Show Match Progress in Lobby

Aren't you sick of joining SnD rooms only to find out that it has 1 round left, or even OVER for that matter?

Or, the TDM rooms that have 59 seconds left?

Me too!

I was thinking about this idea for a while and I'm finally posting it, because I don't know about you, but I like to play for atleast half the match.

In this case, wouldn't it be useful to show in-game progress while viewing the match from the lobby?

NOTE: It will not show each team's score as that would just cause people to join the winning side. Rather, it will show either "Under Halfway", "Around Halfway", or "Over Halfway" in a little section labeled "Progress".

"Under Halfway" will be programmed to display if under 40% or less of the TOTAL rounds/Kills is complete. For example, a 13 Rounds SnD (total of 25 rounds) will be "Under Halfway" if a total of 10 rounds have been completed. Now, I understand that one side could be 10-0 and that could be considered over halfway in a non-technical sense, but those matches don't happen too often so it won't be a problem.

Likewise, a SnD with 13 rounds (25 total rounds) at "Over Halfway" will be 75% or more completed, which is around 19 rounds. This couldd be, say, GR 9, BL 10.

And you get the point. Same thing goes for TDM and FFA. Maybe even with FFA it could display the time left if time is used.

EDIT: "Ending" Could be used when 90% or more of the match has been completed.

What do you guys think?

Comments