A limit for ZP wins?

My friend SMT.HellCat, the past few days won 8 WA2000 and 7 Vektors, no FAMAS yet...
Like surely there's a limit to how many of the same gun you can win, all I'm saying is, there's gotta be some pity lol, just give the guy the gun already =.=.
Sure you can say its luck an' all, but there should at the very least be some regulation.

Comments

• Do give him my condolences, I'd probably be devastated if I happened to get 8 and 7 of one thing, and 0 of the other.

But, Stuff like the chance of getting duplicates is also a large margin of the profits when it comes to ZP Crates. I'd imagine Smilegate wouldn't want to give that up.

He ought to be prepared that there is always the chance that he simply will not obtain that what he wants after so and so many crates.
  • Yeah but all I'm saying is after like 7 guns of each, there should at least be a limiter, there aren't even enough bags for that...
    I'm just saying it'd be fair...
  • ghoster1 wrote: »
    Yeah but all I'm saying is after like 7 guns of each, there should at least be a limiter, there aren't even enough bags for that...
    I'm just saying it'd be fair...

Well, wasn't there a limit already implemented?

I was of the assumption that after the 7-8th Gun, if you win the same gun again, it simply will not give it to you, saying something like "Weapon amount reached" or something along those lines.
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    Well, wasn't there a limit already implemented?

I was of the assumption that after the 7-8th Gun, if you win the same gun again, it simply will not give it to you, saying something like "Weapon amount reached" or something along those lines.

Well I can assure you he has 8.
    Well I can assure you he has 8.

Sounds like they got rid of it and I never noticed.

It would be pretty neat if you could exchange like 4 Duplicates of a crate into a gun of your choice from the same crate.
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    Sounds like they got rid of it and I never noticed.

It would be pretty neat if you could exchange like 4 Duplicates of a crate into a gun of your choice from the same crate.

+1 to that idea.
  • A limit on winning the same gun over and over would be nice.

I haven't spent that many ZP as HellCat and I haven't won 7-8 ZP weapons in a row (that's messed up luck!) but I'd definitely support this idea as I've won 2 AWM UG trying to get those karambits UG and it's not pleasant at all either having repeated guns in your storage nor winning guns you don't want hoping to get the other available ones you actually desire.

I know this is how BM works but can't they give players a break? Maybe rotating the winning weapons if already won one of them, like if there are 3 weapons on a crate and you already won weapon A, them the next weapon to be won (if won) would be either weapon B or C. I don't know if everyone would like this idea but I would support it just be seing poor HellCat's case xD
  • I've won 50353 days of Skull spray. Can I have the Cop UGS :) ? Thanx GMs.
  • I mean, I guess I kinda get both sides here...as a player it's really really annoying to win the same weapon 2,3,4+ times before winning the other weapons in the crate. Yet on Z8's side...if there's one weapon that's really favorable and another one that's just meh...and the meh one gets won then the player who won it might think since they won the one they didn't want they should keep spinning cause they have a chance at winning the one they do want. thus spending more...

but perhaps...we can do the players a favor all the while still keeping that element? (assuming of course that a trading element won't be coming into the game which would make winning duplicates not as bad since players could then trade them off...) Perhaps a solution could be that once you win Weapon A your chances of winning Weapon A go down and chances of winning Weapon B (and other's if 3 or 4 weapon crate) go up proportionately. Thus it SHOULD lower the chance of winning a duplicate before winning the other weapons by a bit but the chance is still there of course, meanwhile your overall chance of winning the crate should remain the same just changes which weapon is more likely to be won on the off chance you do win. This process would also repeat itself until all weapons have been won.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    I mean, I guess I kinda get both sides here...as a player it's really really annoying to win the same weapon 2,3,4+ times before winning the other weapons in the crate. Yet on Z8's side...if there's one weapon that's really favorable and another one that's just meh...and the meh one gets won then the player who won it might think since they won the one they didn't want they should keep spinning cause they have a chance at winning the one they do want. thus spending more...

but perhaps...we can do the players a favor all the while still keeping that element? (assuming of course that a trading element won't be coming into the game which would make winning duplicates not as bad since players could then trade them off...) Perhaps a solution could be that once you win Weapon A your chances of winning Weapon A go down and chances of winning Weapon B (and other's if 3 or 4 weapon crate) go up proportionately. Thus it SHOULD lower the chance of winning a duplicate before winning the other weapons by a bit but the chance is still there of course, meanwhile your overall chance of winning the crate should remain the same just changes which weapon is more likely to be won on the off chance you do win. This process would also repeat itself until all weapons have been won.

Great idea man. I'd totally support this, even though GM's may not xD
    My friend SMT.HellCat, the past few days won 8 WA2000 and 7 Vektors, no FAMAS yet...
    Like surely there's a limit to how many of the same gun you can win, all I'm saying is, there's gotta be some pity lol, just give the guy the gun already =.=.
    Sure you can say its luck an' all, but there should at the very least be some regulation.

He won the Famas with 30k zp after makin the thread lol.
  • Did he actually end up winning or not?

@Ixith: Interesting suggestion! To be honest, I am not sure if this is technically possible with CrossFire, however it is something that we can look into if it is.
  • [GM]Grumpy wrote: »
    Did he actually end up winning or not?

@Ixith: Interesting suggestion! To be honest, I am not sure if this is technically possible with CrossFire, however it is something that we can look into if it is.

Yup he won after 2.2k usd