Crossfire 1.0 vs Crossfire 2.0 [UI]

I'm making a suggestion to make two UIs given the players the choice to choose which one they like.

In my opinion, the CF 1.0 UI was way more appealing and vibrant than the current and it had more colors which looked really good overall.
The current one looks stale and dark with less colors but some people like it. My clan member told me how much he liked the old UI which made me think I'm not the only one after all :P

Below are the screenshots of the old CF

Crossfire20150813_0002.jpg
Crossfire20150821_0000.jpg
Crossfire20150927_0000.jpg

these bring back so much memories lmao but you can see how more appealing it looks than the current UI.
What do you guys think?

EDIT: I'm not saying the UI change made everybody quit :P but look at how full NA 1 was and most of them were actually from NA with < 100 ping unlike today.

Comments

• Yes I agree the following should be optional in setting.

Rep System On and Off.
    • GUI 2.0 or 1.0 setting.
    • Freeze Rank on 5 stars Marshal Gold.

You can freeze the Rank on Marshal by simply turning Rep System off in setting if you don't like Rep Red Ranks. As for GUI setting it would help older computers.
  • I wouldn't mind having the option between different UI themes, one of which being the 1.0 theme. However, I believe the problem with directly porting the old UI theme is that it's missing some functionality that the new UI supports. A quick example IIRC would be the whisper chat log. But regardless it shouldn't be THAT hard to bring the old UI up to date without destroying it's style and the nostalgic feel. It'd also be pretty sweet if they made BL and GR themed UIs as well. and maybe some others like a Zombie theme and what not.

Maybe if we can get a fair few people to agree here...Z8 can forward idea to Devs and maybe they can plant the idea with players of other versions and see if it's truly worth doing. I'd imagine it would be though. But ultimately it just adds one more element that COULD go wrong and cause errors too....but we can hope it would be something implemented flawlessly if it were to get implemented...
  • As Ixith said, if they can find a way to implement it right, I'd totally vouch for having this option in the game. The old UI was really cool. I hope more people would support this idea!
  • Yes I agree the following should be optional in setting.

Rep System On and Off.
    • GUI 2.0 or 1.0 setting.
    • Freeze Rank on 5 stars Marshal Gold.

You can freeze the Rank on Marshal by simply turning Rep System off in setting if you don't like Rep Red Ranks. As for GUI setting it would help older computers.
    That would be ideal because I know many people who dislike the red ranks :s It would be cool if we could restart our ranks all over again once we reach Marshall if the devs decide to keep the rep system.
    Ixith wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind having the option between different UI themes, one of which being the 1.0 theme. However, I believe the problem with directly porting the old UI theme is that it's missing some functionality that the new UI supports. A quick example IIRC would be the whisper chat log. But regardless it shouldn't be THAT hard to bring the old UI up to date without destroying it's style and the nostalgic feel. It'd also be pretty sweet if they made BL and GR themed UIs as well. and maybe some others like a Zombie theme and what not.

Maybe if we can get a fair few people to agree here...Z8 can forward idea to Devs and maybe they can plant the idea with players of other versions and see if it's truly worth doing. I'd imagine it would be though. But ultimately it just adds one more element that COULD go wrong and cause errors too....but we can hope it would be something implemented flawlessly if it were to get implemented...
    If they plan on implementing this feature I'm sure they would give it an update and still give it that 1.0 look. Let's hope they take this in consideration first :P
    As Ixith said, if they can find a way to implement it right, I'd totally vouch for having this option in the game. The old UI was really cool. I hope more people would support this idea!
    I know right! Me too.
  • +1 For the old ranks. Other than that, I'm ok with CF 2.0
  • Leave the current UI theme on (color and design wise since it looks better imo) but bring back the features the new UI got rid of from the old one. Also the red ranks thingy wont happen since theres ranks over the red ones lol. And how exactly can a GUI with a few effects on the background slow your computer that much that it needs to go? Besides it doesnt affect the ingame FPS does it?..

(I replied to the whole thread not just OP's)
  • I don't believe this is possible or will be considered in the near future. The general plan is to unify the UI for all regions and development resources might not be spared to implement this unfortunately
  • [GM]Grumpy wrote: »
    I don't believe this is possible or will be considered in the near future. The general plan is to unify the UI for all regions and development resources might not be spared to implement this unfortunately

That's very unfortunate. This UI was way better in my eyes. Thanks for the update, however.