Increase the amount of hack reports we can send per day

I've come across 7 hackers in the last 24 hours, and I've reported them.
The only issue is, after I sent 5 reports, there was a red message that came up telling me that I've submitted 5 in 24 hours, and I have to wait.
I had to use an alt account just to get my reports send, otherwise I would forget, and they would still be running around hacking and ruining peoples fun.

Could this limit be increased? I don't wish to either forget to report someone or be forced to login to another account just to get rid of these cheaters.

Edit: Make that 13 hackers... :(
Edit: I've now had to use 3 different accounts just to report hackers from today :/

Comments

• Sad, we've got to this point already, in which we surpass the limit of reports we send in a day. =/
    I'm assuming people was already doing what you are doing now (using alts for sending reports) since forever (and probably this was also a thing in the past). But I get your point, and I agree that we need to extend the limit (to 15 would be okay IMO) already.

~
  • i'm just asking if that IP banning will take place soon or not
    most of hackers are former hackers if we ban there IPs i think that will decrease there numbers so fast
  • gomhoria wrote: »
    i'm just asking if that IP banning will take place soon or not
    most of hackers are former hackers if we ban there IPs i think that will decrease there numbers so fast

Banning IPs won't help with the hacking situation, it's ridiculously easy to change your IP.
    The only solution is to change/update the anticheat.
    I agree that the maximum number of reports should be increased.
  • Just as an update, I have now reported 17 people over the course of 2 days.

With the amount of hackers playing right now you will probably hit 100 reports in a week.
    I've given up reporting low ranks,since they are completely expendable.
    Yesterday I played a HMX game with 4-5 (stopped counting at 4) hackers, all below 2nd lt rank.
  • Its sad how bad hacking has gotten. The fact that most of the hackers are all very new accounts, they're showing us that sending in reports is like fighting an uphill battle at night when its storming out. Its pretty useless to do at this point. No matter how many reports we send in, its making zero difference. Something has to be done about the anti-hacking software at its core. That, or somehow give the hacking accounts penalties in-game to render them pretty much useless, like dealing 0 dmg or something funny.

"Thanks for your Support - I too have about (70) Reports to Send, but I get so many Hackers a day; I don't have time to send them!"
  • I've come across 7 hackers in the last 24 hours, and I've reported them.
    The only issue is, after I sent 5 reports, there was a red message that came up telling me that I've submitted 5 in 24 hours, and I have to wait.
    I had to use an alt account just to get my reports send, otherwise I would forget, and they would still be running around hacking and ruining peoples fun.

Could this limit be increased? I don't wish to either forget to report someone or be forced to login to another account just to get rid of these cheaters.

Edit: Make that 13 hackers... :(
    Edit: I've now had to use 3 different accounts just to report hackers from today :/

"I believe if Crossfire would (Implement) an "Automatic Report System" that will allow 'Us' to (Send Reports) straight from the Game --- on the Spot to Support! This would give the Mods time to go to the Room; "Witness for themselves." I know this may sound High-Tech for CF; it's an idea. Please "Help" and pass it along!"

(IGN) piST[o]TSiq - Col 7th class
  • ILLNews wrote: »
    I believe Crossfire should implement an automatic report system that allows us to send reports straight from the game on the spot to support! This would give the mods time to go to the room and witness it for themselves. I know this may sound High-Tech for CF; it's an idea. Please help and pass it along!

While an in-game report system would be a good idea, there simply wouldn't be enough staff or time to do that. There would be so many people being reported and the staff would have to drop whatever they're doing to go watch this person hacking, and there would also be a time limit. If the hacker leaves the room, or the game ends, then they can't witness the hacking. That's why replay files are much better. They can be saved and it doesn't matter if they don't have time to look at it for days, it will still be there.
    ILLNews wrote: »
    "Thanks for your Support - I too have about (70) Reports to Send, but I get so many Hackers a day; I don't have time to send them!"

As for this, I gladly take time out of my own day just to report hackers. I want this game to survive, and I want it to be hack-free. The only way I can see any progress is to report them and see them get banned. If I want to do something about hackers, I can't just sit back and wait for an anti-cheat update. I have to report people.