Assists counting as Kills

Heya, allow me to put forward a little suggestion.

Frankly, there is nothing enjoyable about your Kills being stolen, so I'd like to suggest that kills in which you had more than 80% (Could even be 90%, if need be) Kill Participation, that Assist would still count as a Kill.

For the one who gave the killing blow, everything should remain the same, he'll still get the kill, as normal.

Yay or Nay, folks. Name it.

Comments

• But all fps games have the same rules about kills ......
    last shot=kill !
  • But all fps games have the same rules about kills ......
    last shot=kill !

Right off the top of my head, I do recall some entries to the Call of Duty and Battlefield Series that have such a feature.

So no, not every FPS does play by the same rules in that regard.

And mind you, the one that does the last shot on an enemy still is supposed to be rewarded with a kill, like usual.
  • M1600wner wrote: »

And mind you, the one that does the last shot on an enemy still is supposed to be rewarded with a kill, like usual.

Then +1 :)
  • I believe in the battlefield games it's called simply "Assist counts as kill". Yeah I wouldn't mind that, though you'd have to make sure it didn't count as a kill in TD/FFA in terms of points. +1

Kills are earned not given
    If you can't kill the guy in time before your team mate gets the kill, sucks to suck. Get better :)
  • Imtoonie wrote: »

If you can't kill the guy in time before your team mate gets the kill, sucks to suck. Get better :)

A valid perspective. However, sometimes, it is outright impossible to not get an assist under certain circumstances.

You and your fellow teammates move up and you fire a bullet which happens to connect, however, it makes that dreaded "bonk" sound, indicative of a bulletproof helmet. (Which are pretty damn common nowadays, I might add.)
    And by the time you get your second shot off, your Team mates are already unleashing lead into said mark of yours which happens to keel over and die after being hit by a single stray bullet.

While one could argue that this is what AKs are for, to me, I'm not much of an AK Guy, and it does tend to happen quite often when I do not play with guns which have a guaranteed 1 Shot Kill to Armored Heads.
  • I kinda agree like doesn't Battlefield do the same exact thing? But I just think it nice enough that the game even added assists and then you got to think about is it really your kill if you died in the 1v1 encounter and someone else had to finish the job for you like sure you helped by decreasing their health to a point that the next encounter is going to be harder for them but still the person who finish the kill has a chance of losing even against someone with 1hp. Maybe if you are still alive and you got someone around 100 to 20 and someone else finishes it then sure I guess it would work well just giving you both the same kill or even adding some kind of new stat that can be used other than it being added as a full kill.
  • Imtoonie wrote: »

There's nothing you can do to "Get better" if a team mate steals your kill. Say you fire off 3 shots and do -99 damage to an enemy, and before your 4th shot fires, your team mate hits them.
    How would you "Get better" there? You could play completely flawlessly but still not get the kill because of your team mate.
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    A valid perspective. However, sometimes, it is outright impossible to not get an assist under certain circumstances.

You and your fellow teammates move up and you fire a bullet which happens to connect, however, it makes that dreaded "bonk" sound, indicative of a bulletproof helmet. (Which are pretty damn common nowadays, I might add.)
    And by the time you get your second shot off, your Team mates are already unleashing lead into said mark of yours which happens to keel over and die after being hit by a single stray bullet.

While one could argue that this is what AKs are for, to me, I'm not much of an AK Guy, and it does tend to happen quite often when I do not play with guns which have a guaranteed 1 Shot Kill to Armored Heads.

Too lazy to read passed the first sentence ;p
    The assist category is its own category (...) you assisted in getting the kill, you didn't and shouldn't get the kill (bc you didn't freaking kill him/her)

There's nothing you can do to "Get better" if a team mate steals your kill. Say you fire off 3 shots and do -99 damage to an enemy, and before your 4th shot fires, your team mate hits them.
    How would you "Get better" there? You could play completely flawlessly but still not get the kill because of your team mate.
    Don't shoot 3 bullets, headshot him
    Be in a better position than your team mate to get the kill
    If someone is legit on your sack and they got the kill before you, they had better timing and positioning than you at that time
    if you don't kill them, it's not your kill. simple as that.
    if you don't kill them, it's not your kill. simple as that.

+1111111
    Makes no sense. 1 body = 1 death. It is like telling that guy deserves two deaths.

The whole score count kdr will go for a toss if this is implemented.

Note before there was nothing known as assists in this game. They just added it probably for a exp factor or a feel good motive.

~Void
  • Can't we just add "assists" to the profile haha? :)