Blind Animation

Knowing that the game has added Emotes Animations and the Kicking Animation, why can't we have an animation to tell if someone is blind from a flashbang.

Easily just showing the character that is blind raise one of his hands on to his/her face this wouldn't effect the player in any way other than them being blind but it is just better knowledge if your flashbang actually affected anyone in the radius.

Other games have this and it's completely fair. The only thing that would need to be corrected is that it would need an serious blind effect for the character to do the animation so if it's a short white screen ( Like when you flashbang and turn around before it goes off you'll get a small white screen but nothing that lasts a second and it's weak ) then the character blinded won't pull the animation off.

Comments

• i'd be fine with a visual cue that indicates flashed status. However, the biggest problem here is that it's not as simple as it'd seem. I would say the kick is designed specifically for the character models of the VIPs but there is a kick in some ZM maps (though I don't think it's quite the same animation) and the emotes part is probably very restricted to the character model of trixty. So to add this flashbang effect to be visible for other players, it'd likely be something that has to be implemented on every already existing character model. Still possible but a lot of time/work load to do. Then there's also the aspect of game mechanics now still allow you to fire/attack while flashed as if your hands are were they need to be....so it'd be a little odd aimlessly blasting an MG with only one arm holding the gun and another being held up to your eyes.

that being said i'd be fine with it. Another option for the blinded status could be an animation through the form of an icon. Similar to the burning shot's burning grenade effect with the flame icon that appears above NPCs heads. This form wouldn't be attached to individual characters so character things wouldn't need editing. However, the down side here, is they'd have to code it so that this animation icon is hidden behind walls so as to not give away a character's position when they duck and cover behind a walls or something after being flashed.

All in all i think it'd be cool to add something like this....but don't see it happening at least not anytime soon and don't really think it's necessary either.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    i'd be fine with a visual cue that indicates flashed status. However, the biggest problem here is that it's not as simple as it'd seem. I would say the kick is designed specifically for the character models of the VIPs but there is a kick in some ZM maps (though I don't think it's quite the same animation) and the emotes part is probably very restricted to the character model of trixty. So to add this flashbang effect to be visible for other players, it'd likely be something that has to be implemented on every already existing character model. Still possible but a lot of time/work load to do. Then there's also the aspect of game mechanics now still allow you to fire/attack while flashed as if your hands are were they need to be....so it'd be a little odd aimlessly blasting an MG with only one arm holding the gun and another being held up to your eyes.

that being said i'd be fine with it. Another option for the blinded status could be an animation through the form of an icon. Similar to the burning shot's burning grenade effect with the flame icon that appears above NPCs heads. This form wouldn't be attached to individual characters so character things wouldn't need editing. However, the down side here, is they'd have to code it so that this animation icon is hidden behind walls so as to not give away a character's position when they duck and cover behind a walls or something after being flashed.

All in all i think it'd be cool to add something like this....but don't see it happening at least not anytime soon and don't really think it's necessary either.

An Icon would pretty much make flashes overpowered, no one could pretend to be flashed by the flashbang or being able to hide since the Icon would tell others if you were flashed meaning you're pretty much on everyone radar. The animation would allow you to hide still and at a distance you wouldn't tell if the flashbang did bang the person ( unless you got super vision ) so it still keeps the balance of not just randomly throwing a flashbang up in the air and then Icons appear on everyone that was hit by it.

Other games use this kind of animation unless they have an Hitmarker Feature that would just tell you if the flashbang hit by poping it up on your screen. The person that was blinded would have the animation of one of their hands going towards their but still have one hand holding the gun on the trigger, but for the player they still have both hands on the gun and have no issue firing it's not like they actually have their hand away from the gun it's more of an visual thing. I've never played a game with this animation and felt like it was an issue seeing someone with having one hand away from the gun it's just telling me they are flashed but they can still shoot just not able to see clearly.

I feel it's necessary since there is NO way to know if someone is flashed. I can throw an flashbang and have to pray that someone was blinded by it since I can't tell if it worked or not.
  • -1 Imo its part of the game to learn and know how to throw a flashbang and to know when someone is flashed.
  • nGhost wrote: »
    -1 Imo its part of the game to learn and know how to throw a flashbang and to know when someone is flashed.

How am I supposed to know that the flash worked tho? If all I know they could be just really bad at playing that it looks like they are blind.
  • How am I supposed to know that the flash worked tho? If all I know they could be just really bad at playing that it looks like they are blind.

By making sure you throw correctly lol.
  • nGhost wrote: »
    -1 Imo its part of the game to learn and know how to throw a flashbang and to know when someone is flashed.

Basically.
  • +1

Other worldwide competitive games show Blind animations so you know if a flashbang worked or not. Also, saying things like 'You need to learn to know when they are blinded' are out of the question if you can't visually confirm their status.

I'd like to see this pull through but I doubt they'll make it happen; in the reload animation the clip is never actually replaced, it's all fake motion lmao