Chroma Weapons

So...we have the Razer weapons...and lots of people are starting to finish that collection and starting to pile up duplicates (and some people who haven't finished the collection are also starting to pile up duplicates...) so why not create a 2nd Razer set? I'm sure that would require the Devs to talk to Razer and get the okay on it....but to try to get that to happen...I figured I'd try to spark an idea on it...

Razer Chroma

The idea comes from the fact that many of Razer's devices have 'Chroma Lighting' on them. This lighting adds a nice visual effect to their devices but more importantly to this suggestion...it can be edited to be what you want. So the idea is simple...we have a new set of weapons (preferably a Primary, Secondary, and Melee) All 3 of which would have the option, like the M4 Prism, to change the color of a section on the weapon. Now my thoughts were that these weapons would all be mostly black and dark grey but would have a very visible Razer logo on them which is where the color options would effect the weapons. The Razer Logo by default would be the Razer Green color but could be switched to any color available on the chart.
OR the Razer Logo, if possible, could cycle through the spectrum on it's own and have an option to turn off and on the 'Spectrum cycling'. When turned off the Razer Logo should be the Razer green in this case.

If I had better photoshop skills I'd create an example of what I mean...however...I don't....so unless there's a kind soul out there, you'll just have to use your Imagination

Comments

• I like this idea but....

"Easier said than done"
    I doubt the developers know how to do these, and even if they did, it'd take up a lot of money.
    Anyway good idea, but hard to execute. I mean most of our weapons in CF are taken straight from other CF versions, we barely have anything that's only in our server and no where else.
  • ghoster1 wrote: »
    I like this idea but....

"Easier said than done"
    I doubt the developers know how to do these, and even if they did, it'd take up a lot of money.
    Anyway good idea, but hard to execute. I mean most of our weapons in CF are taken straight from other CF versions, we barely have anything that's only in our server and no where else.

that's kinda what I thought. The Devs should certainly be able to make the weapons though as if they can't do the cycling effect on the colors...they could just set it up the way the M4 Prism is set where we just choose the color we want it to be.

The hardest part would arguably be talking with Razer and getting the okay to do it. But...even if Razer says no...they could always add the idea to their own weapons without the Razer logo. I just thought the idea fit well with the Razer stuff (cause of the Razer Chroma effects on their stuff) AND it could potentially open up a 2nd Razer crate option for the Razer promotional that way we're not always getting the same old razer crate time and time again.
  • Please... Please, PLEASE!

Just let me enjoy the perks of my VIP for a while! Let me be exclusive for ONCE, for I bought this Prism m4 just to change its colors as often as I want and no one else can, unless they buy Prism like I did!

I know it's an awesome perk to have a color-changing weapon, that's why I bought it! If you want a weapon that changes colors why can't you just buy the last m4 VIP like I did? Why do you have creep on the perks of the VIP that I had to pay for to have?! And on top of that ask for those perks to be handed out like candy on a full set of weapons!! Outrageous
  • nelson28 wrote: »
    Please... Please, PLEASE!

Just let me enjoy the perks of my VIP for a while! Let me be exclusive for ONCE, for I bought this Prism m4 just to change its colors as often as I want and no one else can, unless they buy Prism like I did!

I know it's an awesome perk to have a color-changing weapon, that's why I bought it! If you want a weapon that changes colors why can't you just buy the last m4 VIP like I did? Why do you have creep on the perks of the VIP that I had to pay for to have?! And on top of that ask for those perks to be handed out like candy on a full set of weapons!! Outrageous

Okay first off
    -I own the M4 Prism
    -This is different in the respect that while the M4 Prism allows you to change the color to MOST aspects of the gun these would only be a logo symbol on them. (and it was being used as an example of how something like this could go ultimately as a 2nd option if the spectrum cycling isn't possible and the spectrum cycling would be an animation most likely and not a select-able color)
    -Asking for 3 weapons to have a small spot that changes color isn't asking for them to be given out like candy. Especially since technically, if they do it through Razer, then it'd (likely) become a rare crate only available from buying ZP through zVault option.

I get it...you want to be exclusive but you have a (nearly) fully customizable over powered rifle with other perks like inspecting it. this would have a small logo/emblem on it that changes color. that's it. And the main skin of which...will probably soon be a available as a Noble Gold version in just a matter of time.

And that's without getting into what has been seen on another version of CF....

so...in other words the exclusiveness isn't going to last anyways...why hold up the process of potentially getting other interesting weapons in the game? And that's IF they even decide to do this it'd likely be MONTHS before it's available...just look at the Show Your Skin weapons... so your 'exclusiveness' with the m4 prism is going to last for quite a while anyways.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    Okay first off
    -I own the M4 Prism
    -This is different in the respect that while the M4 Prism allows you to change the color to MOST aspects of the gun these would only be a logo symbol on them. (and it was being used as an example of how something like this could go ultimately as a 2nd option if the spectrum cycling isn't possible and the spectrum cycling would be an animation most likely and not a select-able color)
    -Asking for 3 weapons to have a small spot that changes color isn't asking for them to be given out like candy. Especially since technically, if they do it through Razer, then it'd (likely) become a rare crate only available from buying ZP through zVault option.

I get it...you want to be exclusive but you have a (nearly) fully customizable over powered rifle with other perks like inspecting it. this would have a small logo/emblem on it that changes color. that's it. And the main skin of which...will probably soon be a available as a Noble Gold version in just a matter of time.

And that's without getting into what has been seen on another version of CF....

so...in other words the exclusiveness isn't going to last anyways...why hold up the process of potentially getting other interesting weapons in the game? And that's IF they even decide to do this it'd likely be MONTHS before it's available...just look at the Show Your Skin weapons... so your 'exclusiveness' with the m4 prism is going to last for quite a while anyways.

If it's just a logo, then I wouldn't mind about it. You are right, I overreacted sorry about that.

Don't really care for Noble skins, barely a few Noble reskins are good looking imo.

I know what you are talking about, that point also grinds my gears but I'm hoping I get to be color-exclusive for little longer at least...

I know exclusivity doesn't last long in this game but I mean, the gun came out a month ago! Can't you at least pay some respect to early buyers for a while? Jeez... And I don't think stepping on recent buyers by giving away their exclusive perks is a good idea, that would discourage them from being the first on buying again... Just saying.