A Humble Request

Hello GM's
Firstly, thank you for your involvement in the community and bringing us events that we actually have fun playing and listening to our opinions and requests, I'm sure everyone has noticed that. I would like to make a request to please display our total amount of hours played into Crossfire on our accounts. Every big game does it and it's just nice to track our game time, I have heard rumors that this feature use to be a part of Crossfire before and if that is true please bring it back.

I would also like to know the community's opinion on this request, who else wants Crossfire to display their total amount of hours played?

Comments

• I have heard rumors that this feature use to be a part of Crossfire before and if that is true please bring it back.
    It wasn't a feature of the game itself, but of XFire. When you open CF while on Xfire it would track the hours you spend playing the game and it displayed the time on your profile pretty much like Steam does.
  • I wouldn't mind this. Something along the lines of what steam does in tracking time played would be nice. However, I think what would be nicer would be a "Time Played" feature that shows when you are about to exit the game how much time you spent IN matches that day. Kinda like how it shows how many kills, deaths, etc.

Also since we're talking about time...a server clock on client and somewhere in game would be nice.
  • The program "Raptr" actually tells you the number of hours you have played on CrossFire and if you were in the top 10% or 50% of the active player base.

However, the new anti-cheat system doesn't accept this feature which Raptr has to offer and detects it as a hack. So you have to have this feature turned off in order to play CrossFire.
  • LawyerSim wrote: »
    It wasn't a feature of the game itself, but of XFire. When you open CF while on Xfire it would track the hours you spend playing the game and it displayed the time on your profile pretty much like Steam does.
    abel95 wrote: »
    The program "Raptr" actually tells you the number of hours you have played on CrossFire and if you were in the top 10% or 50% of the active player base.

The problem with those Software's or any other that is not part of Crossfire will not record in Game time correctly as it records Active time which also includes being A.F.K in lobby.
    Ixith wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind this. Something along the lines of what steam does in tracking time played would be nice. However, I think what would be nicer would be a "Time Played" feature
    Also since we're talking about time...a server clock on client and somewhere in game would be nice.

Agree about Crossfire Feature that record actual In Game "Matches" Time played in total rather than Lobby time. This will benefit us all when we have events that require Such amount of time" to complete task. Also can be used as Evidence of Time played if tracker has issues.

As for the In Game Time Server Time, I already mentioned that to one of the GMs through support and they said they passed it to the right department. We never know when we will get it, if we ever do. This Time would benefit all of us for events that start at a specific EDT or EST as we can look in Lobby where the Time would be located when implemented. We used to have Time location on the Crossfire Launcher until CF 2.0 came removed.

Yes +1 for Time tracker in Game profile section and +1 for Lobby Server time.
  • Moved to suggestions.

Thanks for that, I totally forgot there was a suggestion section. haha
  • The problem with those Software's or any other that is not part of Crossfire will not record in Game time correctly as it records Active time which also includes being A.F.K in lobby.

Agree about Crossfire Feature that record actual In Game "Matches" Time played in total rather than Lobby time. This will benefit us all when we have events that require Such amount of time" to complete task. Also can be used as Evidence of Time played if tracker has issues.

As for the In Game Time Server Time, I already mentioned that to one of the GMs through support and they said they passed it to the right department. We never know when we will get it, if we ever do. This Time would benefit all of us for events that start at a specific EDT or EST as we can look in Lobby where the Time would be located when implemented. We used to have Time location on the Crossfire Launcher until CF 2.0 came removed.

Yes +1 for Time tracker in Game profile section and +1 for Lobby Server time.
    Yea that's definitely a plus for sure, but I was more on the line of thinking of displaying ALREADY played time since account creation date. And the new Razer Cortex app also tracks how many hours you have played on crossfire in total but it only starts registering once you actually download the program.

P.S Sorry for the Double Post, I always comment before reading the entire section xD
  • Yea that's definitely a plus for sure, but I was more on the line of thinking of displaying ALREADY played time since account creation date. And the new Razer Cortex app also tracks how many hours you have played on crossfire in total but it only starts registering once you actually download the program.

Hmm, I would disagree to the point of having Time displayed since creation of the Account. There is no use to having that data. What would you do with that? Example Displayed as you said say you played 5 hours a day based on let's say 28 days in any given month (other months different longer days, but we will say 28 days for all months "Simplicity") example. 28x5 = 140hr a month x 12 "months" =1,680 hours, now let's say the account is 9 years old 1,680 x 9 years = 15,120 hours played. What will you do with that data? No purpose.

****However Daily In Game play time would have purpose "Events"****Sorry -1 for account creation play time to current date. +1 Daily In Game Time played.
  • Hmm, I would disagree to the point of having Time displayed since creation of the Account. There is no use to having that data. What would you do with that? Example Displayed as you said say you played 5 hours a day based on let's say 28 days in any given month (other months different longer days, but we will say 28 days for all months "Simplicity") example. 28x5 = 140hr a month x 12 "months" =1,680 hours, now let's say the account is 9 years old 1,680 x 9 years = 15,120 hours played. What will you do with that data? No purpose.

What would I do with the knowledge of my total time put into CF since starting? Probably drown in a large pool of tears upon realizing just how much time i've wasted on this game. Either that or use it as motivation to get on less and do something else when I find free time. That being said...can't say I haven't enjoyed the time on this game here and there...but...I think we'd all have been better off had we not invested so much time in it...

but none the less and with more seriousness it would be interesting to see just how much time we have invested on a whole regardless of such a statistics usefulness.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    What would I do with the knowledge of my total time put into CF since starting? Probably drown in a large pool of tears upon realizing just how much time i've wasted on this game.

LMAO :) Better not to find out :P Truth hurts :D
  • I don't see a point of total hours, but certain games I've played will send system messages per login, such as, "You've been playing for 3 hours, take a break" (i.e. Maple Story). While I typically just ignored the messages, I did think highly of the game for encouraging players to take a break.

Too bad NA server doesn't have enough players as it is, hah.
  • abel95 wrote: »
    The program "Raptr" actually tells you the number of hours you have played on CrossFire and if you were in the top 10% or 50% of the active player base.

However, the new anti-cheat system doesn't accept this feature which Raptr has to offer and detects it as a hack. So you have to have this feature turned off in order to play CrossFire.
    Abel? from what i get is only those really active players will be told in that software u mention? how about those not active alot, or thier day was a family busy or working more that usually or something is that make them out of the software? lel
    i agree with this +1
    and we need even the timer in side the site and game, i already hate this est time, and why cause thanks to summer time of +1 or -1 increase of hours, even if u give me link to see est time i dont get it and dont understand it, and all time i forget the different between est time and hour time, cause thanks to +1 or -1 hour already :D
  • RiceTurtle wrote: »
    I don't see a point of total hours, but certain games I've played will send system messages per login, such as, "You've been playing for 3 hours, take a break" (i.e. Maple Story). While I typically just ignored the messages, I did think highly of the game for encouraging players to take a break.

Too bad NA server doesn't have enough players as it is, hah.

take a break, omg didnt know that game saying that, i just hear about the game in my old ages from some old forum friends in time i was playing alot of YuGiOh with, wow how they care about we take break already, such very nice and kind move, i wish if its here as well, ya better if we have login time and play time and idle time in info or something like that +1 agree to
  • +1 I would love to see how many hours I've played this game then cry myself to sleep over how much I could have accomplished if I didn't spend that long playing games.

That being said I doubt it could be backdated to the creation of my account.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    What would I do with the knowledge of my total time put into CF since starting? Probably drown in a large pool of tears upon realizing just how much time i've wasted on this game. Either that or use it as motivation to get on less and do something else when I find free time. That being said...can't say I haven't enjoyed the time on this game here and there...but...I think we'd all have been better off had we not invested so much time in it...

but none the less and with more seriousness it would be interesting to see just how much time we have invested on a whole regardless of such a statistics usefulness.

Basically this, It's just a statistic. I have always wondered how much time I have put into this game since 2010 and it gives me something to brag to my friends about where my life has been spent.