Suggest to fix Barrett Ultimate Gold damage and all other Barretts in HMX mode

Barrett Ultimate Gold deals less damage than AWM on HMX mode. It's supposed to deal more damage than AWM. Please fix it.

Comments

• M82A1 is not "supposed" to do anything it doesn't currently do.
    Each M82A1 Varient is how it should be in our version of the game and it will stay that way. If you're thinking of comparing this version to CFCN, CFVN or any other version, then don't bother. It's not allowed. Each version is different and so is it's content. If you really want an M82A1 for playing HMX, then go purchase a VVIP varient which deal high damage.
  • A lot of players wanted this to happen,but it didn't. Plain and simple is they don't care. Just buy the VIP one and don't waste your money on the reskins. They are just collection pieces and nothing else. A sad fate for the would be most popular sniper in this game.
  • I'd +1 that for MM (and its variants) as well as for ZM. The non VIP Barrets deal barely pistol damage for some reason, and I'd totally accept changing their damage so it makes sense for a sniper of such caliber.
  • claire9822 wrote: »
    M82A1 is not "supposed" to do anything it doesn't currently do.
    Each M82A1 Varient is how it should be in our version of the game and it will stay that way. If you're thinking of comparing this version to CFCN, CFVN or any other version, then don't bother. It's not allowed. Each version is different and so is it's content. If you really want an M82A1 for playing HMX, then go purchase a VVIP varient which deal high damage.

Then why it deals less damage than AWM (even the normal AWM) in HMX. Don't you think that if it is a Barrett, it should deal more damage than AWM? A barrett with a giant bullet damages just like a M700, isn't that weird? I know that each version is different but, the damage of those Barretts should be the same (maybe VIP deals a little bit more damage)...That's why they call them "B-a-r-r-e-t-t".
  • Mindjacked wrote: »
    A lot of players wanted this to happen,but it didn't. Plain and simple is they don't care. Just buy the VIP one and don't waste your money on the reskins. They are just collection pieces and nothing else. A sad fate for the would be most popular sniper in this game.

Yeah...I luckily got my Barrett Ultimate Gold (or Goldsmith) when they gave me 5 free crates. But my point is (and I'm writing this for all players that owned a non-VIP barrett) even if you don't own a VIP Barrett, a normal Barrett should deal bigger damages than AWM.
  • You're right. A Barrett is much stronger than an AWM so this has to be a bug of some sort or atleast buffed a little to be stronger than an AWM.
    Many "Good Samaritans" here so don't get confused with what they say.
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »
    You're right. A Barrett is much stronger than an AWM so this has to be a bug of some sort or atleast buffed a little.
    Many "Good Samaritans" here so don't get confused with what they say.

I agree...!!!
  • never tested my non-VIP barrett out in HMX to see the damage compared to a non-VIP AWM but if it is indeed lower than that of a non-VIP AWM then it needs to be changed. However, it should not be made to be as much as a VIP Barrett either.
    *taking in consideration the damage is pulled from being shot in the same spot with each gun.

that being said. Barretts are still excellent choices for long range sniping in other PVP modes especially with that full wall bang. (RIP festival and new greece maps)
    You're right. A Barrett is much stronger than an AWM so this has to be a bug of some sort or atleast buffed a little to be stronger than an AWM.
    Many "Good Samaritans" here so don't get caught up with what they say.

Mind you, for the longest time, it was declared that our version wouldn't see the release of the Barrett, ever. Saidin most likely was the one who spearheaded the decision to not let the Barrett get released over here.

The thing being, most likely due to addition of the VIP System, they eventually had to release the Barrett over here, no matter how much CFNA went on the barricades about it back then.

So most likely as a compromise, they severely nerfed the Barrett Series, with only a select few Barretts retaining their Original stats.

So I personally do believe that it was completely intended, and is not a bug. And frankly, it still kills people with a single shot, so I'm fine with where most of it's variants are sitting at, power wise.
  • ^ Just curious, which Barrett retained their original stats, besides the VIP?
  • RiceTurtle wrote: »
    ^ Just curious, which Barrett retained their original stats, besides the VIP?

I'm quite certain the Barrett Imperial Dragon did, there most likely are a few more.
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    I'm quite certain the Barrett Imperial Dragon did, there most likely are a few more.

Every variant beside the royal dragon (temp. preorder bonus) is nerfed. Original Barrett is nerfed even more than the variants
  • Ixith wrote: »
    never tested my non-VIP barrett out in HMX to see the damage compared to a non-VIP AWM but if it is indeed lower than that of a non-VIP AWM then it needs to be changed. However, it should not be made to be as much as a VIP Barrett either.
    *taking in consideration the damage is pulled from being shot in the same spot with each gun.

that being said. Barretts are still excellent choices for long range sniping in other PVP modes especially with that full wall bang. (RIP festival and new greece maps)

For all other modes, Barrett VIP deals damage just like the non-VIP. But only in HMX or Zombie, they should change the power of those non-VIP barretts to be at least stronger than AWM, but a little bit weaker than the VIP-Barrett. That's all I hope they will change.
    Mind you, for the longest time, it was declared that our version wouldn't see the release of the Barrett, ever. Saidin most likely was the one who spearheaded the decision to not let the Barrett get released over here.

The thing being, most likely due to addition of the VIP System, they eventually had to release the Barrett over here, no matter how much CFNA went on the barricades about it back then.

So most likely as a compromise, they severely nerfed the Barrett Series, with only a select few Barretts retaining their Original stats.

So I personally do believe that it was completely intended, and is not a bug. And frankly, it still kills people with a single shot, so I'm fine with where most of it's variants are sitting at, power wise.

'Tis 100% wallbang, shreds through enemies in s&d(1 shot kill to the leg, through a box), but is weaker than a regular AWM in zombie/mutation modes. OK.
    Every variant beside the royal dragon (temp. preorder bonus) is nerfed. Original Barrett is nerfed even more than the variants

The RD hasn't even been available permanently, correct?

As an aside: I remember getting the Divine Dragon specifically for HMX thinking it would have the same stats as VIP in HMX and was definitely disappointed. So, definitely +1 from me.
    'Tis 100% wallbang, shreds through enemies in s&d(1 shot kill to the leg, through a box), but is weaker than a regular AWM in zombie/mutation modes. OK.

Well, it probably was simply deemed too overpowered in Mutant Modes. When I see what Dupree does with the VIP Barrett, I personally am Inclined to agree, lmao.
  • RiceTurtle wrote: »
    The RD hasn't even been available permanently, correct?

As an aside: I remember getting the Divine Dragon specifically for HMX thinking it would have the same stats as VIP in HMX and was definitely disappointed. So, definitely +1 from me.

Yea, correct. Still waiting for them to release the royal dragon x.x

If they don't fix the Ultimate gold barrett, I bet that the Royal Dragon Barrett will be the same if they release it. Deals less damage than AWM in HMX.
    Well, it probably was simply deemed too overpowered in Mutant Modes. When I see what Dupree does with the VIP Barrett, I personally am Inclined to agree, lmao.

And that is exactly where I don't find any logic. What makes them think it isn't "deemed too overpowered" in s&d? if we're saying it isn't a bug and was intended. I don't own any barrett skins thankfully so I don't really care what they decide to do in the future but it would be logical to either nerf it in pubs or buff it in ZM/MM.

You and me both. *GMshinthint*
  • I think it's better to stay the way it is right now. They already did events giving out Barrett crates, and it's in the coupons too, which is easy to get.