Mileage Popcorn (Suggested Event)

Here's a very quickly thought up event to throw into your minds and explode...

Since we have the Mileage shop now...and a lot of people are wanting more MP (especially after the attendance thing not resetting...) why not yet another event that gives people a chance to grab up some extra MP? (I suppose this could wait until May and be used to kick off the MP gain in May as well...but it'd be a nice event to take place right after Burning Missions until the end of the month too!)

So here's the idea...Mileage Popcorn Event (MP Event!)....and when we talk popcorn...we are obviously talking grenade kills!

So for every grenade kill you get...you get 10 MP (1 MP seems a little low for grenade kills...)
Maximum of 2,000 MP (of course GMs have the right to change that number...but it seems they are keeping the MP events limited to low amounts of MP so this is probably more generous than they'd actually do) *also note there is a maximum as we don't want a repeat of the headshot event.

That means get 200 individual Grenade kills to get the maximum MP!

Other side options for this event:
-Play Mayan Temple map could be featured in that playing it X amount of games can get you some temporary rewards.
-Get so many grenade kills on different game modes! (S&D, TDM, Suppression, Ghost, etc) for smaller rewards

**Note grenade kills on Zombies should NOT count**
+++this event could also help people who need grenade kills for their Badges+++

Comments

• I do think we need another event to help players with bugged attendance to be able to get the sword.
    And it would help players going for badges too.
    Good idea! +1

It seems like an interesting idea but grenade kill to add extra MP? Might as well include MP per headshot in every mode I don't see any differences. Plus would be broken because of people "farming".
  • I generally quite dislike anything Grenade related, so I'll give it a nah.

Make it Mileage Partnership instead, play whatever you want as long as friends are in your room, and both you and your friends get 1 MP per Minute played per friend that is in the room, up to a maximum of 100-200 MP.

That means with 5 Friends, you get 5 MP per minute, reaching the Maximum 100-200 MP a lot sooner.
  • +1 about helping who'se attendance is not resetting -.-
  • LazYSlotH wrote: »

It seems like an interesting idea but grenade kill to add extra MP? Might as well include MP per headshot in every mode I don't see any differences. Plus would be broken because of people "farming".

I'd have to disagree with you there. Even thought events like this are easy targets for farmers, he still noted that there was a limit of 2000 MP.
    So even if they farm afterwards, they wont get anymore then anyone else. :)

Great idea btw Ixith, i still need them nade killz :d
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    I generally quite dislike anything Grenade related, so I'll give it a nah.

Make it Mileage Partnership instead, play whatever you want as long as friends are in your room, and both you and your friends get 1 MP per Minute played per friend that is in the room, up to a maximum of 100-200 MP.

That means with 5 Friends, you get 5 MP per minute, reaching the Maximum 100-200 MP a lot sooner.
    Thats a great idea also.
    +1 ^_^

I generally find things like Mayan Temple fun, but getting grenade kills normally is rather hard and not so fun sometimes lol. However, it seemed a decent pairing especially seeing as I recently saw a thread of someone asking them to reduce the grenade/throwing weapon kills required for Badges, which I disagree with reducing it...but it wouldn't hurt to do something to promote grenade kills...and further it with extra MP and maybe a few other smaller rewards.
    I did also imagine them dishing out temporary Coin Grenades as one of the rewards....for some reason that would seem fitting for a currency (MP) event...

As for your Mileage Partnership ....that's also a great idea. Maybe they can do both!
    Also....maybe I shoulda made it throwing axe related....I know how much you love throwing axes....x]
    LazYSlotH wrote: »

Not sure I get the point of your first statement questioning why grenade kills and to add HS....I assume because it's not something that's just as easy as 'killing players to get MP' as it's requiring a specific way of death....
    However, as for the farming issue. That's why there was a maximum stated. Events will always get farmed to some degree. But if the event is achievable without farming and there is a cap on earnings and everyone can achieve that cap with a little effort then farming isn't as bad of an issue. This was the problem with the HS event a few months back is that they didn't state an earning cap or limitations for it...people recognized it's unlimited reward potential and a crap ton of people went to exploit it, though anyone who was smart knew Z8 would realize their mistake and do something about it... If this was a competitive Top 5 event or potentially unlimited/unrealistic goals event....then I'd agree farming would be a much bigger issue for it. So again...it's essentially impossible to completely prevent farming (though I do think they should try a bit harder on some events, particularly competitive based events.... and making locked rooms not count would be a start in that direction too IMO) but you can limit farmers from not getting anything normal casual players wouldn't get either with a reasonable rewards limit.
  • +2
    I still need 2k and will do anything to get them
    play whatever you want as long as friends are in your room, and both you and your friends get 1 MP per Minute played per friend that is in the room, up to a maximum of 100-200 MP.

+1 for this. I prefer to play something with friends instead of farming nade kills with friends :)

I think this would be great but make it 200 MP a day to make up for the attendance that we've all missed out on (some people like me started way late in the month). 200 MP a day times 7 days left in the month is still only 1,400 total though.
  • This thread made me crave popcorn 0.0

I personally don't mind if it's Grenade themed. What I'd actually like to see in conjunction with MP reward is a ribbon reward. We have pistol week, shotgun week, sniper week, why not Grenade week? I agree just getting MP for getting Grenade kills is a little more work than it's worth. However, with a ribbon reward on top? Now we're talking.
  • RiceTurtle wrote: »
    This thread made me crave popcorn 0.0

I personally don't mind if it's Grenade themed. What I'd actually like to see in conjunction with MP reward is a ribbon reward. We have pistol week, shotgun week, sniper week, why not Grenade week? I agree just getting MP for getting Grenade kills is a little more work than it's worth. However, with a ribbon reward on top? Now we're talking.

Would 10/10 need that ribbon lol. Love nade kills with a passion
  • Lol is MP over taking EP.

Prefer EP events but I will give you +1 for this.

Unfortunately for me I am behind with 3200 due to attendance, I started on day 24 attendance, so not much gained if anything from attendance. So the 2000 cap would be no use to me as it wouldn't be enough. For other people it might be enough, so again here's my +

+1 For the community.
  • got my permaneent sword yuan and still have 500 mp