Misleading information when trying to create multiple accounts from the same IP

Disclaimer: I already have an account on your servers since before the IP block, as I'm a European player of your game. ^^

4ecfbeef4df945739454ae0602c19a9c.png

It's quite misleading in that it's telling me something which can't be true. My MAC adress is not shown to your website or game, nobody's MAC adress is shown. The MAC adress never leaves the low level network, and it definitely won't travel between two different subnets. This goes for all games. And thus, hardware limitation or as you call them "machine" limitations, are not possible to hand out. "Machine" indicates something that's more than just the IP, and I think that's the wrong way to go about it.

The worst thing that can happen is that people may go out to buy a new computer or something along those lines, in order to get rid of this message. My argument for why it should be changed to something that's more true: If this is a shield, it doesn't really affect those who it's most likely designed to target, such as spammers and hackers.

I just feel like it is so out of place, and I feel like it potentially has a bigger impact on those who don't know what it means. In general, those who intend to use your service maliciously, don't really use their own IP adress in the first place, and likely has the basic computer knowledge to find out how to bypass this 'error' (if I may call it that), or in certain scenarios, may never see that it even exists.

Best,

Comments

This discussion has been closed.