Events that require wins

Can you guys stop doing escape mode wins for events? This isn't the first time its happened and its always a pain to do. TDM, Snd and ghost mode at least I can try to carry a few egys, but in escape when you've got a bad team your just going to have an awful day. I think 10 Escape mode games is more than enough to qualify for an event because even that takes over an hour.

Comments

• Agree doing a xx game wins event is stupid overall. All it will do is make it 1 vs 8 (All 8 ranks above captain vs a master sergeant or below). Tried to do escape for 2 hours only got 6 games complete and i'm back in SND and saying screw the event -_-. Doing number of played games would be better
  • iEatBBQ wrote: »
    Agree doing a xx game wins event is stupid overall. All it will do is make it 1 vs 8 (All 8 ranks above captain vs a master sergeant or below). Tried to do escape for 2 hours only got 6 games complete and i'm back in SND and saying screw the event -_-. Doing number of played games would be better

Same dude I gave up on escape mode wins so fast today. RIP 20k EP
  • As an EscapeArtist member I think the Escape mode needs a little bit of a crowd as it has been sloping down lately,bugs are all over it.
  • iAnarchy wrote: »
    Can you guys stop doing escape mode wins for events? This isn't the first time its happened and its always a pain to do. TDM, Snd and ghost mode at least I can try to carry a few egys, but in escape when you've got a bad team your just going to have an awful day. I think 10 Escape mode games is more than enough to qualify for an event because even that takes over an hour.

Everybody has they're prefferences in game modes. Me personally, I can carry people in TDM and Escape mode, but I completely suck at GM, which lead me to play over 30 games to get my 10 wins.
    That being said, Escape mode has a pretty straightforward strategy to get your win (start as bl and try to get those escapes asap). Yesterday's task was the easiest for me since I completed it in less that an hour.
    The point I'm trying to make is, you are a GM player, so even though that mode is unplayable during events (cheaters/sprayers/tryhards) you get a bit of a kick out of it, just as I get a kick out of rushing the escape thingy while trying not to die.
    I believe your suggestion would've been a lot better if you suggested to not host events with wins at all, because if I had made your post, I would have said don't make events which include GM wins,
    while I might even praise them for giving us Escape wins, since it's way easier/ more enjoyable for me.
  • As an EscapeArtist member I think the Escape mode needs a little bit of a crowd as it has been sloping down lately,bugs are all over it.
    BlaCkeNeD7 wrote: »
    Everybody has they're prefferences in game modes. Me personally, I can carry people in TDM and Escape mode, but I completely suck at GM, which lead me to play over 30 games to get my 10 wins.
    That being said, Escape mode has a pretty straightforward strategy to get your win (start as bl and try to get those escapes asap). Yesterday's task was the easiest for me since I completed it in less that an hour.
    The point I'm trying to make is, you are a GM player, so even though that mode is unplayable during events (cheaters/sprayers/tryhards) you get a bit of a kick out of it, just as I get a kick out of rushing the escape thingy while trying not to die.
    I believe your suggestion would've been a lot better if you suggested to not host events with wins at all, because if I had made your post, I would have said don't make events which include GM wins,
    while I might even praise them for giving us Escape wins, since it's way easier/ more enjoyable for me.

I take your points and have to agree. TDM,Snd, GM are all easy for me whereas I find team stacking in escape mode to be especially tiresome as I am not especially inclined to play the mode outside of events. I do hope that the GM's will stop doing win events at all in the future so that the events can be more fun for players instead of frustrating to the point that people give up on them.

EDIT: If a GM or MOD would be so kind i'd like to change the thread header to "Events that require wins".
  • +1

Events that require wins are the worst, either due to people ganging on one side or due to hackers not getting vote-kicked because people on their team want to wins by any means necessary.
  • High win counts can be very tough. Not everything should be easy but I wonder how many people give up on events because you get so frustrated trying to get the wins.
    If it is games it doesn't matter if your team sucks or things are going poorly. You can just enjoy the match and work on your event.
  • High win counts can be very tough. Not everything should be easy but I wonder how many people give up on events because you get so frustrated trying to get the wins.
    If it is games it doesn't matter if your team sucks or things are going poorly. You can just enjoy the match and work on your event.

Pretty much this right here. 10 games is still a pain to do, but it's sooooo much better than 10 wins. I remember on the first day when it was 20 TDM wins in rooms of 16 it would be every high rank with their VIPs vs Low ranks. Anyone who couldn't get on the stacked side would just leave and if people weren't glitching into games they wouldn't even start.