Wonderful GM's

Most have almost abandoned us... they rarely post anything in our CF Forum. The Announcement threads and closure posts from STAFF don't count (since they don't contribute at all to what concerns us the most, here). Excluding [GM]Triton, he's the most decent GM, (ATM) considering that he is new, and having posted feed-back in that KVS thread, recently (keep it up Sir).

I'm not even going to talk much about MOD's, they can't do anything anyway, they are so limited in powers just like we players are.. (though they could be engaging more with us here to pass on some ideas, but they can't be asked of course). The decent [MOD]Andrew has been quite the exception and has been active and responding to some threads of ours, recently (keep it up Bro).

What hopes do we have if we witness such lack of communication here? It's clear that most STAFF (especially GM's) are uninterested in helping us, or at least it looks that way, even whenever they do post, it's just to remind us of the forum policy rules or thread closures, lol.

They probably know better than we do that this games life span is soon to end, when that contract meets it's deadline, hence why we get neglected so much despite so many concerning threads we have written lately (like myself and many others, in Barracks/Suggestions, especially).

I'd understand if STAFF were super busy, but not having at least 10 minutes for us every other day, is impossible to happen.. I doubt they are so busy that they can't even take a little time to reply feed-back/hope to some of our popular/alarming threads.

What more proof do we want? We have seen more than enough around here to worry. It's over, surely.. the end is definitely near. (Only a miracle can happen like that publishers merge notion, that I posted, recently, but I doubt we'll see anything like that happen).

If there is any 'NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS', for our GM's/STAFF, it should be that they 'Engage more with us Players'. We don't bite, lol! We are just humans that seek/need more intel/info on matters that are important to us, here.

I am just intrigued to see what else is to come for our 'System Changes', that sure will be interesting, it's probably the only hope left we will ever see.

Just felt that I needed to say the above, although I am sure everyone knows and feels the same way, about now.

Side Note to any Staff: You can close this thread to avoid potential flaming discussions, as you usually do. I'm not here to start Forum Wars, just wanted Staff to know how I/we feel (as it seems you still don't know/care).

Comments

• Sorry for the long wall of text.. I sometimes have problems shortening my sentences. xD

I am sure this will be another pointless thread, it's definitely my last thread concerning such matters. If GM's want to change, we could have a longer and better future, if not.. then at least myself and others can say "we tried."
  • Tuga1991 wrote: »

What hopes do we have if we witness such lack of communication here? It's clear that most STAFF (especially GM's) are uninterested in helping us, or at least it looks that way, even whenever they do post, it's just to remind us of the forum policy rules or thread closures, lol.

'Engage more with us Players'. We don't bite, lol! We are just humans that seek/need more intel/info on matters that are important to us, here.
    ]

I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • [size=+2]
    That's entirely true , I want to add that [GM]Latosca has been helping as well , the rest aren't here at all.

Regarding [MOD]Andrew he somehow managed to dampen my rage, but i still disagree with him for not acting since this is entirely not fair and for closing threads , i understand that this is his job though , but at least i'd vouch for him for answering unlike the other people.

Of course the game is nearing its end , it's all basically about defending haackers and giving them permanent weapons and deleting threads exposing them as if we'd never know that's a cheater. maybe they have a point in investigating , but what kind of investigation lasts more than a year? ;/ ,

Unless they make severe system changes and change their treatment with the players, maybe only then this game could have a hope.
    or we could just quit and they'll know then it's us who makes a weight to this game, They could have medos and haackers playing the game alone. and i doubt if anyone of those pays even a penny.
    [/size]
  • Current staff are really strange

When they close a thread can they at least answer on it?and not just close it and quote some sick forum rules?

The impression that current staff have no idea how to deal with things ..It's like no one of them have no thing to contribute(Damn I miss [MOD]Dot) :(
  • [SIZE=+2]

That's entirely true , I want to add that [GM]Latosca has been helping as well , the rest aren't here at all.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]

Oh okay, well from my point of view, I excluded Announcement threads, because I know many GM's are active over there. I'm just not happy with the lack of activity on the other departments of the Forum, like Barracks.

Of course the game is nearing its end , it's all basically about defending haackers and giving them permanent weapons and deleting threads exposing them as if we'd never know that's a cheater. maybe they have a point in investigating , but what kind of investigation lasts more than a year? ;/

The only investigations that last well over a year are like the 'Madeleine McCann Case', lmao.
    Unless they make severe system changes and change their treatment with the players, maybe only then this game could have a hope.
    or we could just quit and they'll know then it's us who makes a weight to this game, They could have medos and haackers playing the game alone. and i doubt if anyone of those pays even a penny.
    [/SIZE]

EXACTLY.
  • Current staff are really strange

When they close a thread can they at least answer on it?and not just close it and quote some sick forum rules? :(

IKR! If they can take the time to reply with POLICY RULES or INFRACTION THREATS, then why can't they put a 'little more effort' to their reply and answer our concerning issues, if not in public, at least in private messages...
  • It started going downhill after Saidin left. He seemed really passionate about the job and actually did some fun stuff for the game. When I see some of the new GMs, it's pretty obvious that they see it as just another job nothing more. After their 9-5 or w.e shift they couldn't care less about the game. I don't blame them but it makes the game and the community so much less interesting for the players.

As for the mods, aside from Andrew and Jessy I don't recall seeing anyone post lately.

edit: one thing I like is how it's clear that players' suggestions are actually being taken into consideration by the GMs for once.
  • [size=+2] Ahaa , If you mean the barracks section then nobody even cares about it or any other section to be honest just the announcements, Always look where's the ZP related threads and you'll find everyone there. But yeah [GM]Triton is remarkable. [/size]
  • It started going downhill after Saidin left. He seemed really passionate about the job and actually did some fun stuff for the game. When I see some of the new GMs, it's pretty obvious that they see it as just another job nothing more. After their 9-5 or w.e shift they couldn't care less about the game. I don't blame them but it makes the game and the community so much less interesting for the players.

Yeah. [GM]Saidin did more than a dozen of these staff members combined. He was very passionate and unique, too bad he's personal life intervened.
    As for the mods, aside from Andrew and Jessy I don't recall seeing anyone post lately.

edit: one thing I like is how it's clear that players' suggestions are actually being taken into consideration by the GMs for once.

I haven't seen [MOD]Jessy much on but like I said, it's not really the MOD's I am worried about.. it's mainly these GM's. They only show up on Announcement threads and ZP related topics. We rarely ever hear from them in Barrack/Suggestion threads.

I am surprised that recently Z8 did a few things like: Change/remove the EP crates/AWM VIP from the EP Shop, X-Trap to XignCode3 (imperfect but still better than the last one) and also some bug fixes ect. Though, we never hear such changes prior, here on Forum from them.

This proves that, they 'do read' but they 'don't engage in conversations' with us (if they did, probably Forums would be a better/active place than it is now).
    it's mainly these GM's. They only show up on Announcement threads and ZP related topics. We rarely ever hear from them in Barrack/Suggestion threads..[/COLOR]

They're busy banning hackers. They can't be on the forums all day. :)
  • Moerwijk wrote: »
    They're busy banning hackers. They can't be on the forums all day. :)

Good one bro. XD
  • Yes, what can the GMs do about the fact this game is bleeding dead? It's all up about the devs. :)
    Tuga1991 wrote: »
    Good one bro. XD

Thanks bro. Much appreciated.
  • SG/Z8 need a guy like Sir Alan Sugar:

220px-Sir_Alan_Sugar_at_the_BAFTA's_crop.jpg

He would 'fire' those who are not passionate enough for the job, and make things great again.
    SG/Z8 need a guy like Sir Alan Sugar:

220px-Sir_Alan_Sugar_at_the_BAFTA's_crop.jpg

He would 'fire' those who are not passionate enough for the job, and make things great again.

Who's that guy..?
  • Moerwijk wrote: »
    Who's that guy..?

Great, if not greatest entrepreneur we have in the UK. Wiki link for more awesome info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Sugar
  • I message to most GM's and only GM-Latosca that would really answer to any of them.. the rest they will just ignore you. I been having a problem on support answering me with the same answer over and over.. I have been trying to recover my honorable ribbon and latosca was trying to help me out and higher staff told her NO it seems.. And i message Kanadian about it he respond where did i get the image and i respond to him and after that. It got ignored.. I want earl back to be our staff again..
  • We don't bite, i agree to this.
    Pay attention in our feedback, you should actually. ;)
  • Are they have another life like working traviling .. etc or they just work at CF ?? even they all have another life example working in a company .. you are right who from us is not busy at all we have studies work exams ... etc and lol we spend more time on this game and in this forum rather than them so who really care about this ?? its like Oooooh i became a GM so catch me if you can im gonna hide lol .. no cares about Bugs , event , hackers no care about relife this game or help players no care about anything ...
    so +111111111 about every thing you said
  • Im_A_Flip wrote: »
    I message to most GM's and only GM-Latosca that would really answer to any of them.. the rest they will just ignore you. I been having a problem on support answering me with the same answer over and over.. I have been trying to recover my honorable ribbon and latosca was trying to help me out and higher staff told her NO it seems.. And i message Kanadian about it he respond where did i get the image and i respond to him and after that. It got ignored.. I want earl back to be our staff again..

Good to know that there is always someone nicer in the GM team, but without agreement from the rest, nothing can be done.
    nickxab1 wrote: »
    We don't bite, i agree to this.
    Pay attention in our feedback, you should actually. ;)

Nice choice of words, hahaha your on your final warning, for speaking too much of the truth - Rest in peace. <3

Are they have another life like working traviling .. etc or they just work at CF ?? even they all have another life example working in a company .. you are right who from us is not busy at all we have studies work exams ... etc and lol we spend more time on this game and in this forum rather than them so who really care about this ?? its like Oooooh i became a GM so catch me if you can im gonna hide lol .. no cares about Bugs , event , hackers no care about relife this game or help players no care about anything ...
    so +111111111 about every thing you said

Exactly and thanks!
  • Just want to finish off by saying the following.

"If I am anything of a bad guy for just speaking the truth of what myself and others see wrong around here and demanding for positive change (for a brighter future), then I guess i''m that.. bad guy".

Sorry, if I offended anyone.
    Just want to finish off by saying the following.

"If I am anything of a bad guy for just speaking the truth of what myself and others see wrong around here and demanding for positive change (for a brighter future), then I guess i''m that.. bad guy".

Sorry, if I offended anyone.

[size=+2]You're not even a bad guy for stating the truth , Bad guys are the ones who still agree that there's no problem at all , They're the only problem this game has. [/size]
  • [size=+2]You're not even a bad guy for stating the truth , Bad guys are the ones who still agree that there's no problem at all , They're the only problem this game has. [/size]

Can´t agree more to that the peoples keep ignoring the problems and keep saying them selfs that everything is fine we dont care but they should care

And the GMs should really pay attention to us i mean wich point have this section if nobody of the GMs cares about it or about our suggestions? This makes the the game really worse and sure it is almost dead because of the hackers and
    the lazy GMs who doesnt pay any attention to us and not eveven banning obviously hackers.

@Tuga You should stop to have so much hope that they will ever do anything that will help us or make the game better the hope already died and this is a fact we tried it enough times we never get the attention only if it is somethign about a rule break then theyn come and pay any attention and infrect you
  • Hi there,

I am not entirely sure what is the issue is you are pointing at to be honest.

First, please do continue to voice your opinion positive or negative, this is always welcomed. As long as the opinion is shared respectfully and without breaking any of the forum rules, it will always be a good addition to the community.

The forum is a place for players to interact with each other, share common issues, talk about the games, etc., However, the GMs job is not about responding to threads on the forum, as much as dealing with issues being brought up by the players on it.

Each GM has a different role and responsibilities, one GM job for example can be responding to support tickets only. In this case, this GM will most likely not post on the forum at all, because for him/her to do their job right, they should focus more on responding to the tickets in a timely manner.

As you yourself mentioned, we do read and review issues and comments posted by the players. However, our main job is to actually do something about them rather than just responding without having any actions. What you need to know is that there is a specific number of people working on this game, therefore the resources are not limitless. And because of that, resources have to be allocated in order to serve the game in the most efficient way.

GMs can easily spend their time on the forum everyday, saying all the right things and blaming everything that is going wrong on the developers for example (which was done before). I am not sure if this for example will make you think/feel that they are engaging more with the community, however this does not mean that they are doing their job in the best possible way.

Also, as it seems many people keep to ignore this, account specific issues will not be resolved on the forum either on threads or through private messages. They have to be sent through support tickets and they will be dealt with there, and just because you are unhappy with the answer you received about your specific issues, this doesn't mean you will get a different one by posting here. Another thing I noticed recently, you cannot ask about someone else's account, and just because someone is your "friend", that doesn't mean he/she are necessarily telling the truth of how/why they got banned for example.

There are several changes that are happening based on user feedback or suggestions, in fact probably more than anytime in the history of the game the suggestions are being worked as fast and also being done relatively quickly. Yes it is a good thing if GMs are able to spend a lot of time on the forums, but unfortunately this is not currently possible. And as I mentioned, if the choice is between spending sometime on the forum or fixing an issue, we will always try to fix the issue first, as it affects thousands of players.

Finally, as I mentioned above please feel free to keep leaving any comments that you think are helpful, and as long as everyone is following the rules and stating their opinion respectfully, we will always be more than happy to read them,
  • Hi [GM]Grumpy,

I'd like to kick-off by saying "thank-you for your reply to this thread," I really appreciate it very much.

[GM]Grumpy wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am not entirely sure what is the issue is you are pointing at to be honest.

First, please do continue to voice your opinion positive or negative, this is always welcomed. As long as the opinion is shared respectfully and without breaking any of the forum rules, it will always be a good addition to the community.

The forum is a place for players to interact with each other, share common issues, talk about the games, etc., However, the GMs job is not about responding to threads on the forum, as much as dealing with issues being brought up by the players on it.

I, as many others here, totally understand, respect is definitely important, though we can feel emotionally frustrated at times (depending on how grave the situation is), which sometimes leads to quite negative responses, followed up with idea's for positive improvements. Sorry if we seem to offend you guys.. it's nothing personal, just purely forum/game related.
    Each GM has a different role and responsibilities, one GM job for example can be responding to support tickets only. In this case, this GM will most likely not post on the forum at all, because for him/her to do their job right, they should focus more on responding to the tickets in a timely manner.

We know that each GM has different roles/responsibilities and they can only do so much, but in our players point of view, it's hard to understand that in 144 hours during Monday-Saturday, GM's don't seem to take a good 30 minutes or so, to respond to our most popular/concerning threads. A simple reply (excluding thread closures & announcement threads), can go a long way, because whether it be a 'negative or positive' reply, at least we'd know what to expect from there on.
    As you yourself mentioned, we do read and review issues and comments posted by the players. However, our main job is to actually do something about them rather than just responding without having any actions. What you need to know is that there is a specific number of people working on this game, therefore the resources are not limitless. And because of that, resources have to be allocated in order to serve the game in the most efficient way.

GMs can easily spend their time on the forum everyday, saying all the right things and blaming everything that is going wrong on the developers for example (which was done before). I am not sure if this for example will make you think/feel that they are engaging more with the community, however this does not mean that they are doing their job in the best possible way.

Once again, we completely understand, Z8 can only do so much with such given powers, but.. In my opinion, if there is time for you guys to read, then there might as well be a little more time to write as well. We are not looking for 'walls of text'. We would appreciate dearly, if you guys could just briefly reply more frequently, so 'we the community' can feel more assured and more often doubtless, with such ideas and inquiries we may have around here.
    Also, as it seems many people keep to ignore this, account specific issues will not be resolved on the forum either on threads or through private messages. They have to be sent through support tickets and they will be dealt with there, and just because you are unhappy with the answer you received about your specific issues, this doesn't mean you will get a different one by posting here. Another thing I noticed recently, you cannot ask about someone else's account, and just because someone is your "friend", that doesn't mean he/she are necessarily telling the truth of how/why they got banned for example.

We are aware of Forum Policy, at least for some of us. The problem is that when we feel like the Support Centre (SC) is not responding humanely for 'certain issues', relating to Account Administration and Reports, especially.. we then tend to come here, looking for better justice and explanations (which we believe doesn't often exist in the SC department).
    There are several changes that are happening based on user feedback or suggestions, in fact probably more than anytime in the history of the game the suggestions are being worked as fast and also being done relatively quickly. Yes it is a good thing if GMs are able to spend a lot of time on the forums, but unfortunately this is not currently possible. And as I mentioned, if the choice is between spending sometime on the forum or fixing an issue, we will always try to fix the issue first, as it affects thousands of players.

Finally, as I mentioned above please feel free to keep leaving any comments that you think are helpful, and as long as everyone is following the rules and stating their opinion respectfully, we will always be more than happy to read them,

I and many others are very glad to hear that there will be 'several changes to our game'. We really look forward to seeing any improvements that increase our performance and experiences, most certainly ones that have been suggested countless of times in the past along with any other innovations.

We really would desire that Z8 Staff (especially GM's), could make it possible to respond to our more 'fundamental/popular threads', every other day at the very least (i.e Barracks, ect), but obviously without compromising any other Staff's forum/game duties, of course.

Not only would we be less in doubt with what's going on and with what concerns us, there'd also certainly be better relations between us players and Z8, for a healthier community/game.

Overall, this one improvement (of better relations) could go a long way, for sure. I hope you understand and I also hope we have come to a much honourable protocol, after this conversation.

Thank-you.
  • It's definitely interesting to read players thoughts on this topic and I do agree that if the GMs engaged more on the forums and with users, it would definitely improve the relationship with the players and staff.

It was nice to read [GM]Grumpy's reply and it definitely does boost players confidence within the staff members. If anything, I'm really interested in seeing the several changes that are happening based on user feedback.
    Most have almost abandoned us... they rarely post anything in our CF Forum. The Announcement threads and closure posts from STAFF don't count (since they don't contribute at all to what concerns us the most, here). Excluding [GM]Triton, he's the most decent GM, (ATM) considering that he is new, and having posted feed-back in that KVS thread, recently (keep it up Sir).

I'm not even going to talk much about MOD's, they can't do anything anyway, they are so limited in powers just like we players are.. (though they could be engaging more with us here to pass on some ideas, but they can't be asked of course). The decent [MOD]Andrew has been quite the exception and has been active and responding to some threads of ours, recently (keep it up Bro).

They probably know better than we do that this games life span is soon to end, when that contract meets it's deadline, hence why we get neglected so much despite so many concerning threads we have written lately (like myself and many others, in Barracks/Suggestions, especially).

I'd understand if STAFF were super busy, but not having at least 10 minutes for us every other day, is impossible to happen.. I doubt they are so busy that they can't even take a little time to reply feed-back/hope to some of our popular/alarming threads.

What more proof do we want? We have seen more than enough around here to worry. It's over, surely.. the end is definitely near. (Only a miracle can happen like that publishers merge notion, that I posted, recently, but I doubt we'll see anything like that happen).

If there is any 'NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS', for our GM's/STAFF, it should be that they 'Engage more with us Players'. We don't bite, lol! We are just humans that seek/need more intel/info on matters that are important to us, here.

I am just intrigued to see what else is to come for our 'System Changes', that sure will be interesting, it's probably the only hope left we will ever see.

Just felt that I needed to say the above, although I am sure everyone knows and feels the same way, about now.

Side Note to any Staff: You can close this thread to avoid potential flaming discussions, as you usually do. I'm not here to start Forum Wars, just wanted Staff to know how I/we feel (as it seems you still don't know/care).

Very well put. We all feel the same way, Or at least I do. This once great game is in a slow death. They are trying to make as much money as possible right now so when the end comes. they can walk away with something and we will not even know until its too late. We will try and log in one day and the game is gone. All accounts will be closed and we will be out of luck. ONLY TIME WILL TELL!
  • Game Masters (Game Managers) in general are mostly nice people, i learned that throughout my online games journey, in crossfire and back in the ol' days, I remember how GM saidin was so nice to the community, strict for sure, and hardworking yet still nice to everyone. I'm sure our current GM's are hardworking as Saidin was, and i hope they keep delivering.

Also would like to give a shout out to the old MODS that i had good friendship with, Rory / Iceman / Fizzeq (adios amigos) wish you all the best boys !!! Moe please cry me a river teehee :D
  • HaNnoOoO0 wrote: »
    Game Masters (Game Managers) in general are mostly nice people, i learned that throughout my online games journey, in crossfire and back in the ol' days, I remember how GM saidin was so nice to the community, strict for sure, and hardworking yet still nice to everyone. I'm sure our current GM's are hardworking as Saidin was, and i hope they keep delivering.

Also would like to give a shout out to the old MODS that i had good friendship with, Rory / Iceman / Fizzeq (adios amigos) wish you all the best boys !!! Moe please cry me a river teehee :D

Those where the days.
  • GM`s are working according to the company procedure. If the company says that items won´t be restored this is the message they have to deliver.

It is simple as that

They're the middle man. They follow orders, and get blamed when things go wrong.

From my point of view the term Gamemaster is outdated anyway, it is Customer Service Representative. "Gamemaster" sounds like they have the power to fix things, but this is not true apart from some inGame commands they can use to reset monsters for example

But when it comes to bugs the common answer you will get is either "we know about it" or "we will send it to the developers".