Real time in-game event trackers

Simple, make real time ingame event trackers for events like the current ' CrossfireGoals ' event.
would be much easier and you'd be sure when you have enough kills instead of doing a game more

Comments

• You've got my blessings.

Thought I had those 500 TDM Kills in the bag, I check the Tracker; 499.

1ou8JaV.png
  • Why not, it's a +1

How reliable it would be? that is another discussion, based on the current tracker issues we face.
  • How reliable it would be? that is another discussion, based on the current tracker issues we face.

I'd assume it works the same as the In-Game Missions and what not.

After a match, it just checks on whether or not you fulfill the Basic Requirements, and if you do, it adds the score/playtime to the tracker in-game instantly.
  • Why not, it's a +1

How reliable it would be? that is another discussion, based on the current tracker issues we face.

if they can track kills made per day, kills made per class ( assault, knife, sniper, etc ) and all that stuff, i doubt it would be that hard of a job to just put kills per mode
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    I'd assume it works the same as the In-Game Missions and what not.[/color]

After a match, it just checks on whether or not you fulfill the Basic Requirements, and if you do, it adds the score/playtime to the tracker in-game instantly.
    Cheezex3 wrote: »
    if they can track kills made per day, kills made per class ( assault, knife, sniper, etc ) and all that stuff, i doubt it would be that hard of a job to just put kills per mode

That is a possibility, sounds simple enough. Surprised we don't have HMX win count as well, soldiers and mutant as some suggested in regards to their ribbon. Either way, I'm for it.
  • +1 from me.
    They could just bring back the tracker for the daily missions and dedicate it to the events,which would be linked to the tracker we have now on the website.
  • +1

This would be a nice improvement to the game. Although I don't really know if its that easy to accomplish.
  • I'll give it a +1 as well as it would certainly be nice to not have to leave and come to the website and check and only see a partial update of what you've done or not be able to because the website's tracker is in the process of updating. I'd imagine an Ingame Event Tracking system would be more realistic for a 100% real time tracking as it's ingame and wouldn't have to pull information from one server to another in large data chunks. I'd imagine the Devs could make a more functional tracker that's coded into the game as well that SHOULD be able to keep track of anything the tracker that Z8 normally sets up if Z8 just tells them everything that they can possibly think they've ever used a tracker for and whatever they think they might use one for in the future.

The Biggest problem I see with this is that the events to be tracked would probably have to be plugged into the game come update time then. So to do an event midway between 1st patch and 2nd patch they'd have to know they're going to do that event before the 1st patch and make sure the devs set it up correctly. It would also mean that should the event tracker not be set up correctly for an event...we'd have to follow the incorrect set up for the event or rather not be able to follow the new ingame tracker for our tracking needs as an update to it if it's ingame would probably mean a maintenance period.
    This would also likely mean a bit of an extra workload on the devs that is traditionally our GMs job (as far as I've been aware of the who does whats for our version of CF anyways) and that might cause issues as well. It would also mean our GMs would have to communicate (clearly) with the devs on the events which means more contact with them...which could be nice in terms of maybe getting the Devs to understand the needs of our version though.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    I'll give it a +1 as well as it would certainly be nice to not have to leave and come to the website and check and only see a partial update of what you've done or not be able to because the website's tracker is in the process of updating. I'd imagine an Ingame Event Tracking system would be more realistic for a 100% real time tracking as it's ingame and wouldn't have to pull information from one server to another in large data chunks. I'd imagine the Devs could make a more functional tracker that's coded into the game as well that SHOULD be able to keep track of anything the tracker that Z8 normally sets up if Z8 just tells them everything that they can possibly think they've ever used a tracker for and whatever they think they might use one for in the future.

The Biggest problem I see with this is that the events to be tracked would probably have to be plugged into the game come update time then. So to do an event midway between 1st patch and 2nd patch they'd have to know they're going to do that event before the 1st patch and make sure the devs set it up correctly. It would also mean that should the event tracker not be set up correctly for an event...we'd have to follow the incorrect set up for the event or rather not be able to follow the new ingame tracker for our tracking needs as an update to it if it's ingame would probably mean a maintenance period.
    This would also likely mean a bit of an extra workload on the devs that is traditionally our GMs job (as far as I've been aware of the who does whats for our version of CF anyways) and that might cause issues as well. It would also mean our GMs would have to communicate (clearly) with the devs on the events which means more contact with them...which could be nice in terms of maybe getting the Devs to understand the needs of our version though.

can you add a TL; DR cause i don't like reading books lolol
  • Cheezex3 wrote: »
    can you add a TL; DR cause i don't like reading books lolol

To summarize, he agrees, but thinks that there is a little flaw in there.

The In-Game tracker would most likely need to be plugged into the Game, and if there is an Event going on in between the first and Second Update, they'd have to be sure that this Event WILL take place before the first patch.

And if they happen to do a mistake while setting the Tracker up, then we basically are kinda on dry ground.

I think he has merit, both the Website Tracker and the In-Game tracker have its advantages and disadvantages. The Website tracker can be adjusted on the fly, while an in-game tracker would most likely require the devs to go and fix it.
  • I agree, and i was surprised that it was not allready included in the new mission tab.
    It's a pain to alt-tab, open browser, go to webpage, log in, get the pop up of the results, log off ... etc each time.