, and while you're standing there, you can regain the 500 HP you just spent to throw the bomb, and throw another one. While everyone is shooting each other to remove the infection, other normal mutants can get them easily.

Or

If you think having an achievement that has a chance of you not getting mutated is too OP, maybe limit the Parasite Bombs to 5, 10, 15?

- Make the Parasite Bomb act like a normal Grenade. It sucks that that bomb can infect people when you throw it on the other side of the wall. It makes it extremely OP in maps like White Moon.

On to the Demon Terminator:

If you reach Titan, you will be able to press E if any of the last soldiers left transform into the Devil Hunter.

Nerf the Demon Terminator:

- Reduce the HP to 7K. I've had 11K HP as a Demon Terminator and I got all 3 Devil Hunters without losing 1 HP.
- Reduce the range. It has crazy range. While the Devil Hunter is trying to get you, you can swing at her from so far and kill her easily.

Buff the Devil Hunter:

- Instead of 200 HP per kill, make it 250 HP. Killing 2 Mutants and getting that 500 HP back could be useful as many players like to use right click. (Deals extra 500 damage.)

Soul Stone:

- Remove daily limit. It takes around 2 months to get a tier 3 Soul Stone, and I think that is just too much. Getting a Mutation Magazine out of a tier 3 Soul Stone is painful.
- Slightly decrease the amount of % we get from playing a game if you remove the daily limit.

I think that is all I have to suggest. If I come up with new or better suggestions I will reply to the thread with them.

Feel free to have your own suggestions too. :)

Thank you Preset for finding all the typos on the thread... xD

Comments

• Sounds pretty reasonable.

The ability of getting thrown a bone in terms of MAYBE not getting mutated sounds pretty great, although perhaps the way it is now is supposed to encourage teamwork.

I can agree on the Range, remember when I told you that I'd execute you?

I'm staying neutral on the Devil Terminator Buff, it's not that she's too weak, but that the Devil Terminator is pretty much able to steamroll through everything if he remotely knows what he's doing, I agree with your proposed nerfs.

I agree on the Soul Stone Limit removal as well. HMX Games take quite some time, and people should be able to be eligible to gather Points the whole way through.

Overall, quite the "SUPER SUPREME" suggestion, as you've called it.

+1
  • I'd +1 this. I hate how weak the Devil Hunter is, and how painfully easy it is for the Terminator to kill her. Heck, I actually prefer being a Terminator because of how easy it is to beat the Hunters. I like the achievement, though I'd probably stop it at around 35% (maybe starting at 15% at LV.1 and 35% at LV.5) as that seems like a decently high, but also scary low, chance to not be infected.
    It also doesnt help to be a 12 pinger and fighting a higher ping Terminator :P You get killed/mutated from a distance that isnt possible about 70% of the time due to that insane reach being farther.

Still, good thread! I'd love to see some changes to how the Terminator and Hunters play, because like you said, it is very mutant sided.
  • +1 on the achievements and nerfing the terminator. I would like to see the parasite bomb have a increased cool down time after each use. Most terminators just stay in one spot and spam that bomb the entire round.
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    Sounds pretty reasonable.

The ability of getting thrown a bone in terms of MAYBE not getting mutated sounds pretty great, although perhaps the way it is now is supposed to encourage teamwork.

I can agree on the Range, remember when I told you that I'd execute you?

I'm staying neutral on the Devil Terminator Buff, it's not that she's too weak, but that the Devil Terminator is pretty much able to steamroll through everything if he remotely knows what he's doing, I agree with your proposed nerfs.

I agree on the Soul Stone Limit removal as well. HMX Games take quite some time, and people should be able to be eligible to gather Points the whole way through.

Overall, quite the "SUPER SUPREME" suggestion, as you've called it.

+1

Yup, I remember. Laughed so much. Didn't even have a chance to breath and BAAAAAAAAM, I was dead.

Thanks for the +1's, guys.
  • I think the devil hunter should be buffed anyways, but I don't think anything is wrong with the current HMX. I personally like that the grenade forces you to work as a team and "cleanse" your teamates once they are hit. I would like the grenade to have more of a cooldown so that it can't be spammed too much. But honestly with all the MM/VIP guns, TMP with VIP-Thompson stacks, KAC with VIP-RPK stacks almost always the soldiers can camp an area and endlessly spray down mutants like its nobody's business. Having a map that favors the mutants is a nice change of pace.
  • iAnarchy wrote: »
    I think the devil hunter should be buffed anyways, but I don't think anything is wrong with the current HMX. I personally like that the grenade forces you to work as a team and "cleanse" your teamates once they are hit. I would like the grenade to have more of a cooldown so that it can't be spammed too much. But honestly with all the MM/VIP guns, TMP with VIP-Thompson stacks, KAC with VIP-RPK stacks almost always the soldiers can camp an area and endlessly spray down mutants like its nobody's business. Having a map that favors the mutants is a nice change of pace.

Ehhh, team mate is not a thing you get in this game, and you know that. I've had 3 kids looking at me dropping their weapons and crouching while I was shooting 5 mutants coming our way. And I've stared at many of them waiting for them to shoot me and they don't. So that is why the Devil Terminator should be nerfed, and having those achievements could help.