Ingame Report System

Currently, I am only reporting players who have VIPs or any other ZP weapons. I don't report random accounts because they can just create and account in 1 minute while it took me 10~20 minutes watching the report and alt+tabing between the Website and Ingame (oh yeah, sometimes alt+tab does not work, need to alt+tab as soon as I open the replay to be able to do it again after).

So here is my suggestion:

While watching the replay, it could have buttons that say "Report" so that we can report the player that is cheating.

dzYe7NN.png

After clicking the "Report" button that is in front of the player that is cheating, this window pops up:

O7VujBN.png

When clicking it, the IGN of the hacker/glitcher would auto-fill. The others become easy because you can still see the rounds and time on the replay when you have the window open.

Obviously, so that people don't abuse this, there should be some rules:

- Can only report 5 people per day. So that people don't spam reports.

- After you successfully report someone, the replay should close and put you back in lobby. This would help prevent people from spamming it, if there are 2 hackers in the same replay, just reopen it and report that second player.

- Ban players who spam with fake reports. If they keep reporting people who donnot hack, they should get banned for wasting the Staff's time.

I hope I don't get in trouble for having those IGNs showing up. Nobody in that match was cheating, I was just randomly saved that replay.

If you have ideas that would make this better, please feel free to reply saying it. :)

Comments

• +1 would work and make the game better by reporting cheaters faster.

I have heard so many people who are saying they will report a cheater but sadly they do not do it. =[ Having it ingame would as I said make it faster and more reports would happen.

PogChamp
  • I agree with mostly with your idea regarding a in-game report system expect from the fact that it will most likely get abused and players will falsely report someone just becase they are better than them. Heck, some players can't even tell between an good player and hacker at times.

I think the main problem here is that it takes 2 weeks or more for Support to ban those hackers. This time period needs to be changed and banning the hackers process needs to be speeded up. One thing they can do to solve this problem is by increasing the staff members at Z8Games. Another could be to have system such as "High Court" where regular trusted members can flag a hacker, after a certain amount of flags within a day, the player gets banned.
  • abel95 wrote: »
    I agree with mostly with your idea regarding a in-game report system expect from the fact that it will most likely get abused and players will falsely report someone just becase they are better than them. Heck, some players can't even tell between an good player and hacker at times.

That is when that third rule kicks in.
    abel95 wrote: »
    I think the main problem here is that it takes 2 weeks or more for Support to ban those hackers. This time period needs to be changed and banning the hackers process needs to be speeded up. One thing they can do to solve this problem is by increasing the staff members at Z8Games. Another could be to have system such as "High Court" where regular trusted members can flag a hacker, after a certain amount of flags within a day, the player gets banned.

I do agree that they need to speed things up a bit. But still, many people don't feel like reporting hackers with new accounts, this system would save a lot of time, and personally, wouldn't mind reporting hackers with new accounts with this system.
  • I would get reported SO many times in shadow mode... But... If it means more hackers get reported, and it makes it easier for us, then I'm all for it. +1
  • I don't know about perm banning people who give a bunch of false reports. I mean what a way for some poor new player to start off lol. Give some temp bans ? Sure. If we can discourage the bogus reports hackers can get dealt with faster =)
    Making reporting faster and easier would also increase the legit reports.

+1
  • I don't know about perm banning people who give a bunch of false reports. I mean what a way for some poor new player to start off lol. Give some temp bans ? Sure. If we can discourage the bogus reports hackers can get dealt with faster =)
    Making reporting faster and easier would also increase the legit reports.

+1

I think I wasn't clear enough. I meant banned from sending more reports... :P
  • I don't see how this will change the speed in reviewing our reports, this is pretty much the same as online submission. I am not against this as it does save time than going off the game etc but I prefer a method that will speed the process and give each report an allocated time frame to be viewed within 1 week or 2 max or allocated members than can forward report to get it viewed within 5 days etc.

+1

Saves time submitting but not reviewing at the moment.
  • I don't see how this will change the speed in reviewing our reports, this is pretty much the same as online submission. I am not against this as it does save time than going off the game etc but I prefer a method that will speed the process and give each report an allocated time frame to be viewed within 1 week or 2 max or allocated members than can forward report to get it viewed within 5 days etc.

+1

Saves time submitting but not reviewing at the moment.

It will not change the speed on how they view it. That is on their side, cannot suggest something that I know nothing about. But for us players it seems to be better.
  • +1 it's an easy report really there's a good thing that GMs do it :D
    • IGN Ezio
  • iDupree_ wrote: »
    Currently, I am only reporting players who have VIPs or any other ZP weapons. I don't report random accounts because they can just create and account in 1 minute while it took me 10~20 minutes watching the report and alt+tabing between the Website and Ingame (oh yeah, sometimes alt+tab does not work, need to alt+tab as soon as I open the replay to be able to do it again after).

So here is my suggestion:

While watching the replay, it could have buttons that say "Report" so that we can report the player that is cheating.

dzYe7NN.png

After clicking the "Report" button that is in front of the player that is cheating, this window pops up:

O7VujBN.png

When clicking it, the IGN of the hacker/glitcher would auto-fill. The others become easy because you can still see the rounds and time on the replay when you have the window open.

Obviously, so that people don't abuse this, there should be some rules:

- Can only report 5 people per day. So that people don't spam reports.

- After you successfully report someone, the replay should close and put you back in lobby. This would help prevent people from spamming it, if there are 2 hackers in the same replay, just reopen it and report that second player.

- Ban players who spam with fake reports. If they keep reporting people who donnot hack, they should get banned for wasting the Staff's time.

I hope I don't get in trouble for having those IGNs showing up. Nobody in that match was cheating, I was just randomly saved that replay.

If you have ideas that would make this better, please feel free to reply saying it. :)

I agree with you that we need a better report system, but I'll have to say that in the way you put it on that SS, it's gonna be abused a lot.

I would suggest that you place the 'report' option on a menu, right-clicking a player and then proceeding to the report page. That would make a little tougher for egy's and every non-english speaking player to abuse and spam the report system.

Other than that, it's a +1 from me :)