CrossFire 2v2 Ghost Mode Tournament *UPDATED*

UPDATED THREAD: Since the threadmaker of the other thread is MIA, I'll make the necessary changes with this one

TOURNAMENT TYPE
Double Elimination: What this means is that you are not automatically removed from the tournament on your first initial loss. Instead you move down to the losers bracket where you are given a second chance to fight against other losers to make it back to the top.

TOURNAMENT SIZE
We are currently at 24/24 teams. However there is a Waiting List. You may still sign up but a spot is not guaranteed. In the event that a team drops out, you will be entered into the tournament in their place.

TOURNAMENT DATE
February 10th, 11th and 12th

TOURNAMENT START TIME
Teams are expected to be in-game AND on discord at 7PM EST

TOURNAMENT SERVER LOCATION
The games will be played in North America 3 Channel 5

TOURNAMENT ROOM NAME
The overseers who make the room will name it "2v2: [team name] vs. [team name]"

TOURNAMENT RULES

ALLOWED WEAPON LIST
The PUG Rules are still in effect, set your bags before you start the game to avoid any penalties.

ROUNDS
Each side is going to play a 7 round game, you will play the full game as opposed to leaving when it's 3-4, 5-2 etc.

MAP ROTATION

Round

Winning Bracket

Losers Bracket

Round 1 / Losers Round 1

Tranquility

Laboratory

Round 2 / Losers Round 2

Laboratory

Nightfall

Round 3 / Losers Round 3

Hakenreuz

Semifinals / Losers Round 4

Metro

Losers Round 5

Bio Facility

Losers Round 6

Complex

Grand Finals

Both teams will ban maps(between Lab, Haken, Metro, Complex, Bio, Tranq, and Nightfall) until they are left with only map to choose from

DISQUALIFICATION CRITERIA
  • If you fail to show up for your match without prior notice, you will be given a Loss. If you cannot show up at the specified time, but your opponent is fine with rescheduling, you MUST notify us first.
  • In the event of you breaking any given rule, you will be given a first warning, followed by a second warning on the second occurrence of the offense and finally a disqualification following the third occurrence of the offense. This number is not specific to just one offense, i.e, breaking the rule same rule three times; if you break any of the given rules consecutively three times, you are disqualified.
  • During the event of your FIRST disconnection, both teams are expected to take a screenshot then leave the game. You are given 5 minutes to rejoin, if you do not make it back in-time, your teammate may either choose to forfeit or play 1v2. During your SECOND disconnection and onwards, the other team is not required to leave, and your teammate may once again choose to forfeit or play 1v2.
  • The use of macros, hacks and glitches of any nature will result in an automatic disqualification from this tournament and any future tournaments hosted by us.
  • If you fail to send in your MOSS files to one of your overseers after you have WON, you will be forced to do a rematch. However, it is mandatory that you send in your MOSS files regardless of your result.

RESCHEDULING YOUR MATCH

In the event that you/your team is unable to attend your match, please notify the administrating staff of the tournament immediately. Additionally, to reschedule your match, your opposition must also agree to rescheduling and a new date and time will be chosen to the compliance of both parties. In the case that the other party does not agree to reschedule, the hands are tied and there is little that can be done. The date, time and schedule for the tournament are placed beforehand and it is your responsibility to see that it matches with your own schedule.

ANTI-CHEAT

Yes, we are going to be using an anti-cheat in this tournament to avoid any foul play. The anti-cheat in question we will be using is MOSS. It is in everyones best interest to visit the website and do a quick read about the anti-cheat so we can all be on the same page regarding it's use and how to actually get it running. You can download moss using this direct link.

TIE BREAKER

In the event of a tie breaker, one additional game of three rounds(on each side) will be played with the winner of this game moving on in the bracket.

OVERSEERS

If you stream, have a clean history in Ghost Mode, and are available during the tourney days, hit us up to become an overseer

STREAM

To avoid ghosting and other issues, spectating is disallowed but a stream with a slight delay will be available. This area will be updated when we find a suitable commentator and streamer.

Current Streamers:

If you would like to also stream or would be interested in doing co-commentary please let us know by contacting us through PM on either the forums or the discord channel.

REGISTRATION & BRACKET INFO

REGISTRATION

To register for the tournament simply post in this thread with the following format:

EXAMPLE
Team Name: People who are bussies

1) iPhoenixi
2) supDawg?

In the event that you are interested in playing in the tournament but lack a partner: please hop on our Discord Channel and join the #twovtwo text channel to begin your journey to find your soul mate.

BRACKET

We are using challonge.com as our bracket orginzation platform.

We will be updating it with actual teams as they register on the thread. Screenshots and replay files may also be uploaded to the brackets attachment section following a match conclusion as free resources to help improve the Ghost Mode Community.

The participating teams are entered into the brackets as they are registered but after the competition of the list, the seeds are randomized and thus, so are the match ups.

View the Bracket

F.A.Q

Who is hosting this tournament?

The CrossFire Ghost Mode Discord Team

Who organizes these tournaments?

Depado

These tournaments are great, is there a way I can contribute?

We're always looking for help so we can more efficiently run the tournaments. Furthermore, we're also looking for donations to help increase both the frequency of the tournaments and the prize pool. Contact us through the discord channel to see where and how you can fit into the picture.

Where do I show up at 4:00 PM PST to begin the tournament?

The Discord Channel Join the TWOvTWO lobby. Also, go to NA3 Ch5 in-game.

Do I need a mic?

No, but it's preferred if at least one of two teammates has a mic.

How long will the tournament last?

The plan is February 10th-February 12th

Will only one game be played a time?

No, three to four games will be run concurrently each handled by a separate overseer. Only selected games will be streamed

What weapons/items/characters am I allowed to use?

We are following the P.U.G. rulesets, please take a look at what's available by visiting the thread.

My partner can't make it anymore, can I change my partner?

You are free to change your partner up till the the registration close date which is the midnight of the day before the tournament matches begin.

What about subs, can I have a sub if my partner dips on the day of the match?

No. You may either forfeit or play the game 1v2

Comments

• iSkorn wrote: »
    Is this still going to be streamed?
    I will most likely be streaming while I overseer matches. There will be up to 3 matches being played out at the same time, so hopefully we'll have a stream for each match between Roggireck, 88werdna, Infernoplex, and I.
    NOTES

The first match starts at 4PM PST Try to show up in the Discord channel at least 20-30 minutes prior, which brings me to:

2. Join the Discord channel to participate. You don't need to have Discord open while you play, we just need you in for accountability, organization, etc before we begin. https://discord.gg/VtyZ5dX.

3. Download MOSS and learn how to use it. It's super easy to use and is required during your game. After each match, send your MOSS zip file to one of the admins on Discord (Depado, FrozenPizza, Infernoplex).

4. Please remind your friends that they're playing a GM tourney tomorrow. No shows are inevitable, but too many people dropping out of the tourney may affect the prize pool.

5. Tourney rules follow PUG rules. Read the thread linked in the first post or join our Discord server to familiarize yourself with the ruleset we will be using for the tourney.

Good luck, everyone. The official bracket is located in the main post of this thread. What results are you predicting?

EDIT: I meant 4PM PST.

• iSkorn wrote: »
    Is this still going to be streamed?

Internet pending xD
  • DAY 2 STARTS TODAY!
    Don't forget to show up at 7 pm EST

check : http://challonge.com/2v2GMtourney to see who you're up against today.
  • DAY 3 B O I S
    Hoping it's the last and final day

check : http://challonge.com/2v2GMtourney to see who you're up against today.

Matches might start earlier than usual today so get on discord to make sure you know what the plan is
  • With 7 games left to play, we're gonna move the tournament to next weekend.

Get on discord for further details regarding times and dates.
  • Are you doing multiple games at once ? It would be nice if you could line them up to get a better (longer) stream with less delays. If everyone knows the order you can be ready for your match as you just watched the one before yours end.
  • Are you doing multiple games at once ? It would be nice if you could line them up to get a better (longer) stream with less delays. If everyone knows the order you can be ready for your match as you just watched the one before yours end.

Got only 4 more games left to play so it's not like we can play multiple games at once because the next game depends on the previous result at this point. PinPoint Gods vs. The dream is scheduled to happen at 11:30pm EST tonight, then the winner will face gayboys after, the winner from that faces Pain tomorrow, and that winner will face LEXA in the Grand Finals after.
  • Dang man. Save the stream I have to work at 5 =(
  • maybe if iphoenixi ran this tourny it wouldve been over by now. srsly how long this gonna take i wanna know who won :c
  • The tournament successfully concluded, a bit rocky here and there but eventually we got it done! The length of the tournament ended up being very time consuming lasting nearly a week.

That being said, congrats to the winners! The results for the tournament can be seen here: http://challonge.com/2v2GMtourney

Winners
    First, second and third place go to:

Pain

LEXA

the dream

Top nine teams
    1. LEXA
    2. Pain
    3. the dream
    4. gayboys
    5. PinPoint G0DS
    6. S&M Addicts
    7. Beauty&Beast
    8. Madolche
    9. coldworld

Please leave your thoughts on who performed really well or who under-performed (Yash and Infernoplex for example).

Please note that all participants took part in our anti-cheat test and all players are clean, we have a very fun and fair tournament, thank you all for participating and see you guys next time!
  • When our top teams nelsonboyz got rekt both first rounds of winner and loser bracket. gayboys and Aversionerds in general spent more time trying to disqualify other contestants than playing. flexaa tried her best just to get another 2nd place in a row (after winning the winner bracket no less). GG tourney, many thanks to god Pado, Mr.Frozen and (somewhat) Infernoplex who got this all done successfully despite many problems.
  • Tourney was hyped in the beginning then started getting dull when some dumb asses didn't show up (coughhydracoughflextmzcoughevilmonkeyteamcoughetc....cough) and others getting caught cheating (coughscoutcough). Also the brackets were unfair BY ALL AND EVERY MEAN. Had so much fun competing although I didn't really make it that far. I think that gayboys suck as a team in general and that if both found other partners they would probably make it much further than they did together.(or just try to find a better excuse than it was terry's birthday and I didn't try heheheh =]) As for nelsonboyz, they did really poorly and I was so disappointed :(. Team macro obviously did not deserve first place for obviously macoing duhhh. Team LEXA did really good in every game except the last one and deserved that 2nd place. PinPointG0DS were really pretty much the tourney's mvt, they did really well and deserved much better. All other teams are basically suckers that got easy brackets.

SHOUTOUT TO DEPADO FOR THE $$$$$$$$
  • ' wrote:
    l[atinshot;4438104']top nine teams

coldworld

wowoowowow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gratzzzz
  • When our top teams nelsonboyz got rekt both first rounds of winner and loser bracket. gayboys and Aversionerds in general spent more time trying to disqualify other contestants than playing. flexaa tried her best just to get another 2nd place in a row (after winning the winner bracket no less). GG tourney, many thanks to god Pado, Mr.Frozen and (somewhat) Infernoplex who got this all done successfully despite many problems.

i didnt dq any1 u little THE ADMINS DQD THE TEAMS sorry half of u didnt read the rules and wanted to smurf when it was specifically forbid since its only a 2v2 tourny

performed well: mingler
    underperformed: crude heard he choked expected them in top 3
  • lBanned wrote: »
    i didnt dq any1 u little MY TEAMMATE DQD THE TEAMS sorry half of u didnt read the rules and wanted to smurf when it was specifically forbid since its only a 2v2 tourny

performed well: yashxanarchy

looks better
    i didnt dq any1 u little THE ADMINS DQD THE TEAMS sorry half of u didnt read the rules and wanted to smurf when it was specifically forbid since its only a 2v2 tourny

performed well: mingler

Lmao masta I didnt say anything about u u should see Aversionerds' activity on discord $$$$ everyone became detectives including me hhhhhh
    maybe if iphoenixi ran this tourny it wouldve been over by now. srsly how long this gonna take i wanna know who won :c

I don't see how Phoenix or anyone else hosting wouldve changed it other than dqing everyone that didnt show on time. We would've done that, but I couldn't fault teams due to us starting late because we had no overseers. Last tournament that Phoenix and I hosted had the same issues, can't physically force people to read rules or log in on time.

When GM Discord hosts another one (GP Tourney anyone?), there will be much more planning and we won't be as lenient as we've been.
  • They were not the only ones dq'ing the no shows.