Ticket System E-Mail notification

I searched 5min and I didn't found a similar thread, so I choose to start this one ;)

On the support ticket system, could you add a small checkbox that does execute a script when you make a response? So that the player get's a simple email response, that a answer has been given. :eek:
It's a good idea and doesn't need much effort from you, just like 0,5% load of your web/mail-servers CPU :rolleyes:
Thx :D:p

Comments

• You already receive your answer via email, doesn't that make another email notification useless?
  • I didn't got one, also in the spam folder. It's censored in "My account", but it's the right one. And no, no answer yet :eek:
  • I get an auto-response mail every time I send a ticket, plus another email when they answer. Looks like you're checking the wrong email address.
  • It's 100% the right one, I have this gmail address since before it was possible to register for it lol ;)
    Then it must be a bug on my acc :( or a character or so is missing, can't see. I got the first email with the forum account details, back from 2009
  • Well you're supposed to receive at least two emails from every ticket. The auto-response saying they had received your ticket, and the one that contains their actual answer. You may request a change.
  • Okay, I send them the email address, but it looks correct inside the account :(
    Anyway thanks, I never received one, regarding tickets
  • Sweppers wrote: »
    It's 100% the right one, I have this gmail address since before it was possible to register for it lol ;)
    Then it must be a bug on my acc :( or a character or so is missing, can't see. I got the first email with the forum account details, back from 2009

I can confirm I'm getting the e-mail notifications, so not sure why you aren't :( Sounds like you already sent a support ticket, so hopefully they can assist with figuring out what's going on.

However, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you didn't use another email address just yet, especially since if you did use another email address, you simply need to check that email. Try to think if you ever made another Crossfire account, so you did actually use a new, but very similar, email address? Plus, better to figure out this now than later when you actually need your email to recover your account (fingers crossed you never need to though).

Hope you get your issue resolved. But I agree, it is indeed helpful getting e-mail notifications. :o
  • Looking back through my Emails, I realize I too have never received one concerning support tickets. Not that I personally care as I'd find it redundant and a waste of an email as if I know I have a pending ticket i tend to check in on it every so often throughout the day or two if I know it's during work hours for support. That and I check that email less than these forums now. lol

I wonder if you have to, for some reason, have subscriptions turned on to receive the email notifications on Support Ticket status? would seem weird to me...but maybe it uses the same emailer system as the subscription thing. (mine is turned off, which could explain no emails)
  • Ixith wrote: »
    Looking back through my Emails, I realize I too have never received one concerning support tickets. Not that I personally care as I'd find it redundant and a waste of an email as if I know I have a pending ticket i tend to check in on it every so often throughout the day or two if I know it's during work hours for support. That and I check that email less than these forums now. lol

I wonder if you have to, for some reason, have subscriptions turned on to receive the email notifications on Support Ticket status? would seem weird to me...but maybe it uses the same emailer system as the subscription thing. (mine is turned off, which could explain no emails)

Aren't you rather talking about the email notification when receiving a forum PM?
  • RiceTurtle wrote: »
    Plus, better to figure out this now than later when you actually need your email to recover your account (fingers crossed you never need to though).

I will never have to do this as I will only login on my own devices and I am not stupid enogh to get a keylogger, trojan or so.... The acc is safe, I use a unique password not used elsewhere. Cf circulates in my blood xD
    RiceTurtle wrote: »
    I can confirm I'm getting the e-mail notifications, so not sure why you aren't :( Sounds like you already sent a support ticket, so hopefully they can assist with figuring out what's going on.

However, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you didn't use another email address just yet, especially since if you did use another email address, you simply need to check that email. Try to think if you ever made another Crossfire account, so you did actually use a new, but very similar, email address? Plus, better to figure out this now than later when you actually need your email to recover your account (fingers crossed you never need to though).

Hope you get your issue resolved. But I agree, it is indeed helpful getting e-mail notifications. :o

Okay thanks, it's good to know that you all get your. And I swear that it's nothing inside the spam folder :o Google would never mark a email containing "CrossFire" as spam, on my account LOL
    And yes, I did send this to the support. I never changed the email, just the password for better one.
  • Danah wrote: »
    Aren't you rather talking about the email notification when receiving a forum PM?

no, i'm talking about when you go to your Z8 account and below where it has your email it says NewsLetter: Subscribed/Unsubscribed option. My Forum settings are also turned off to the exception of if an Admin goes to send me an email they can. But PM related emails are off. And my Thread update subscription is turned off as well.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    no, i'm talking about when you go to your Z8 account and below where it has your email it says NewsLetter: Subscribed/Unsubscribed option. My Forum settings are also turned off to the exception of if an Admin goes to send me an email they can. But PM related emails are off. And my Thread update subscription is turned off as well.

Same here, I turned them all off. Yet I still receive ticket emails.
  • LOL they said that some informations I sent was incorrect. Does someone else know, at what minute I did register 7 years before? hhahahaha
    The best proof that it's me is my ping. I am connected at the last third subnetwork. Internal latency 2,5ms, resulting 15ms when playing. When the server like me at the moment, of course xD
  • Anyway to change your hotmail on an account if you only know the old hotmail, date creation and couple old passwords? I don't have access to that hotmail password wise anymore.
  • Sweppers wrote: »
    LOL they said that some informations I sent was incorrect. Does someone else know, at what minute I did register 7 years before? hhahahaha
    The best proof that it's me is my ping. I am connected at the last third subnetwork. Internal latency 2,5ms, resulting 15ms when playing. When the server like me at the moment, of course xD

i dont know about you...but i do know that I received my registration email on Friday January 7th 2011 at 7:51PM EST

I'm kind of curious what they'd have to say about why i'm not receiving those emails...but I also don't want those emails...so not gonna bother them with a support ticket cause then i'd probably get those emails. x]
  • I give it up. Not even this you can do

@z8: Here is another proof. The support team is 100% useless, I wrote 2 years before. Why is this a proof? Simple, because you deleted it, as you will do the same with this post.