A couple of fun ideas

As after many years the suggestions are being implemented in the game, causing a huge influx of ideas from users, I think it's time for me to jump into this suggestion bandwagon as well.

Some of these ideas might have been posted earlier as I'm sure they are but nonetheless-

1- Allow all SnD maps to be used for Ghost Mode. I'm telling you I'd kill to get a chance to play Ghost Mode on Eagleye and BlackWidow. I'm not sure but I think these maps were used for Ghost Mode in past, but I think I'm wrong.
2- A new Zombie Mode with a new map where 5 or more players play through the 29 waves like any other ZM map, but on the 30th wave one of the players is chosen to transform into the boss. The goal of the boss/player is to kill other players and vice versa. But this is fun because every time you played this mode you will have different experience and not the same like other ZM maps where we get bored because everything is same no matter how you play it.
3- An in-game patrol team to catch hackers and rule breakers and report them to GMs or other higher staff. Basically they won't have any power in-game or in forums, but their tickets and reports shall be considered as top priority and will be resolved promptly by staff. You can choose any of the trusted forumers or players, good samaritan ribbon holders are a good place to start.

I can't remember more and I typed these from the top of my head. I'm assuming that this thread will be moved to suggestions section, but oh well.

Comments

• Don't like the idea of an in-game patrol team. This has been suggested so many times before, and each time there were a ton of reasons against it.

Ghost Mode in S&D may be a lot of fun, but I feel like those S&D maps are way too large and don't have enough floors. If you look at current GM maps, most of them have 2 or more floors, while S&D maps most likely are limited down to one floor. Oh and they're way too bright, except for Santoria maybe, that one would be a great GM map...

I like the idea of that different ZM tho.
  • I support anything that improves GM. Honestly.
    Idm the hacking patrol thing, we could use someone in game.
    Idk about ZM, not a fan of Zm to begin with xD
  • i'm not a huge fan of ghost mode or zombie mode so i can't tell you my oppinion on that. (But the zm idea sounds really nice)

On the other hand i totally agree with the patrol team in game. Players that would have higher priority on their reports? That's a a bad-ass idea my friend, i totally agree! +1
  • Though I never touch ghost mode, I think your idea is interesting.

However, I strongly disagree with the patrol team. I feel every comp player would be instantly kicked/banned.
  • CFKhalifa wrote: »
    1- Allow all SnD maps to be used for Ghost Mode. I'm telling you I'd kill to get a chance to play Ghost Mode on Eagleye and BlackWidow. I'm not sure but I think these maps were used for Ghost Mode in past, but I think I'm wrong..

Too many unhoppable spots in EagleEye and BlackWidow such as A site's ramp in eagle eye, B site in eagleeye is kinda rigged to toogle around in.
    CFKhalifa wrote: »
    3- An in-game patrol team to catch hackers and rule breakers and report them to GMs or other higher staff. Basically they won't have any power in-game or in forums, but their tickets and reports shall be considered as top priority and will be resolved promptly by staff. You can choose any of the trusted forumers or players, good samaritan ribbon holders are a good place to start.
    I like that. +1
  • Danah wrote: »
    Don't like the idea of an in-game patrol team. This has been suggested so many times before, and each time there were a ton of reasons against it.

Ghost Mode in S&D may be a lot of fun, but I feel like those S&D maps are way too large and don't have enough floors. If you look at current GM maps, most of them have 2 or more floors, while S&D maps most likely are limited down to one floor. Oh and they're way too bright, except for Santoria maybe, that one would be a great GM map...

I like the idea of that different ZM tho.

Thanks for liking the ZM idea :). So much could be done with ZM if it became more interactive like that.

About those maps being used for Ghost Mode, They can adjusted easily by developers to be used for Ghost Mode. They can be changed from day to night, maybe by adding a slider setting to it. I think it would allows us to experience a new gameplay 'cuz those maps being large won't cause any problems, for example, the ghosts will have to go to either A or B to plant, so they can't just huddle up in a corner and hide together while the GR wander searching them. I think this factor of them being large would add more fun to this mode, cuz you know, anything new is better than everything old :p
    TheThrid wrote: »
    I support anything that improves GM. Honestly.
    Idm the hacking patrol thing, we could use someone in game.
    Idk about ZM, not a fan of Zm to begin with xD

Well haha yes me neither but I'd wager it will opposite if something like this were to implemented.
    i'm not a huge fan of ghost mode or zombie mode so i can't tell you my oppinion on that. (But the zm idea sounds really nice)

On the other hand i totally agree with the patrol team in game. Players that would have higher priority on their reports? That's a a bad-ass idea my friend, i totally agree! +1

Thanks Alice from Hell, well, like I replied above, anything new is better than everything old, right?
    Imtoonie wrote: »
    Though I never touch ghost mode, I think your idea is interesting.

However, I strongly disagree with the patrol team. I feel every comp player would be instantly kicked/banned.
    SomeaultP wrote: »
    Too many unhoppable spots in EagleEye and BlackWidow such as A site's ramp in eagle eye, B site in eagleeye is kinda rigged to toogle around in.

I like that. +1

For all who're hesitant about the in-game patrol team, you don't need to worry about it because this team won't have any special powers or authority over other players in-game or in forums, but their replays and tickets will have super high priority in staff's office against that of the regular user replays and tickets. They will have no power to make any decisions like banning or kicking. I think this would be an easy implementation and without any negative effects. Many people both in-game and in forums would happily volunteer for this, as they'll have to do nothing extra and nothing special but just play the game as they daily do and keep an eye out for hackers, glitchers, abusers, racists, and all other in-game law breakers. Their reports will be considered high priority and will be resolved and acted upon on one-day basis. I wish any GM could comment about this.
  • CFKhalifa wrote: »
    As after many years the suggestions are being implemented in the game, causing a huge influx of ideas from users, I think it's time for me to jump into this suggestion bandwagon as well.

Some of these ideas might have been posted earlier as I'm sure they are but nonetheless-

1- Allow all SnD maps to be used for Ghost Mode. I'm telling you I'd kill to get a chance to play Ghost Mode on Eagleye and BlackWidow. I'm not sure but I think these maps were used for Ghost Mode in past, but I think I'm wrong.
    2- A new Zombie Mode with a new map where 5 or more players play through the 29 waves like any other ZM map, but on the 30th wave one of the players is chosen to transform into the boss. The goal of the boss/player is to kill other players and vice versa. But this is fun because every time you played this mode you will have different experience and not the same like other ZM maps where we get bored because everything is same no matter how you play it.

I can't remember more and I typed these from the top of my head. I'm assuming that this thread will be moved to suggestions section, but oh well.

Well, I don't know about playing GM on an S&D map as they are a lot bigger and more open that GM maps (take port as an example) Would you really want to bhop all they up to A? I know I don't :P

That idea may be fun. I'd also like to see more 'capture' ZM maps, I believe that's how they are called now? the ones that you need to progress by clearing stages instead of fighting 30 rounds in the same place (I've actually fallen asleep on Devastated city before lol)

Ahh I won't agree with this patrol idea, but there are other games that have a similar system going on, giving certain players priority over reports with positive results. But what I'd actually want to see implemented would be an in-game report system.
    As simple as pressing Tab, Right click on player, 'Report violation' and you're done. No need to upload anything nor having to save any replays (I tend to forget about saving the replays and then I can't report anyone. Great. Just great)