Bullet to trigger grenades

Not sure if this is already in the game, if it is, then damn, I've never been able to do it.... But basically, I'd like it if grenades could go off midair if a person somehow manages to clip it with a bullet before it lands. I mean, realistically, if some sharpshooter threw a grenade in the air, nicked it with a sniper, the grenade would go off at the point of contact.

I think this would add a whole new level of strategy, especially if the point in time when a flash/smoke grenade could go off could be altered.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Hardly someone will be able to shoot it but yeah it would be a good idea
    Not bad ...
  • Hardly someone will be able to shoot it but yeah it would be a good idea
    Not bad ...

I agree it's going to be hard. But that's why I think it will be fun. Plus, if I do see someone do it successfully, I'll probably ask them for their autograph :P
  • I agree it's going to be hard. But that's why I think it will be fun. Plus, if I do see someone do it successfully, I'll probably ask them for their autograph :P

~Zykooooo

You welcome.

But yeah, would be nice to have it. Issa +1 from me.
  • would certainly be interesting...but i'd advise to make it a game room option that the host can turn on/off personally. Main reason being...while as rare as you'd think...it'll still happen relatively often in TDMs (so much spray...so so much spray) and the what not. That could alter the flow of the game and some people may not like it at all. Though...I kinda doubt it'd ever get added to be honest...at least not across the board...

Now...something that I could see being more likely to happen...is for a grenade set that has a custom setting that allows you to adjust the 'timer' or even set it to an 'impact' and MAYBE even a 'proximity' for it's detonation ( I don't suggest the proximity...it'd be too game altering as much fun as it would be...). OR a special weapon for ZMs which could shoot a slow moving energy ball or explosive which you could then shoot for an extra big bang.

but another thought...if the bullet to grenade thing were to get added....it would be cool if someone is running around with it in their hand...if it would have a grenade hitbox that you could shoot and cause them to blow up..... be like a HS but better...
  • iDupree_ wrote: »
    ~Zykooooo

You welcome.

But yeah, would be nice to have it. Issa +1 from me.
    Ohhh, ty :D
    Ixith wrote: »
    but another thought...if the bullet to grenade thing were to get added....it would be cool if someone is running around with it in their hand...if it would have a grenade hitbox that you could shoot and cause them to blow up..... be like a HS but better...

LOL, I've always wanted to shoot that one guy on my team that's running around with a grenade... So, if it gets implemented, I'd like to request that friendly fire be allowed. My team kill number certainly deserves some action. (I'm slightly sad I can no longer teamkill - although we can still team kill in Wave mode, except that that's the one time I don't want friendly fire).
  • Hmm it'd be weird for damages because the grenade would basically have to become whoever shot it's grenade. I think it'd be fun to be able to shoot someone's hand and have their nade explode on them, but then at the same time it'd be really annoying for there to be another one hit kill area for noobs to get a lucky shot on. Gonna -1 because I think its more trouble than its worth.
  • iAnarchy wrote: »
    Hmm it'd be weird for damages because the grenade would basically have to become whoever shot it's grenade. I think it'd be fun to be able to shoot someone's hand and have their nade explode on them, but then at the same time it'd be really annoying for there to be another one hit kill area for noobs to get a lucky shot on. Gonna -1 because I think its more trouble than its worth.

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not too hung up on who gets the credit. To me it's a nonissue, because it's ultimately the teamwork that's important. I'm sure I'll yell "KS" once or twice but if it helps us win the round, then so be it :P

Also, if you have a grenade out when they're in your face or if you have a grenade out as you're traversing through the map... That's kind of your fault. If they get you in that split second you have your grenade out, then on that rare occasion they indeed have Mr. Luck to thank (or they're just pro).

P.S. I'm not very hopeful this will get added (this is definitely a developer decision, but not just at the CFNA level, but probably at the highest level), but in the case it does get implemented, doesn't hurt to post... 0.0
  • Ohhh, ty :D

LOL, I've always wanted to shoot that one guy on my team that's running around with a grenade...

How dare you refer to me as "that one guy".
    Good idea tho +1.
  • It's weird cause the last game I could rememeber having a feature that was kinda like this was GTA San Andreas... I can't really think of any FPS game with this but I couldn't see it being that bad. I guess this would make more people be aware of when to throw a grenade since if it's wide in the open it can easily be shot and cause damage towards you and others around you. But my only fear is the ability to shoot it in mid air, I have pretty good accuracy and shooting an nade out of the air wouldn't be much of an challenge since if the grenade is being thrown at a arch angle it has enough air time to be shot at with ease and even with direct throws it's doesn't take much but an AK Spray to take down any grenades coming your way if you can control it at least.

I'm all down for the ability to shoot an grenade if it's in someone's hand ( just make the hitbox small enough that the likelihood of you shooting the grenade is low because of the full hand so you would need to be a good face to face distance )

but noooo on the ability to shoot it in midair, it's just a bit too easy but who knows they could make the hitbox super duper small.
  • Yea I think the idea is good. Would be fun! +1
  • hmm very nice +1 but because the game is 16 tick or maybe lower/highter i think it would be so so hard
  • +1 this would be really awesome, but it think that coding this will be a real pain..