What you should've done prior to releasing m4 gold tiger crates

You should've given the people who already owned the M4 Golden Tiger and active a compensation of 200,000 ZP (or some other cool gun *hint* ak noble beast). But F all those who got the gun somehow when it was the rarest gun in the game amirite? xD

Comments

• So essentially, so I understand the suggestion, we should compensate every player that owns any weapon, every time a crate released contains said weapon?
  • So essentially, so I understand the suggestion, we should compensate every player that owns any weapon, every time a crate released contains said weapon?
    You don't understand, you're too new of a GM lol. And this is why this game is going downhill. You guys take it as a crime to give something to the players haha.

I hope you understand that re-introducing oldschool and rare weapons is basically a middlefinger to the veterans from 2009 and early 2010. Most of them already quited and this aint helping.
    These weapons should be left alone so the veterans have something unique and rare to show for their loyalty. If z8 respects their vetarans they should never ever re-add things from 2009-2010,.

Also, im very hesitant on spending zp cause I never know if the item im buying will be re-added later on for free or something. Especially after I spend money on slaughter ticket weapons, which are now easy obtainable by just logging in. And even worse: the M4 S Tiger I won from zp crates, which you can now stack for months by playing a ZM2 for a day. How would you feel if you bought a brand new headset and then a month later they give it away for free to everyone that wants it?
    This, for me, is one of the reasons why im losing trust in z8. Please think carefully about the things you add into the game.

Edit: This doesnt mean I support the suggestion of giving everyone 200k zp, but im simply voicing my opinion.

Along with the Golden Katana, they were weapons that wwere previously only owned by players who won SnD and Ghost Mode tournaments, and a few casters and moderators who got it as a gift.

But it was just released it to the public as if it were any other weapon. I know 2 people who have the Golden Katana from MoTG 2012 and the M4 tiger after winning the 2013 OCG tournament who were really mad that you guys put it in the crates and I don't blame them.
  • nGhost wrote: »
    Also, im very hesitant on spending zp cause I never know if the item im buying will be re-added later on for free or something. Especially after I spend money on slaughter ticket weapons, which are now easy obtainable by just logging in. And even worse: the M4 S Tiger I won from zp crates, which you can now stack for months by playing a ZM2 for a day. How would you feel if you bought a brand new headset and then a month later they give it away for free to everyone that wants it?

Spun for 9A91 - Xmas > They put crates as DM.
    Spun for AWM UG > They give the weapon in the login box.
    Won Shovel UG > They give the weapon in the login box.
    Bought Fox > They give the char in the login box.
    Bought Commander > They give the char in the login box.

Idk what else they'll give for free...
  • nGhost wrote: »
    I hope you understand that re-introducing oldschool and rare weapons is basically a middlefinger to the veterans from 2009 and early 2010. Most of them already quited and this aint helping.
    These weapons should be left alone so the veterans have something unique and rare to show for their loyalty. If z8 respects their vetarans they should never ever re-add things from 2009-2010,.

This, for me, is one of the reasons why im losing trust in z8. Please think carefully about the things you add into the game.

Edit: This doesnt mean I support the suggestion of giving everyone 200k zp, but im simply voicing my opinion.

Agreed. That's exactly how I felt when the m4 custom red crystal was brought to the FP mall. Its even better than my black m4 custom! I spent 80 coupons to get it, and now every one can have it with more bullets pretty much for FREE! So much for exclusivity on this game..

I really need to remind you how p1ssed the whole community was when you put the shovel red dragon into a crate?

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?317191-Regarding-the-shovel-red-dragon

You take either the "rarest guns in the game" or th "hardest guns to be get"..then you give the old player the F finger and distribute them for free

I have no idea who makes the decisions up there but they're probably doing something wrong

However , back to your question.Yes give ZP compensation to every one having m4 gold tiger & katana gold & shovel r.d =)
  • I really need to remind you how p1ssed the whole community was when you put the shovel red dragon into a crate?

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?317191-Regarding-the-shovel-red-dragon

You take either the "rarest guns in the game" or th "hardest guns to be get"..then you give the old player the F finger and distribute them for free

I have no idea who makes the decisions up there but they're probably doing something wrong

However , back to your question.Yes give ZP compensation to every one having m4 gold tiger & katana gold & shovel r.d =)
    Well if there was a higher number of players who owned m4 tiger gold before it was released as a zp crate I'm sure we would've seen riots on forum like we saw with shovel red dragon.
    Remember when we had hundreds of egys raging all over the forum, facebook, support etc. because there was a paper on the ground which they said was a Quran page? They simply had to remove it.
    What I'm trying to say is that if we have a high number of mad players things will always go in our way if it's possible for them to do so.
  • BigMB wrote: »
    Well if there was a higher number of players who owned m4 tiger gold before it was released as a zp crate I'm sure we would've seen riots on forum like we saw with shovel red dragon.
    Remember when we had hundreds of egys raging all over the forum, facebook, support etc. because there was a paper on the ground which they said was a Quran page? They simply had to remove it.
    What I'm trying to say is that if we have a high number of mad players things will always go in our way if it's possible for them to do so.

Yup, but when you screw over a relatively small amount of people apparently it doesn't matter.
  • I don't like it either that they released the M4 in a crate, but hey, they're not gonna change anything about it, since it got them quite some cash. Unless it's something about a religious paper on the ground of a certain map.
    55369129.jpg
  • I really detest when GM's re-introduce old rare's, as it devalues them. I don't even own M4 Tiger, but when I saw it come back I wasn't too happy lol, since it could happen to any other rare weapons from the SG days.

Conclusion: I much rather see new skinned weapons come-by (it's more refreshing and less offensive to investors) than re-see the same old rare BM related guns form back then, return. I hope GM's have realised that the majority of us old players agree with that and avoid it happening again in the future.
  • IGetHigh96 wrote: »
    You should've given the people who already owned the M4 Golden Tiger and active a compensation of 200,000 ZP (or some other cool gun *hint* ak noble beast). But F all those who got the gun somehow when it was the rarest gun in the game amirite? xD

You won a contest and you had the opportunity to choose any weapon from the database. Now you want some compensation or another free weapon of your choice. lol
  • There is no need for compensation, I think IGetHigh96 is exaggerating a little, lol.

Though, like I said a post prior, I agree that STAFF need to avoid bringing old weapons back (to prevent devaluing those unique weapons and offending veteran investors) and instead just bring fresh weapons.
  • abel95 wrote: »
    You won a contest and you had the opportunity to choose any weapon from the database. Now you want some compensation or another free weapon of your choice. lol
    If you owned a rare and valuable wep you would understand but you don't. The problem right there :o
    If you owned a rare and valuable wep you would understand but you don't. The problem right there :o

I'm not talking about what weapons are rare or not. I'm talking about you had two opportunity to choose ANY weapon from the database. And now you want 200K ZP compensation?

If that's the case, why not give everyone 1 million ZP? :)
    I'm not talking about what weapons are rare or not. I'm talking about you had two opportunity to choose ANY weapon from the database. And now you want 200K ZP compensation?If that's the case, why not give everyone 1 million ZP? :)
    You don't get the point. They released guns that people got from playing during 2010-11 or from events like film festival with crates to EVERYONE. Isn't that kind of a scumbag move? If it's not then what is. Abel no worries m8y your MOD will come soon but sadly will only last for a couple years before this game falls to the ground.
    You don't get the point. They released guns that people got from playing during 2010-11 or from events like film festival with crates to EVERYONE. Isn't that kind of a scumbag move? If it's not then what is. Abel no worries m8y your MOD will come soon but sadly will only last for a couple years before this game falls to the ground.

I get the point that they shouldn't re-release old weapons from 2009. I completely agree with this. However, this is not the point I was mentioning in my above posts.

The point that I was referring to is that you had two opportunities to choose any weapons from the database but since that weapon you chose got re-released, you want either another weapon or 200k ZP.

If they are going to do this for you, then why not do it for everyone? Wouldn't it be unfair if your the only one who gets another weapon or 200k ZP? If they do it for you then they would have to do it for everyone.

P.S. I'm going to highlight some words for you.
  • so I understand, we will compensate every player that owns this weapon, 200,000 Zp every time a crate released contains said weapon?[/

That is great, ZP for all who own it. thx.
    I get the point that they shouldn't re-release old weapons from 2009. I completely agree with this. However, this is not the point I was mentioning in my above posts.The point that I was referring to is that you had two opportunities to choose any weapons from the database but since that weapon you chose got re-released, you want either another weapon or 200k ZP. If they are going to do this for you, then why not do it for everyone? Wouldn't it be unfair if your the only one who gets another weapon or 200k ZP? If they do it for you then they would have to do it for everyone. P.S. I'm going to highlight some words for you.
    I get what your point is but the guns they released are guns you never see in pubs and they just released them in crates for a discounted price. There are other guns they re-released that were rare but these 2 gold guns they released (katana and m4) are the most valuable guns in the entire game. Now will you stop defending the GMs in order for you to get MOD? You will get it eventually but it's shaming seeing how you defend their blatant mistakes. You will have to get used to it if you're gonna keep doing that.
    I get what your point is but the guns they released are guns you never see in pubs and they just released them in crates for a discounted price. There are other guns they re-released that were rare but these 2 gold guns they released (katana and m4) are the most valuable guns in the entire game.

At the end of the day, this is a business and the main objective of a business is to earn as much profit they can from their products or services. The only reason why your main objective maybe different could be because your a new business which wants to survive in the market.

Now lets take this from a business standpoint. While us veterans may disapprove of bringing old rare weapons back, the new player base will disagree with us. There are probably a few factors which we might have to take in consideration such as veteran population based against new player population base. If the new player population base is higher than the veteran population base then they are going to favour in bringing back the old rare weapons.

Another factor could be how many active accounts hold one of these rare weapons at the moment. If there are fewer active accounts with those rare weapons then they are going to favour in bringing back the old rare weapons.

As you can see, I could go on and on. There are many different factors which could impact what decisions are based on and are made from.
    IGetHigh96 wrote: »
    You will get it eventually but it's shaming seeing how you defend their blatant mistakes..
    I never claimed that they were wrong or right. I just stated my opinion. In fact, I was more against the fact of bringing old weapons back as you can see in the above posts.

Also, editing your post into thinking I won't notice isn't going to work. :)
  • Pyrex, would it have been enough had Z8 just renamed the version released in crates as V2 or 2.0 or "new" or something along those lines? Because my 2 cents is that asking for ZP compensation is not truly getting to the core of your frustration. Yours (and others such as the original Golden Katana owners) frustration is the fact a weapon which previously held a significant intrinsic value (I.e. sense of pride and legacy) was lost when it became available through a means other than how it was originally obtained. Essentially, you guys would have no problems if a weapon previously available through the Black Market was re-released in a crate, because it's still obtained again through a crate, that's fair game, right?

GMs: Just wondering, how feasible is it to give weapon re-releases a different name (specifically items that were not originally obtained through a ZP Crate), while keeping the design and stats the same? I know this may be more of a question for the developers and potentially a license issue, but I wonder if renaming weapons during a re-release would be possible and if so, I personally think this is a compromise where players who want an old weapon will get it, and original owners won't mind.

tl;dr
    How about giving items that weren't originally released in ZP crates a "v2" indication by name only upon release in the Black Market? Potential compromise as it seeks to retain the intrinsic values of original version while allowing new members access to the same weapons veterans have.
  • I personally don't see any mistakes in re-releasing a weapon or a requirement to do so. First, the weapon was not one of the rarest guns in the game, however lets say it was. The only time where a weapon should not be release is if it was specifically and officially mentioned that it will never be releases again. Otherwise its completely a judgment call when and what to release any weapon.
This discussion has been closed.