Friday Stream

So, I sometimes watch the streams when I have time, and the way it's put is ehhh, not the best. So why not make it better?

- Start the stream earlier and put a countdown with some nice music. This makes it way easier because every time you guys stream, people have to refresh the pages, and it still won't show that you guys are streaming. Sometime when I refresh when said it's live, you guys are already talking about the events and stuff. Having the stream start earlier with a countdown would fix this issue.

- Have only 1 person on cam. I don't know why we need to see 2 people on the stream. In my opinion it's a waste of space. Having only 1 cam on the side would be much better. Maybe you guys could even rotate the people, like # seconds on one person, # seconds on the other, but only showing one at the time.

- Have more MODs talking on the stream. Jessy, Andrew, Natt, Moe, etc. Some of the MODs were on stream before, it was always nice to know a little bit more about the MODs.

- Have one of the people on Cam be the one spraying. I know that [GM]Effects is the most skilled one (others need to git gut, jkjk dont ban me pls) but I think it would make more sense if the person on cam would be the one playing on the stream.

- A nice layout is what you guys really need. I think it would attract more people if it looked really nice. Having the cam with the name of the GM, the name of the Game, etc. On Facebook, there are a lot of viewers, even people from other versions, so making it look nice would be better.

For the layout, you guys could make an event. Like, make a layout with this, this and that, and have a nice surprise for whoever you guys think is better, or even let us vote too.

That is all I have to suggest, if y'all have better ideas leave them on a reply so that the GMs can see and maybe make it happen. x]

Comments

• 1: Yes
    2: Eh I don't mind, but if they were to have only 1, swapping between them all seems like the best way to do it
    3: Yes
    4: Yes
    5: Yes

+1
  • We'll take this into consideration moving forward :) Thanks for the ideas!
  • Look at you Zyko with your A+ suggestions :3 Definitely agree with all points.
  • 1: Yes
    2: Eh I don't mind, but if they were to have only 1, swapping between them all seems like the best way to do it
    3: Yes
    4: Yes
    5: Yes

+1

Yup, having like 20-30 seconds each would be nice
    We'll take this into consideration moving forward :) Thanks for the ideas!

Thank you for the reply letting us know about it. ;)
    RiceTurtle wrote: »
    Look at you Zyko with your A+ suggestions :3 Definitely agree with all points.

Tyty :3
  • I can get behind all of these changes so +1.

Also I'd add in with that cam one....that #Grumpy should make an appearance soon. lolol

But another possibility of suggestions that i'd like to add is to change up the rewards a bit...and by that I mean this:

Codes:
    -Codes seem highly limited and run out fast. Seems silly to me when it's not like the codes provide anything permanent. the codes should be available to all who are in the stream. Instead of them running out within 3 seconds maybe make sure it lasts up to say 5 minutes. (or maybe up until the stream ends even?) If you're concerned about people abusing this with alt accounts I'm sure there's some way you can limit distribution of code rewards by restricting it to consider IP address when redeeming each code. By allowing more people to be able to redeem the codes you'll likely make it more popular to watch the streams.
    -Change the codes up occasionally. Don't get me wrong I like the GM Crates but maybe do something like 2 GM Crates and 1 special item that gets rotated. Something like Temporary Rebel grenade or other decent weapons. OR maybe do something like 250 - 500MP for redeeming a code.

Raffle:
    -All I can say here is to maybe try to make the reward consistent. I say that due to hearing you state the amount of crates being distributed as different numbers between some weeks. Make it an even number like 10 crates that way if you spin 2 kinds of crates you can split the number easily enough between the 2.
    -I would also suggest doing a tiered raffle. 3 'Winners' with Winner 1 getting the best prize 10 crates?, winner 2 getting a medium prize say 5 crates?, and winner 3 getting something like temporary weapon/item or just an additional GM crate.

Rooms/General:
    -Better Enforce the 1 game per player (unless of course that player is a MOD of course...they get special exceptions). Often times when watching the stream you'll see the same players make it into multiple rooms. Occasionally you guys make a point to tell them to get out or be kicked to allow room for others who haven't played yet. But...other times people will play like 3 games or even ALL of the games. I understand that to a degree kicking people isn't fun...and it's more fun to play with players who actually want to play and not ask 10000000000000000000000000000 questions that often times can't even be understood instead of shooting enemies...and that you have to keep to a time table...but just pay attention a little bit more to it. ( I say this as a person who usually makes one game a week or at least every other week)

-It seems you guys don't often announce WHERE you're starting the next room, so people who want to play are often forced to server hop and/or watch the stream and see where you guys end up and HOPE that there's still space left in the room when they finally get into the right channel which is almost always not the case since the stream is delayed some amount of time. I think this is PART of the reason why it's always the same people playing with you as well...
  • Ixith wrote: »
    Codes:
    -Codes seem highly limited and run out fast. - They're limited to redeems instead of time. In the grand scheme of viewer to code ratio, its not as fast as you may think.
    -Change the codes up occasionally. Don't get me wrong I like the GM Crates but maybe do something like 2 GM Crates and 1 special item that gets rotated. Something like Temporary Rebel grenade or other decent weapons. OR maybe do something like 250 - 500MP for redeeming a code.- We haven't given out GM Crates for a few streams. Last stream we even gave out regular crates ;)

Raffle:
    -All I can say here is to maybe try to make the reward consistent. I say that due to hearing you state the amount of crates being distributed as different numbers between some weeks. Make it an even number like 10 crates that way if you spin 2 kinds of crates you can split the number easily enough between the 2. - We try to remain consistent, but some crates just don't have the option to add a single crate.
    -I would also suggest doing a tiered raffle. 3 'Winners' with Winner 1 getting the best prize 10 crates?, winner 2 getting a medium prize say 5 crates?, and winner 3 getting something like temporary weapon/item or just an additional GM crate. - Something we can look at moving forward

Rooms/General:
    -Better Enforce the 1 game per player - Its a bit hard to keep track of everyone, but we will make better efforts on this front.

-It seems you guys don't often announce WHERE you're starting the next room, so people who want to play are often forced to server hop and/or watch the stream and see where you guys end up and HOPE that there's still space left in the room when they finally get into the right channel which is almost always not the case since the stream is delayed some amount of time. I think this is PART of the reason why it's always the same people playing with you as well...- This is something we have to look into. There is of course a delay on twitch, and even if we announce it will likely be late. However, we usually try to announce in game if the room isnt already full. How people find us so quickly is still beyond my comprehension, if I'm honest.

Comments added in red. Some good points :)
  • I forgot to mention:

- GM streaming should have the bags organized. Like new weapons and/or old really rare weapons. Not sure if this is done because I missed the last couple of streams.
  • From Zyko suggestions:
    I like the idea of countdown, it also happened to me to wait for the streaming to start, but it was already started and unfortunately even watching the chat is impossible to follow what the GM/MODs say because there is too much spam.
    About the cam...Honestly i prefer to don't see nobody in cam..like Zyko said "it's a waste of space"...also avoids the problem of the same irritating questions in chat (who is the gm in the right?who in the left? etc...)
    Anyway I agree with all other ideas..so +1
    Also + 1 for LaTotoBoy
  • +1 (i don't know why u guys keep saying +1 but i guess it means u agree or something xd)

Agree with almost everything u said except for the second one.
    I don't mind there being 2 GMs on screen BUT, they have to add names under their cams

As for my own recommendation:

Adding a few nice songs in the background can bring a world of difference in quality.
    The only problem would be copyright issues :3
  • Comments added in red. Some good points :)

In regards to your comments:
    -If it's limited to some viewer to code ratio....then why not increase it and allow more people redeem? As if you miss the posting of the code by even 5 seconds you're usually too late, especially so when there's more viewers. I'm curious on what the ratio is and what kind of limitations are put on you guys in regards to the code give aways....but of course...I have a feeling that's information we won't be getting told. :P
    -I know you haven't given out GM Crates in a few streams...but that's mostly due to issues with the GM Crate and I'd like to see it return...but would also like to see other things alongside it as well. (and being completely serious about the idea of adding MP as a potential reward for it...heck maybe even a 100 MP inside of GM crates instead of the extra mission if that's manageable?)

-I assume based on what you said you can only add crates in quantities that they're sold in on the black market? (insight into limitations!) If so....I believe all crates have a 5 crate option. So that should be totally do-able. On weeks you only spin 1 type of crate...it could be 10 of that...on weeks you spin 2 types of crate it could be 5 and 5. Just don't go screwing up it up by spinning 3 types! lol (don't think we have to worry about that...of all the streams i've seen it's only been 1 or 2 crates being spun per stream)
    -Sounds good...I think increasing the 'winner pool' if possible would increase the popularity of the stream and encourage more people to watch (and perhaps participate?)

-I realize it's hard...just asking for a bit more consistency :P Should be too hard to have one of the GMs who's playing to be responsible for tracking it. Not sure if you guys work on 2 monitors or not (i'd like to think so since you are a gaming company...)...but a possibility could be taking a screenshot of the score screen. and then when the next room is made the GM in charge of this could view that screenshot and review the player names real fast before a game is started. OR you could put incentives on making sure people don't play more than 1 game. (I'll speak to this later). I should add I don't see any problem with a player making it into 1 game per week. It's more of people making it into multiple rooms in a single stream.

-I realize the room fills up incredibly fast, amazingly. And perhaps this is why you don't post it ingame as you don't see the need to....but perhaps a strategy that could be looked into would be to create locked rooms. This would ensure that all the GMs make it into the room...then you announce the location of the room followed shortly after by the password? And to encourage this further...perhaps those who are viewing on twitch can receive that information a little earlier than the ingame announcement as perks of being a Twitch viewer? Of course this does make all of this take a bit more time...BUT combined with Duprees suggestion of starting the stream earlier and thus I believe extending the stream length...this wouldn't be THAT big of a deal.

To add in another suggestion....
    -Would it be possible to reward those who do make it into the Stream rooms? If you're already grabbing screenshots of the end game results to see who's there and using that to check for players who are playing multiple games...you'd have a list of names of people who played. You could then dish out playtime rewards of some kind. Even reward those who make Ace and MVP with something a bit nicer than the rest of those who played. However, if you do find someone has played multiple games that you didn't catch a rule could be that those people will receive NO rewards from playing in the stream. This would incentivize playing in the stream room but would, somewhat, discourage people from playing multiple rooms each week.
  • I would like to see the GM split up into Two rooms. One will be live on stream and other will not be live. This will give more players chances to enter the rooms and play with the GMs and also allow more player space in room as it won't be cluttered with 5 GM in one room. Players need to decide to enter Twitch GM room or none stream room, either way you get to play with some GMs and get reward for doing so. Of course both rooms needs to be announced, each time they are made.

This is a great way for more players to take part, as we know how fast the one room gets filled up as soon as it's announced.
  • Might as well throw myself into this pool of suggestions.
    -Donations/Donor only chat? So you get away from the spam and get early codes for GM crates?
    -After reaching X milestone, special giveaways are done (like raffles but for other prizes)

On a game note, is it possible to increase the number of spectators in a room so more people can watch the GM games?
  • This are all great ideas! I have thought some of them before but never said anything about it like Dupree did here, great job man :D
    iDupree_ wrote: »
    So, I sometimes watch the streams when I have time, and the way it's put is ehhh, not the best. So why not make it better?

- Start the stream earlier and put a countdown with some nice music. This makes it way easier because every time you guys stream, people have to refresh the pages, and it still won't show that you guys are streaming. Sometime when I refresh when said it's live, you guys are already talking about the events and stuff. Having the stream start earlier with a countdown would fix this issue.Yes, I've always thought that good events (online or not) should have some background music on, makes it look like the planners know what they are doing and streamers can just chill there while they wait for the actual stream to start.

- Have only 1 person on cam. I don't know why we need to see 2 people on the stream. In my opinion it's a waste of space. Having only 1 cam on the side would be much better. Maybe you guys could even rotate the people, like # seconds on one person, # seconds on the other, but only showing one at the time. Couldn't agree more, the one on cam should be the one currently playing so you can see his/her expression when they get REKT! jk :P A few secs for each GM currently playing would be fun and we'll get to know how our GM's do their thing ^^

- Have more MODs talking on the stream. Jessy, Andrew, Natt, Moe, etc. Some of the MODs were on stream before, it was always nice to know a little bit more about the MODs.Yeah, some MOD's are cool people too, I'd enjoy listening them narrate the streams once in a while, if they have what it takes :)

- Have one of the people on Cam be the one spraying. I know that [GM]Effects is the most skilled one (others need to git gut, jkjk dont ban me pls) but I think it would make more sense if the person on cam would be the one playing on the stream.

- A nice layout is what you guys really need. I think it would attract more people if it looked really nice. Having the cam with the name of the GM, the name of the Game, etc. On Facebook, there are a lot of viewers, even people from other versions, so making it look nice would be better.Yes, took me a while to know who was who and I had to pay close attention on how GM's called each other and stuff lol. A better layout is needed indeed.

For the layout, you guys could make an event. Like, make a layout with this, this and that, and have a nice surprise for whoever you guys think is better, or even let us vote too.

That is all I have to suggest, if y'all have better ideas leave them on a reply so that the GMs can see and maybe make it happen. x]
  • Some of these got implemented, I see. Can y'all make it so that if we win Raffle, we get 10 crates instead of 3?
  • How people find us so quickly is still beyond my comprehension, if I'm honest

If you realllly wanna know how, I pretty much know the answer. It is due to GMs inviting their ingame friends without the need for them to enter passwords or follow the 10 seconds behind broadcasting. I know people inside the game who have such privileges and they get invited in EVERY room... I can still follow my friends ofc but i'll never get the password to catch up with these invites .-.

Is this something you can add to the suggestions plz? Like a note to other GMs, Dear GMs, kindly do not invite your friends and give the space to "ordinary" people?
  • Catphobia wrote: »
    If you realllly wanna know how, I pretty much know the answer. It is due to GMs inviting their ingame friends without the need for them to enter passwords or follow the 10 seconds behind broadcasting. I know people inside the game who have such privileges and they get invited in EVERY room... I can still follow my friends ofc but i'll never get the password to catch up with these invites .-.

Is this something you can add to the suggestions plz? Like a note to other GMs, Dear GMs, kindly do not invite your friends and give the space to "ordinary" people?

They don't add regular players to their friends list, and even if they were to, they wouldn't invite them to the room. I was on Tritons friend list before he left, and he would never invite me to the rooms. I would join him, but of course it's not guaranteed to get me in the room because they're passworded.

Just to clarify I'm no longer on any GM's friend list, and they do not invite anyone except Mods to the room.

The reason I find the GMs so quickly most of the time is because I search for them. They usually start in a low-population NA server, so I just search NA5, NA3, etc for channels with a low amount of people in. If I see a GM, boom. Channel found. If I don't, I keep looking until the stream starts.

Either way they're now showing the room and waiting for everyone to find it before showing the password on Twitch.
  • They don't add regular players to their friends list, and even if they were to, they wouldn't invite them to the room. I was on Tritons friend list before he left, and he would never invite me to the rooms. I would join him, but of course it's not guaranteed to get me in the room because they're passworded.

Just to clarify I'm no longer on any GM's friend list, and they do not invite anyone except Mods to the room.

The reason I find the GMs so quickly most of the time is because I search for them. They usually start in a low-population NA server, so I just search NA5, NA3, etc for channels with a low amount of people in. If I see a GM, boom. Channel found. If I don't, I keep looking until the stream starts.

Either way they're now showing the room and waiting for everyone to find it before showing the password on Twitch.

You can try to be neutral for a change btw.. For example,
    YOU were on tritons list b4 and he not inviting you doesn't mean the others don't. Did you ask them one by one? For God's sake!
    How do you know the invited mods DO NOT invite their friends? Does it have to be direct? Absolutely not.. If mods invite their friends (and I can give you names bcoz THEY ARE ON MY FRIEND LIST) it is the same. And if you don't have proof, you can say "I can neither confirm nor deny" else kindly try not be so biased coz it is more than obvious what you are doing.
  • Catphobia wrote: »
    You can try to be neutral for a change btw.. For example,
    YOU were on tritons list b4 and he not inviting you doesn't mean the others don't. Did you ask them one by one? For God's sake!
    How do you know the invited mods DO NOT invite their friends? Does it have to be direct? Absolutely not.. If mods invite their friends (and I can give you names bcoz THEY ARE ON MY FRIEND LIST) it is the same. And if you don't have proof, you can say "I can neither confirm nor deny" else kindly try not be so biased coz it is more than obvious what you are doing.

I know people aren't invited because the rooms ONLY fill up after the password is revealed on the stream. No need to be so aggressive just because you're not fast enough to get into the rooms.