Improvements to GM Live Stream!

1. Use Facebook live. You guys have over 2 millions likes on your Facebook page. Use this to your advantage and stream the GM Events on Facebook aswell as streaming it on Twitch.

DcKMSWu.png?1

2. Show the event banner when talking about different events.

Here is a example that I quickly made:

bCEeYFi.png

3. When switching to a overlay to cover the game so it's hidden, show the event banner to remind players of the current events. Better than looking at a CrossFire wallpaper.

These are my suggestions and please leave your feedback if you have any! :)

Comments

• abel95 wrote: »
    1. Use Facebook live. You guys have over 2 millions likes on your Facebook page. Use this to your advantage and stream the GM Events on Facebook aswell as streaming it on Twitch.
    2. Show the event banner when talking about different events.
    3. When switching to a overlay to cover the game so it's hidden, show the event banner to remind players of the current events. Better than looking at a CrossFire wallpaper.

These are my suggestions and please leave your feedback if you have any! :)

1. This is something we can look into, and has been briefly mentioned in the past in possible avenues to use social media with.
    2. We do this most of the time, or at least we attempt to. Sometimes things get carried away.
    3. Not a bad idea at all, and I will mention it to the others.
  • 1. This is something we can look into, and has been briefly mentioned in the past in possible avenues to use social media with.
    2. We do this most of the time, or at least we attempt to. Sometimes things get carried away.
    3. Not a bad idea at all, and I will mention it to the others.

Thanks for the feedback, [GM]Kanadian. If you need any help with creating those images which showcase all the events then I'm pretty sure one of the MODs will be willing to help. If not, you can always go and ask one of the CFDB members. If all fails, I will be willing to do them for free as long as I get a week notice in advance. lol

I appreciate you taking the time to mention it to the other GMs. Thanks again! :o
  • RIP Me. Got carried away with something else and forgot about today's stream...

Anyways....if you do end up using Facebook's Live Stream and do give aways there and if it in fact boosts viewership....i'm going to have to suggest to either give away more codes or find a better way of doing codes because as it is with 200-500 people on twitch the codes go away instantly....if you get 1000+ it'll be insane.

But I would suggest doing more with CF Facebook page. Maybe you could implement a 'Facebook Friday Freebie' as well where you post a code that can only be redeemed once per account and gives a GM crate. Consider it a perk of following CF:NA/UK on Facebook?
  • Number 2 was something which they used to do in the past though. I remember seeing 9 banners at one time.

Here's what I mean untill I find the 9 banners one

nodtcTP.png
  • svanced wrote: »
    Number 2 was something which they used to do in the past though. I remember seeing 9 banners at one time.

Here's what I mean untill I find the 9 banners one

nodtcTP.png
    Aww I was just a little baby GM back then!
  • Ixith wrote: »
    RIP Me. Got carried away with something else and forgot about today's stream...Anyways....if you do end up using Facebook's Live Stream and do give aways there and if it in fact boosts viewership....i'm going to have to suggest to either give away more codes or find a better way of doing codes because as it is with 200-500 people on twitch the codes go away instantly....if you get 1000+ it'll be insane. But I would suggest doing more with CF Facebook page. Maybe you could implement a 'Facebook Friday Freebie' as well where you post a code that can only be redeemed once per account and gives a GM crate. Consider it a perk of following CF:NA/UK on Facebook?
    Sounds like a solid idea to me! +1
  • Aww I was just a little baby GM back then!

aww ,and look at you now! xD

Found the 9 banners one! Dated March 18th 2016

RAjIAtG.jpg
  • svanced wrote: »
    aww ,and look at you now! xD

Found the 9 banners one! Dated March 18th 2016

[IMG][/IMG]

Yeah, I can also remember those streams but why have they stopped doing this? I know sometimes the work can get overloaded but there are people who are willing to help the GMs if needed. The last stream which showed the event banners were date all of the way back in April 2016.

I always found that showing those event banners during the stream was very helpful. Not only to myself but to other players too.

Anyway, I do hope they bring them back.
  • They need to:

•Put the cameras in the corner and make them the same size.
    •Put the names of the GMs on top and make them the same size too.
    •Start the stream around 5 minutes before and put a countdown, every time they start the stream they are already talking about other stuff and us (viewers) miss some of it.
    •Talk more.
    •Effects needs to organize his bags. Use more (different) weapons.

I am not hating on the stream, just some things I think they could do better.
  • iDupree_ wrote: »
    They need to:

•Start the stream around 5 minutes before and put a countdown, every time they start the stream they are already talking about other stuff and us (viewers) miss some of it.
    •Talk more.

These are some solid suggestions and I agree with them.

Another suggestion which came to my mind is why not have password rooms so only twitch viewers will be able to join the rooms? This way, the rooms wouldn't get full so fast and it gives everyone a fair chance. And of course, you can kick people who already played a game before.
    These are some solid suggestions and I agree with them.

Another suggestion which came to my mind is why not have password rooms so only twitch viewers will be able to join the rooms? This way, the rooms wouldn't get full so fast and it gives everyone a fair chance. And of course, you can kick people who already played a game before.

That'd be nice, I think it would bring more viewers to the stream because they have to see it to be able to know the PW, unless they get in and invite their friends.

Here are some more stuff that I'd like to see:

•Put a background wallpaper on the facecams so that it looks more "professional." Seeing other people's desks is ehh...
    •Put other GMs on cam. *cough* Kanadian & Effects *cough*
    •Lower the Slow Mode in the chat... It's so annoying to be able to speak every 30 seconds...
    That'd be nice, I think it would bring more viewers to the stream because they have to see it to be able to know the PW, unless they get in and invite their friends.

•Put a background wallpaper on the facecams so that it looks more "professional." Seeing other people's desks is ehh...
    •Lower the Slow Mode in the chat... It's so annoying to be able to speak every 30 seconds...

I agree with all expect from:

I actually don't mind seeing Kanadian or Effects in the background... It actually makes it more fun since you sometimes see them jumping about when they get kills :p
    I actually don't mind seeing Kanadian or Effects in the background... It actually makes it more fun since you sometimes see them jumping about when they get kills :p
    I have never been on stream, I don't know what you're referring to :)
  • I have never been on stream, I don't know what you're referring to :)

Yeah... I must be talking about someone else..my bad... ;):rolleyes:

iDupree_ wrote: »
    They need to:

•Talk more.

Those are some nice ideas, instead of back ground, green screen would be nice =)