Crossfire Market

I have been playing crossfire for nearly 7 years now and it keeps getting better and better. I just want to get straight to the point now, is it possible for z8games to add a Crossfire market where players can put up their weapons and items on the market and sell it for certain zp amounts, this would be soo great for the CF community, but I know it wont get added so I atleast made a forum post to try and tell you.

Comments

• Well for starters a 'Market' or Trading ability has been suggested a few times. But i'd say it IS possible for them to add it in if they wanted too...but there's quite a few issues to be dealt with in order for it to make any sense.

-The actual game developers would probably have to approve of such a thing is my guess. It wouldn't just be up to the Z8 staff.
    -You'd have to prevent trading between accounts sharing computers/IPs and the what not. Many people have at least 1 or more alternate accounts that they do events on and what not. If they won on their alt, with such a system they could just transfer over to their main.
    -Probably need weapon trade limits too. As in only 1 trade per month. Reason being is...even with trading between your own accounts being blocked...it wouldn't be too hard for them to 'sell' to a friend/clannie with them then 'selling' it back to the original user's other account.
    -ZP value....what would determine the trading cost? Would Z8 take a percentage of the sale? If implemented and Z8 not getting a percentage of the ZP sale it would greatly take away potential profit on Z8's side. For example...i have 2 MP5 Ares....someone might really want one of those and if I could just sell it to them it'd prevent them from potentially spinning more money than it'd cost to buy it from me.

I mean...to a degree I'd kinda like to see a trading system....because I don't like having duplicate primary weapons as there's not much point to it. And it'd ease people's fear of winning a 2nd Gun A instead of getting 1 Gun A and 1 Gun B from a multi weapon crate as such a system would give them an ability to sell it so it wouldn't be as disappointing winning the same weapon twice before winning the other weapon.
    But there's a lot of stuff that needs to be worked through to get a system that'd work well but prevent abuse, all the while still being profitable enough for Z8 and Devs to justify implementing such a thing.
  • To add to that, it's been suggested that you could only trade your duplicates. This prevents some of the potential abuse, as alt accounts generally wouldn't have duplicates from just event crates.

Continuing under the assumption that you can only trade duplicates: I could see Z8 benefitting if, say you could only trade once a month and each party had to have 100k ZP (that's 200k ZP earned per trade). Overall, A monthly limit makes a lot of sense. This does not allow room for trade abuse and would not deter people from spending ZP. After all, it's just 1 (or a few) trade a month. The big ZP spenders probably have more than just 1 item on their wishlist, anyway. And the non-big ZP spenders typically don't spend enough to have duplicates.

However, I do not see a reason for Z8 to implement a marketplace for direct sale. What would Z8 gain? Maybe a commission, but they'd earn a lot more without players having the ability to sell.

Also, uh... I want that duplicate Ares MP5. I have duplicate M4 Ares DM 0.0
  • I would love a market place. I disagree with the duplicates part because we have so many multi gun crates. In many of these crates I win guns I do not want. They may be interesting to other people so if I could unload them for weapons I actually want ? Awesome.
    All of the logistics about account steeling and what not it is your responsibility to keep your account safe. While having some safe guards in place would help it really shouldn't be the reason we don't get nice things =( .
    Taxing the guns from both sides of the transaction is the way I would go. The buyer and the selling pay a fee to trade. If people want to strip their alts they will need to put zp on it and their main. To prevent alts from being back charged this new gun could have a holding period. Say 30 days before you can trade it again. If the alt is back charged the gun is either returned or perhaps you have the option to pay the charge.
    Ramble ramble ramble..
    Idk it would be a massive project but would awesome.
  • There was a thread about this a while back with great ideas and discussion on the topic. I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote there, here.
    abel95 wrote: »
    This type of topic always interests me due to the curiosity on what my weapons in my storage is worth. If Smilegate West wants to move forward into the next stage of evolution for a FPS Game then they would have to deliver some kind of trading system to interest both existing players and newcomers alike. Here, I suggest a trading system which evolves around ZP Points.

Q: Why ZP Points, you may ask?
    A: Smilegate West does not lose anything against using ZP since it is a currency which is made up to continue the purpose of the game. Not only that but players will have to purchase ZP which will only boost Smilegate West profits in both short and long term sales.

Q: How does it work?
    A: A ZP Points Trading System which is either on the website or in-game allows the user to sell or buy other players weapons for ZP. This system will only allow permanent weapons therefore, temporary weapons nor Item shop weapons can't be traded through this system. ZP can only be purchased through the website as it currently stands.
    Each weapon will have a pre-fixed price therefore, players can't sell the weapons for their own prices. Prices change depending on a couple factors:
    • The amount of players who own the same weapon.
    • Available in-game or not.

Q: Wouldn't Smilegate West lose their money?
    A: Not really, if you consider the fact that the ZP will always return to Smilegate West in the end. No matter how many trades there are, the ZP will always return to Smilegate West which forces the player to buy more ZP in the end.

Take this diagram for example;

j9AMrSg.png

As you can see from the diagram,
    1. Player A buy ZP from Smilegate West to use to buy a weapon from another player (Player B in this case).
    2. Player B then uses the ZP he got to buy another weapon from Player C.
    3. Player C then uses the ZP to buy specific items from the item shop or somewhere else.
    4. This results the ZP into going back to Smilegate West.
    5. Player A, B & C will have to purchase ZP again in order to buy anything in-game related to ZP.

Last of all, I would like to say that Smilegate West owns the right to put a weapon on sale at any given moment. Therefore, if an inactive account has a rare weapon and the account hasn't been used in 3 years, Smilegate West can put that weapon on sale or either duplicate the weapon and put it on sale.
    Thank you for reading this far, and I would like to say this is only a suggestion. If you do have any questions, feel free to ask and I will answer them to my best ability.

Link: http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?321936-What-if-ZP-crate-weapons-could-be-exchanged-for-ZP
  • RiceTurtle wrote: »
    Also, uh... I want that duplicate Ares MP5. I have duplicate M4 Ares DM 0.0

I mean i'd make that trade. I certainly could use an M4 Ares to help out with the hopes of finishing that collection. (that and Ares is a nice skin so i'd use it in place of my Ult Gold Dual mag m4).
    Have any use for a regular Sterling? Have a duplicate of that too x] think those are my only ZP duplicates though... for now.

But yea @Andrew's points. It certainly is a big project and I think most would like to see it eventually...but it's ultimately a "will it pay off in the end" cause you got the development time on it as well that the Devs or Z8 would have to put work into and undoubtedly tweaks. It would suck if they put in a lot of work just to see it not be a good system or to be highly abused and need an over abundance of tweaks just to make it functioning and profitable.
  • Heres the thing you can make prime accounts, where people can connect their phones to their CF accounts, so the people who only have prime accounts can trade in the market place, I know its not easy to implement this, but please think about it
  • @Andrew, In an ideal world, we can trade any weapon, but I question whether Z8 would allow it. Relatively speaking, Z8 would profit more if only duplicates were allowed to be traded. Just my two cents on the duplicate-only issue.

@Ixith, Well, I don't already own it so you can select from any of my duplicates below:
    - AK 47 Sunwukong
    - M4A1 Spring Flowers
    - Laser Dagger - Valentines
    - Mauser - Royal Dragon

(Now I'm really looking forward to a trade system 0.0)
  • I'd like to see a trading system getting implemented on CF, I have some weapon I don't really use and some people are crazy for them! I have 3 cool ZP snipers and I only use 1 at most cause I'm no sniper, I'm a rifleman so... you get the point :/

But I don't see the problem with people trading guns to themselves, They won their weapons fair and squared so why wouldn't you let them trade those weapons they fairly won to their main, even once a month? 'Its not fair to players who have won those guns on their main accounts!' you'd say, but IF you do get a trading system on CF then that wouldn't matter much since those paying players would also get benefits from trading duplicates they don't use/want for weapons they do desire. I have a Cheytac Grafitti I don't use at all and I would happily trade it anytime for some other weapon I do want, maybe I could get a m4 Aurora for it, and that would be SWEET :D
  • nelson28 wrote: »
    I'd like to see a trading system getting implemented on CF, I have some weapon I don't really use and some people are crazy for them! I have 3 cool ZP snipers and I only use 1 at most cause I'm no sniper, I'm a rifleman so... you get the point :/

But I don't see the problem with people trading guns to themselves, They won their weapons fair and squared so why wouldn't you let them trade those weapons they fairly won to their main, even once a month? 'Its not fair to players who have won those guns on their main accounts!' you'd say, but IF you do get a trading system on CF then that wouldn't matter much since those paying players would also get benefits from trading duplicates they don't use/want for weapons they do desire. I have a Cheytac Grafitti I don't use at all and I would happily trade it anytime for some other weapon I do want, maybe I could get a m4 Aurora for it, and that would be SWEET :D

The problem with allowing Alt Accounts to trade to Main Accounts would be that sales of ZP would vastly decrease as events that give out crates and EP would then be farmed on a bunch of accounts and when any of them win they'd send the winnings to a single account. Why buy ZP when you can win just about anything from events? For example...let's take the current event of Crossfire Goals. 25 Crates available for just doing the personal goals....then we're probably already looking at 60,000 EP from the community goals. But let's pretend we hit the full 5 goals and get 75,000 EP. That means if you buy the 1k EP crates you can get up to 100 ZP crates from this event alone. Now...if you do the event on 2 accounts....that's 200 crates...3accs 300 crates...you could win all the various guns and transfer as needed. If you win one EP crate on one account then spin a different one on another account until you have all of the EP crates. And if you look at the set up....500 kills....rank farmers can probably knock 500 kills for all 5 categories out in the matter of a few hours. If you did 1 account per day you'd have 1,400 crates essentially. Sure they'd all be on different accounts...but if transfers were open to alt accounts you might as well give the main acc all of those crates. SO....why buy ZP when you can farm so many crates?

In other words...it's a horrible business model for Z8 and I highly doubt they or the Devs would allow such a policy for a feature like this to happen.

And of course there will always be ways around it....but preventing direct alt to main transfers and placing a transfer limit would certainly slow it way down.
    Then like Andrew brought up....while it's no reason for us to NOT have nice things...imagine your account gets hacked....if there's no limits or restrictions you could wake up and find yourself (if you even get access back to your account) without any of your ZP weapons all being transferred to the main account of whom ever hacked you. If a restriction preventing an account with the same IP or MAC Address associated with each other so that they couldn't transfer weapons would certainly slow down that process considerably as would transfer limits.

Of course if you make it so you can only trade Duplicates...then that alone would cut down a lot of issues in itself. As like was stated earlier, not many people win duplicates from just doing events. Especially not within a single event.
  • younglii wrote: »
    Heres the thing you can make prime accounts, where people can connect their phones to their CF accounts, so the people who only have prime accounts can trade in the market place, I know its not easy to implement this, but please think about it

Good point.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    The problem with allowing Alt Accounts to trade to Main Accounts would be that sales of ZP would vastly decrease as events that give out crates and EP would then be farmed on a bunch of accounts and when any of them win they'd send the winnings to a single account. Why buy ZP when you can win just about anything from events? For example...let's take the current event of Crossfire Goals. 25 Crates available for just doing the personal goals....then we're probably already looking at 60,000 EP from the community goals. But let's pretend we hit the full 5 goals and get 75,000 EP. That means if you buy the 1k EP crates you can get up to 100 ZP crates from this event alone. Now...if you do the event on 2 accounts....that's 200 crates...3accs 300 crates...you could win all the various guns and transfer as needed. If you win one EP crate on one account then spin a different one on another account until you have all of the EP crates. And if you look at the set up....500 kills....rank farmers can probably knock 500 kills for all 5 categories out in the matter of a few hours. If you did 1 account per day you'd have 1,400 crates essentially. Sure they'd all be on different accounts...but if transfers were open to alt accounts you might as well give the main acc all of those crates. SO....why buy ZP when you can farm so many crates?

In other words...it's a horrible business model for Z8 and I highly doubt they or the Devs would allow such a policy for a feature like this to happen.

And of course there will always be ways around it....but preventing direct alt to main transfers and placing a transfer limit would certainly slow it way down.
    Then like Andrew brought up....while it's no reason for us to NOT have nice things...imagine your account gets hacked....if there's no limits or restrictions you could wake up and find yourself (if you even get access back to your account) without any of your ZP weapons all being transferred to the main account of whom ever hacked you. If a restriction preventing an account with the same IP or MAC Address associated with each other so that they couldn't transfer weapons would certainly slow down that process considerably as would transfer limits.

Of course if you make it so you can only trade Duplicates...then that alone would cut down a lot of issues in itself. As like was stated earlier, not many people win duplicates from just doing events. Especially not within a single event.

well, i do get your point in that, but hasnt farming always been against the rules and terms of crossfire? yes obv. if you do something that is not allowed you get a benefit from it.

and to get around the point with accounts getting "hacked" a simple email confirmation would take care of that. - still dont get how ppl get their accs "hacked" w/o giving their information away, but thats a diff story.

and IMO the easy gun for gun trade shouldnt be added, cuz in that case z8 will loose money from ppl not buying crates anymore. they should simply add "sell" and "buy"
    f.e. u want to sell your awm camo(perm) you have to pick your own price. somewhere between 25k zp and 500kzp. Z8 games then would take a % of the weapons cost if somebody bought it, you would then receive lets say 22500zp (u sold it for 25k) you can either spend that money on items. or go ahead and buy more zp, so you can buy your awm red dragon of of your alt account, but then again, there is a few.
    In that way trading between your alts and main, still forces you to purchase zp, wich z8 will benefit from.

or, they add something, that only allows players to directly "trade" guns, if the item(s) you want to trade, are WON atleast 1 year ago. this will prevent the "event farm" since even if u farm the events on 5 accounts, and win 10zp weapons, you would have to wait a year to trade them "for free" (note. you would still be able to sell them)
  • Milfie_DOT wrote: »
    well, i do get your point in that, but hasnt farming always been against the rules and terms of crossfire? yes obv. if you do something that is not allowed you get a benefit from it.

and to get around the point with accounts getting "hacked" a simple email confirmation would take care of that. - still dont get how ppl get their accs "hacked" w/o giving their information away, but thats a diff story.

and IMO the easy gun for gun trade shouldnt be added, cuz in that case z8 will loose money from ppl not buying crates anymore. they should simply add "sell" and "buy"
    f.e. u want to sell your awm camo(perm) you have to pick your own price. somewhere between 25k zp and 500kzp. Z8 games then would take a % of the weapons cost if somebody bought it, you would then receive lets say 22500zp (u sold it for 25k) you can either spend that money on items. or go ahead and buy more zp, so you can buy your awm red dragon of of your alt account, but then again, there is a few.
    In that way trading between your alts and main, still forces you to purchase zp, wich z8 will benefit from.

or, they add something, that only allows players to directly "trade" guns, if the item(s) you want to trade, are WON atleast 1 year ago. this will prevent the "event farm" since even if u farm the events on 5 accounts, and win 10zp weapons, you would have to wait a year to trade them "for free" (note. you would still be able to sell them)

Ehhh no. Farming is not against any CF rules, you can check Terms&Cons to confirm that. They did what they did on previous events because they wanted to exclude people from earning free prizes from a loophole they themself created and them decided it's against the rules to look for the smartest way to get benefits from a free event. Let's be REAL honest here.

GM's have clearly said on previous times that farming is allowed as long as you do not use any 3rd party assistance on it and it's you wasting your time bumping your kills/EXP points. New GM's noticed they f****d up on the hs event by leaving so much room for farming and then proceded to rule out everyone who outsmarted them, period.

Back on topic, I agree with you on the email confirmation thing, is very simple to link your account to your email and notify you when something fishy is going on with your account. Maybe they could make it so you could only trade once a month/year worst case scenario, or making you have to confirm the trade through an email and then wait a few days in case you change your mind.

I don't see that selling/buying idea very appealing to Z8 as I could easily sell my all ZP weapon, gather up some free ZP and then buy VIP without spending a dime, and we all know that's not exactly good bussiness for them