Donation Perks, Donation Ribbon

It has been suggested many times before unsuccessful, but I really believe donation perks should be implemented in CF, so I will give it a try once again.
Each player should have a donation rank which gives him a specific discount when buying ZP.

This is how it works:

Ranks

Begginer: Donated more than 10$ (30day bulletproof armor [or any other timed item] with every recharge)
Contributor: Donated more than 100$ (5% extra ZP with every recharge)
Supporter: Donated more than 500$ (10% extra ZP with every recharge)
Veteran: Donated more than 1.000$ (20% extra ZP with every recharge)

Those ranks could also be addded as a new ribbon or replace the already existing ZP soldier ribbon.
This is an example I made using paint (don't judge my paint skills blez, it was made in just 2 mins :p )

Untitled_zpswfdyic6w.png

Opinions? I would love to get some feedback from you guys.

Comments

• That's quite a nice idea, but the rewards you're suggesting there are way too much.
  • Danah wrote: »
    That's quite a nice idea, but the rewards you're suggesting there are way too much.

The GMs will determine the exact rewards, so the numbers don't really matter anyways. The main concept is to reward the players who support this game appropriately.
  • When you say donation, do you mean we are actually donating to Z8 out of the kindness of our hearts or do you mean "donation" as in buying ZP. (When I think donation, I'm thinking like donation to the Red Cross). I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly, because if I'm merely donating money for free, that's never going to happen (since Z8 is a business and not a non-profit organization).

I'm going to assume you mean reward for buying ZP and give my 2 cents: I think it would be great to be rewarded for player's loyalty to Z8 0.0 I think it would also provide an incentive for people to recharge ZP, so there is inc drive for Z8 to approve this.

From a player's perspective it takes a lot of hard work for people to earn money to spend in the game. Some people are lucky to have money whenever they want it, but most of us either have a job that earned the money, saved up allowance money, or did chores to earn that money. To be rewarded with a 5% (and/or higher) loyalty discount is a nice "thank you".

I'm not entirely sure about the ribbon or badge though. As you guys may know since I black out my ZP amount in screenshots (which cause some questions about why I did that), I like certain information to be kept private. But that's just me. I wouldn't mind a private tracker though :3
  • RiceTurtle wrote: »
    When you say donation, do you mean we are actually donating to Z8 out of the kindness of our hearts or do you mean "donation" as in buying ZP. (When I think donation, I'm thinking like donation to the Red Cross). I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly, because if I'm merely donating money for free, that's never going to happen (since Z8 is a business and not a non-profit organization).

I'm going to assume you mean reward for buying ZP and give my 2 cents: I think it would be great to be rewarded for player's loyalty to Z8 0.0 I think it would also provide an incentive for people to recharge ZP, so there is inc drive for Z8 to approve this.

From a player's perspective it takes a lot of hard work for people to earn money to spend in the game. Some people are lucky to have money whenever they want it, but most of us either have a job that earned the money, saved up allowance money, or did chores to earn that money. To be rewarded with a 5% (and/or higher) loyalty discount is a nice "thank you".

I'm not entirely sure about the ribbon or badge though. As you guys may know since I black out my ZP amount in screenshots (which cause some questions about why I did that), I like certain information to be kept private. But that's just me. I wouldn't mind a private tracker though :3

Well, buying ZP is indded considered donation as long they own your account and they have the privilege to close the game and stop providing service whenever they want according to the ToS. Practically you own nothing.
    Thanks for the feedback.
  • nice idea. but. in case of me i would get permanent 20% extra.
    imagine i spent per month 200-300$ that would be a big loose for z8games.

80$ - 100k zp
    320$ - 400k zp * 20% = 80k bonus zp
    80k * 12 month = 960k bonus zp per year.
    nevermind that they will do it. but it was a nice dream :)
  • K4ZR4G0R3 wrote: »
    It has been suggested many times before unsuccessful, but I really believe donation perks should be implemented in CF, so I will give it a try once again.
    Each player should have a donation rank which gives him a specific discount when buying ZP.

This is how it works:

Ranks

Begginer: Donated more than 10$ (30day bulletproof armor [or any other timed item] with every recharge) maybe randomize it between useful ZP items. Bags 5-7, Bullet proof, fall damage down, Mutation characters, Unlimited ZM mag etc etc
    Contributor: Donated more than 100$ (5% extra ZP with every recharge) no zp yet. however, maybe 5% of ZP purchased you get back as EP
    Supporter: Donated more than 500$ (10% extra ZP with every recharge) On top of the 5% EP, you now get 5% zp per recharge
    Veteran: Donated more than 1.000$ (20% extra ZP with every recharge) 10% EP and 10% ZP

Those ranks could also be addded as a new ribbon or replace the already existing ZP soldier ribbon.
    This is an example I made using paint (don't judge my paint skills blez, it was made in just 2 mins :p )

Untitled_zpswfdyic6w.png

I like the idea. However, as you say the numbers are just numbers and the final, if something like this were to ever be implemented, would be up to the GMs and other staff, if not even further up the chain of command. But to discuss that option perhaps the tiers could be something like what I added to your statement in red.

Now, that'd still be VERY generous especially if it's those extra percentages are ON TOP of ZP Bonus sale amounts too. But I believe it's more accommodating if perhaps every so often the % isn't 'do it once and you've got this for life'. For example maybe you have a 6 month period (maybe even less really) in which it counts all purchases in the last 6 months and if they reach certain milestones you get certain benefits for future especially if you plan to continue buying so that you can upkeep your benefits.

another potential idea is to make it ZP that is gifted to others that grants these bonuses. That could, theoretically, increase community events/give-aways. Of course if it was gifting it's likely most people would just gift to their alts to get the needed level....though i'm sure there's ways to prevent that as well if they really wanted to.

but yea +1 for the idea.
  • But after all, this is what there were Bonus Points and the web mall for. And they were shut down for some reason.

This is how it works:

Ranks

Begginer: Donated more than 10$ (30day bulletproof armor [or any other timed item] with every recharge)
    Contributor: Donated more than 100$ (5% extra ZP with every recharge)
    Supporter: Donated more than 500$ (10% extra ZP with every recharge)
    Veteran: Donated more than 1.000$ (20% extra ZP with every recharge)

Untitled_zpswfdyic6w.png

Nice idea
    Well, buying ZP is indded considered donation as long they own your account and they have the privilege to close the game and stop providing service whenever they want according to the ToS. Practically you own nothing.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Okay, gotcha. Just a difference in terminology (you'll have to excuse me since English is my second language). I always assumed donations means money or items given to charity organizations or given to those in need 0.0

Another thought in place of the badge/ribbon: What I have seen done on other forums is that people who contribute real money get the option to input a special title for themselves (similar to how Grumpy's says 'Supreme Leader'; except we can pick what title we want, subject to certain character restrictions) or we get a unique color for their names. And like how Ixith suggested, you need to make ZP purchases during a certain period of time in order to maintain these benefits.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    This^.We own nothing here ;)