Why exactly is it taking long to ban blatant cheaters? I shouldn't care as much but NA hardly has any actually people under 100 ping and every time a cheater joins hardly anyone wants to kick or people just f12 to get an easy win, it's unfair being in that room for 25 minutes or more to have it ruined. I just logged on and first SnD game I entered Compound map whole team gets destroyed by one dude spinning around like his a firework or something. I get you might have your hands full but damn it's coming to the point where almost every mode is unplayable with the exception of a few. If it's not a cheater it's kids glitching under bomb sites, boxes, stairs, walls...

I just wanna hit marshal to get my 100k gp character bae.... =[

Comments

• Vote me to be direct link to GM and patrol ranked games and pubs and any hacker I catch would be banned within 5 days. This is my suggestion to vote for Samaritan player who will patrol and any hackers caught by this Samaritan whoever it is, would be viewed within 5 days and action taken. This method would be via support and would push urgent hacking reports to the top as it came from voted reliable player voted by the community to have direct link via support and reports from that person would be placed above others first.
  • Vote me to be direct link to GM and patrol ranked games and pubs and any hacker I catch would be banned within 5 days. This is my suggestion to vote for Samaritan player who will patrol and any hackers caught by this Samaritan whoever it is, would be viewed within 5 days and action taken. This method would be via support and would push urgent hacking reports to the top as it came from voted reliable player voted by the community to have direct link via support and reports from that person would be placed above others first.

Yeah I think that would be a good idea
    +1

+1 to this! Great idea.

Not a good idea. Owning a Samaritan ribbon doesn't necessarily mean you're an angel. Anyone having some kind of beef with someone might abuse that power and get innocent players banned. Replay files can be tempered. Screenshots can be tempered with. Hell even recorded videos can be tempered with. In my long years on this forum, I've seen new people come, posting first like they're afraid of everyone, then they host giveaways, win some competitions, win many bm guns, people start praising them and then they start acting like some sort of elite higher up authorities both on forums and in-game. Popularity catches up so fast with newbs.

So the only guys fit for this are GMs, for whom this is a means of livelihood, and so they don't care about wrongly banning some person who had argued with them.
  • CFKhalifa wrote: »
    Not a good idea. Owning a Samaritan ribbon doesn't necessarily mean you're an angel. Anyone having some kind of beef with someone might abuse that power and get innocent players banned. Replay files can be tempered. Screenshots can be tempered with. Hell even recorded videos can be tempered with. In my long years on this forum, I've seen new people come, posting first like they're afraid of everyone, then they host giveaways, win some competitions, win many bm guns, people start praising them and then they start acting like some sort of elite higher up authorities both on forums and in-game. Popularity catches up so fast with newbs.

So the only guys fit for this are GMs, for whom this is a means of livelihood, and so they don't care about wrongly banning some person who had argued with them.

Nah, I think you got something wrong, and that would be a complete disaster.

The suggestion is that reports submited by players with this ribbon have "higher priority" than reports submited by others. Which shouldn't be that bad.

My and most other reports are ignored anyway, so maybe this way atleast hackers reported by Samaritans would get banned.
  • Nah, I think you got something wrong, and that would be a complete disaster.

The suggestion is that reports submited by players with this ribbon have "higher priority" than reports submited by others. Which shouldn't be that bad.

My and most other reports are ignored anyway, so maybe this way atleast hackers reported by Samaritans would get banned.

I have the right idea. And that 'slightly higher priority' may turn into chaos after some time.

I usually report as soon as I encounter a hacker. So far I've been successful in getting permbanned a good number of red marshal rank players who had stocked up accounts with VIPs and rares. More replays of the same person submitted by a single user usually work better.

Edit: No one's reports are ignored whatsoever. That's a pure myth.
  • Uhhhh guys we have these things called Moderators who believe it or not have direct contact with GMs
    and can report players and issues directly to GMs

good samaritan ribbon means nothing just like the honorable soldier ribbon, we all know GS users deserve it because they do but some or most try to fake being nice and should not be rewarded with "extra benefits" compared to other players.

Plus it's just depends on whether or not the players are actually hacking, I've come across no hackers so far in my past few weeks of playing this game

I don't think you understood what camel said.
    He suggested that those who have the good samaritan ribbon should have a direct link to the GMs and send the cfr files they saved. Nothing more. They wouldn't have the power to ban people, they would just send the replay through to the GMs, which could be a faster way to ban those who do cheat.
    Of course the only people who should have the power to ban people are the z8 staff.
  • BlaCkeNeD7 wrote: »
    I don't think you understood what camel said.
    He suggested that those who have the good samaritan ribbon should have a direct link to the GMs and send the cfr files they saved. Nothing more. They wouldn't have the power to ban people, they would just send the replay through to the GMs, which could be a faster way to ban those who do cheat.
    Of course the only people who should have the power to ban people are the z8 staff.

Actually you didn't get my point. CFR files can be tempered with. If support staff would go on blindly trusting files sent by some of the nicest people that I've seen on earth (GS), there would be chaos and there would be more crying about random bans than there are now.
  • [Akio] wrote: »

Plus it's just depends on whether or not the players are actually hacking, I've come across no hackers so far in my past few weeks of playing this game

Only thing I play is SnD not sure about you but when a low rank rushes enemy and destroys them full headshots, and when you die you have that few second window to spectate and you see them spinning around like a machine and fragging it isn't hard to put two and two together. Maybe you haven't ran into them but they're there sadly, and some been there for some time now.

Edit: Was hoping to get a feedback but you can close this anyways seems like if I flamed and used improper words then they would reply to the thread to say the usual script and close it.

You misunderstand the idea, that person picked by the community would pass on reports that they are in and of course GM will review it so there is no such thing as getting someone banned based on grudge, GMs still review it. Only difference is the file is pushed up the priority list.
    Edit: No one's reports are ignored whatsoever. That's a pure myth.

Maybe "ignored" isn't the best word to use here. Anyway, the fact that after reporting same aimbotters, speedhacker, obvious wallhackers, obvious seeghostshackers over and over didn't result in getting those cheaters banned, tells me some people are not doing the job they are paid for.

I'm aware it might take some time for them to get to the report I've sent, but a whole year is too much.
  • [Akio] wrote: »
    Uhhhh guys we have these things called Moderators who believe it or not have direct contact with GMs
    and can report players and issues directly to GMs

good samaritan ribbon means nothing just like the honorable soldier ribbon, we all know GS users deserve it because they do but some or most try to fake being nice and should not be rewarded with "extra benefits" compared to other players.

As for MODS? they are hardly online and one of them who was in match, no names mention, some of the players said to him report the hacker do your job and he/she replied it's not my job to do it. It's all of yours. MOD main purpose is Forums and no other power, yes they have access to Skype and other means of contact to the GMs, but we are not talking about this. We are talking about normal contact via Support and of course this person or persons picked would be flagged by support and those files reviewed within 5 days.

Meaning some can't be bothered, same as other players, who can't be bothered to report. As for Samaritan, I am not referring to Ribbon. This would be done by Community Vote of proposed Player who would be reliable and even then, the GMs do all the reviewing and banning. So there is no mistakes or misunderstand or grudges as the GMs review using the same rules applied to Report system, only difference is these files would be processed quicker and any one who attempts to abuse this or as some said Grudge, then of course the GMs would take action on that "Samaritan Reporter".

Such an idea does not add cost to Z8 nor does it give that player power, the only thing is pushing reports forward for quick view. This of course will benefit us all, and real hacking reports would be viewed quicker than random people who report useless reports because they are not happy with the way they died. This idea will not remove hacking issue but it will speed the process to view important replays such as Ranked "100% Aim.bot" etc.
  • Please why are you trying to suggest anything when the game which you like is garbage (wasnt before). Do I have to mention hackers from season 2 again? They are still in the game doing the same stuff after a year? Maybe more? Enough said.
  • You misunderstand the idea, that person picked by the community would pass on reports that they are in and of course GM will review it so there is no such thing as getting someone banned based on grudge, GMs still review it. Only difference is he file is pushed up the priority list.

Here you can see I suggested the same idea months before. But now I think it's not such a good idea.

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?321753-A-couple-of-fun-ideas
  • As for MODS? they are hardly online and one of them who was in match, no names mention, some of the players said to him report the hacker do your job and he/she replied it's not my job to do it. It's all of yours. MOD main purpose is Forums and no other power, yes they have access to Skype and other means of contact to the GMs, but we are not talking about this. We are talking about normal contact via Support and of course this person or persons picked would be flagged by support and those files reviewed within 5 days.

I'm online every day for hours. And when I'm in a room where there is a hacker I myself report him.now I don't know who said this to you and I honestly don't want to know, but it's wrong. When we mods are in game and we come across a hacker we are obviously supposed to report him. I'm kinda mad of what has been said.
    Anyways here is a thing. If I'm not in the same room as u and u call me just to join and see the hacker plus report him for u, it wouldn't work like this. It would not be fair for other players if u call a mod in the room bc u are friends with her/him so he/she can report the hacker for you.
  • Just add ping restricted servers and get this over with :)
  • I think the problem is that when they finally get permanently banned, they come back with another account to continue hacking and have another shot at whatever they're trying to reach.

is IP-banning a thing here or they don't use it?
  • 'NOT wrote:
    dot;4460773']Please why are you trying to suggest anything when the game which you like is garbage (wasnt before). Do I have to mention hackers from season 2 again? They are still in the game doing the same stuff after a year? Maybe more? Enough said.

Thought me raging and posting screenshots would just get me an infraction so decided to ask nicely with no reply. Only time you get replies if it's not PG-13 friendly on these forums. But you're right can't deny what you said.

I recently just posted like 7 screenshots and got a replay of someone using illegal program even admitting and selling but still gets to play.
  • 'NOT wrote:
    dot;4460773']Please why are you trying to suggest anything when the game which you like is garbage (wasnt before). Do I have to mention hackers from season 2 again? They are still in the game doing the same stuff after a year? Maybe more? Enough said.

Thought me raging and posting screenshots would just get me an infraction so decided to ask nicely with no reply. Only time you get replies if it's not PG-13 friendly on these forums. But you're right can't deny what you said.

I recently just posted like 7 screenshots and got a replay of someone using illegal program not hacking even admitting and selling services but still gets to play.
  • I think the problem is that when they finally get permanently banned, they come back with another account to continue hacking and have another shot at whatever they're trying to reach.

is IP-banning a thing here or they don't use it?

Sorry about double post.

Yes there is a GM made two threads near the beginning of last year. But it's useless in so many ways since people can bypass.

• I'm online every day for hours. And when I'm in a room where there is a hacker I myself report him.now I don't know who said this to you and I honestly don't want to know, but it's wrong. When we mods are in game and we come across a hacker we are obviously supposed to report him. I'm kinda mad of what has been said.
    Anyways here is a thing. If I'm not in the same room as u and u call me just to join and see the hacker plus report him for u, it wouldn't work like this. It would not be fair for other players if u call a mod in the room bc u are friends with her/him so he/she can report the hacker for you.

Totally agree, you can not expect to call MOD if you see hacker in room, that's why an allocated team of community players are chosen to help and support MODS and Admins in catching hackers. By simply being in the room with, whether it's Ranked games or Public games. We would have direct access using Support Ticket and we would simply upload the Replay "CF" replay with detailed report and the Support team would view that Ticket Replay within a few days and give that ticket uploaded review on that report he uploaded and if any action was taken. This would only simply benefit the community and help the GM/MODs eradicate hackers.

Benefits

Quick Report Review Distinguishes low profiled reports and Real hackers Priorities Reports "immediate reports" Especially Ranked! Reviewing is Done by GM team Creates more Watchers Reduce the hackers, as reports would be viewed quicker No power is Given to allocated "Samaritan Reporter"

I don't see any issues, as all reports would be viewed by the support team just like Report section only difference is, it would set priority on reports gainned through Support Ticket from those chosen allocated players by the community whether those allocated Samaritan s reporters are chosen by voting or based on profile history or by Admins or MODS choice.
  • As this has become a suggestion topic, I will be moving it to the proper forums. We have seen this topic, as well, and are aware of it.
  • As this has become a suggestion topic, I will be moving it to the proper forums. We have seen this topic, as well, and are aware of it.

If you're finally considering it, also consider not publicly annoucing names of the chosen ones. :)
  • If you're finally considering it, also consider not publicly annoucing names of the chosen ones. :)

Yeah, if that happens, they'll get a ton of abuse from angry players and never get any peace and quiet lol
  • Meaning some can't be bothered, same as other players, who can't be bothered to report. As for Samaritan, I am not referring to Ribbon. This would be done by Community Vote of proposed Player who would be reliable and even then, the GMs do all the reviewing and banning. So there is no mistakes or misunderstand or grudges as the GMs review using the same rules applied to Report system, only difference is these files would be processed quicker and any one who attempts to abuse this or as some said Grudge, then of course the GMs would take action on that "Samaritan Reporter".

I don't think it should be a community vote. It should be a private application for the GMs to review only. Those selected also should not be disclosed. It should be based on merit and dedication to the game (do they actively report hackers in the past, have they violated rules before, etc). MODs are definitely busy and have their own life, but there are active and passionate players that should be considered, such as yourself (Camel). There are others who I see on the forums who are passionate about making this game a better experience, but I don't know if they would want to volunteer to do this, so I won't disclose name any names.

Anyway, in short, I agree this would be no cost to Z8 and would only benefit the players. However, only those truly dedicated should volunteer. And if it is anonymous who these volunteers are, those simply looking for recognition will not apply since they will not be known.
    If you're finally considering it, also consider not publicly annoucing names of the chosen ones. :)

+1 To this
  • RiceTurtle wrote: »
    I don't think it should be a community vote. It should be a private application for the GMs to review only. Those selected also should not be disclosed. It should be based on merit and dedication to the game (do they actively report hackers in the past, have they violated rules before, etc). MODs are definitely busy and have their own life, but there are active and passionate players that should be considered, such as yourself (Camel). There are others who I see on the forums who are passionate about making this game a better experience, but I don't know if they would want to volunteer to do this, so I won't disclose name any names.

Anyway, in short, I agree this would be no cost to Z8 and would only benefit the players. However, only those truly dedicated should volunteer. And if it is anonymous who these volunteers are, those simply looking for recognition will not apply since they will not be known.

+1 To this

I totally, and if GM picked it as I mentioned it should be done if not by the community then by the GM choice and MOD decided on such members of reporters. As the moment I am not hyped about the actual report system we have. Slow and 80% of my ranked cases have not been reviewed with answers or closure and of course doesn't mean they are not banned. This demotivates me from reporting as old cases remain open and un answered or closure for long time. Since 90% of them where from ranked games.

I attempted to send ranked replay the other day using support Violation only to be told to send using Report system and of course that demotivated me from reporting. the following day later Played Ranked found another 2 star hacker and I stayed to the end to save and compile the report and I did submit it report system and spoke to a Mod regarding it. however I am not holding my breath on that.

However with that idea above, I would of simply uploaded and compiled it via support and had direct access to GM to get answer on that player within few days, case closed and action taken. A lot fast and more reliable and beneficial to all of us. This could of been 1 hacker down with 2 star rank, unfortunately Support method isn't accepted at the moment., :(
  • CamelTbag wouldn't be a good one imo as she or he has hackusated me b4 in ranked match lmao.
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »
    CamelTbag wouldn't be a good one imo as she or he has hackusated me b4 in ranked match lmao.

Hackusation is limited to forums and GM review replays and if you have an issue then submit a ticket and we are not at the moment of chooseing anything. Thanks for your helpful input
  • Hackusation is limited to forums and GM review replays and if you have an issue then submit a ticket and we are not at the moment of chooseing anything. Thanks for your helpful input

Just giving out my opinion :) Anyone can fake being nice and helpful so giving them benefits like this would not be the best thing to do. A dedicated team paid and on a contract to this is better. Basically a GM but yeah, idk.

This can be solved if they hired more people to watch over the hack reports and also make a list of the hackers being banned to bring out the guilt in them and also putting out an example.