IGNs in FL

There should be an option (if possible) to see people's previous IGNs. Obviously, that would only work if that player is in your Friend List.

I literally have no idea of who majority of the people on my FL are.

Comments

• I just ask them what their previous IGN was lol. Or if I never play with them il simply remove them.
  • I agree with this as there's some people I occasionally play with that seem to like to change their names every so often and when they do that I can't be certain of if they're that person or not when trying to figure out who to remove from the friends list to create room. Especially when those people aren't online to ask. It'd be simpler if the friends list was actually useful in identifying who has recently been on but it's system for that seems bugged.
    The whole friends list thing needs revised in general IMO. An indicator that states if you're on their FL or not as well should be re-implemented as it was in the old system. And would LOVE it if the FL would be increased count wise to 200 as well. I honestly don't see what the point of a limited FL is except for maybe limitations on the buddy server/handling code but would be very surprised if it couldn't be increased.

IF the entire Friends List system were to get reworked I have some further thoughts as well as the ones i've stated in the above...here's the full list:

-Increased FL capacity

-Ability to see past names used by Friends

-Ability to see if mutual friendship. (in other words if a person in your list has you as their friend still or not)

-Ability to mark players with a given tag individually. For example I could tag Zyko with a tag of 'That HMX Hecker' and it'd stay with him as long as he's on my friends list. The tag idea could remove the need for the past names used by friends idea.

-Friend Chat would be lovely to be able to see in the middle of matches as well. For example we can see Clan chat in matches but not friends...they have to whisper to communicate at that point. This may be due to limitation since I believe the Friend Chat gets turned into Team Chat once inside a match. But again that seems like it should be something that can be changed

-Ability to customize placement within friends list, listings. For example right now the FL is a jumbled messed especially in the offline section of players this...well...rather annoying. It'd be nice if that list could be sorted or was pre-sorted by either Alphabetically or Last Time Seen Online. (doesn't appear to be either at the moment...similar to our weapons storage...a messy, clunky, piece of poop)

-Ability to select and group/delete/invite multiple friends at once. Essentially a check box that you could select on each name and use to group players all at once or to delete multiple people off of friends list all at once. Would make for sorting and cleaning friends list easier and to invite multiple friends quickly into a single match. We have the ability to invite people in channel lobby this way but not people on our friends list as far as i'm aware.

-similarly a section or ability to 'add as enemy' could be implemented. It'd run on the same principle but would auto-group people added as enemy into a FL Group designated as 'Enemies' there you could note reasoning as well using their 'tag'. In the enemies list however you wouldn't necessarily be able to jump to join their room like you can with the 'play with friend' option and maybe as well can't see where they are but COULD know that they are online. Another aspect is if you add someone to your enemies list it wouldn't give them any notification it'd simply add them to your list.
    This could allow users to note and keep track of potential cancerous members of the player base and allow us to avoid them or manage them in our own way better. People who abuse vote kick, hackers, trolls could be applied to this list. OR just allow you to know when someone you have marks as a member of a rival clan is online so you know to whisper them and offer up a competitive scrim/clan war but isn't somebody you're necessarily friends with or like to play with normally.

potential room for thought.
  • -Increased FL capacity

+1, I cleaned my Friend List, so it's around 80 people, but wouldn't mind to have more.
    -Ability to see past names used by Friends

+1, that is what I suggested.
    -Ability to see if mutual friendship. (in other words if a person in your list has you as their friend still or not)

+1, would also be cool, even tho I don't know many people.
    -Ability to mark players with a given tag individually. For example I could tag Zyko with a tag of 'That HMX Hecker' and it'd stay with him as long as he's on my friends list. The tag idea could remove the need for the past names used by friends idea.

You mean this?

dAasFSD.png
    -Friend Chat would be lovely to be able to see in the middle of matches as well. For example we can see Clan chat in matches but not friends...they have to whisper to communicate at that point. This may be due to limitation since I believe the Friend Chat gets turned into Team Chat once inside a match. But again that seems like it should be something that can be changed

+1, we need this, pleeeeeeeeeease. Sometimes we need help ingame and need to whisper people to help, having this would be 10/10.
    -Ability to customize placement within friends list, listings. For example right now the FL is a jumbled messed especially in the offline section of players this...well...rather annoying. It'd be nice if that list could be sorted or was pre-sorted by either Alphabetically or Last Time Seen Online. (doesn't appear to be either at the moment...similar to our weapons storage...a messy, clunky, piece of poop)

Isn't it by Alphabet already? []-. first, then letters.
    -Ability to select and group/delete/invite multiple friends at once. Essentially a check box that you could select on each name and use to group players all at once or to delete multiple people off of friends list all at once. Would make for sorting and cleaning friends list easier and to invite multiple friends quickly into a single match. We have the ability to invite people in channel lobby this way but not people on our friends list as far as i'm aware.

+1, would save a ton of time.
    -similarly a section or ability to 'add as enemy' could be implemented. It'd run on the same principle but would auto-group people added as enemy into a FL Group designated as 'Enemies' there you could note reasoning as well using their 'tag'. In the enemies list however you wouldn't necessarily be able to jump to join their room like you can with the 'play with friend' option and maybe as well can't see where they are but COULD know that they are online. Another aspect is if you add someone to your enemies list it wouldn't give them any notification it'd simply add them to your list.

Block list (is there even any?) with those features would be nice.
  • iDupree_ wrote: »

-You mean this?
    dAasFSD.png

-Isn't it by Alphabet already? []-. first, then letters.

-Block list (is there even any?) with those features would be nice.

-Not sure how you did that or if it's a photo edited. Tried to see it ingame but couldn't easily find such. So if it IS ingame already....they need to make that easier or more obvious anyways. But yea that'd be nice even if it was limited to like 16-24 characters or however many would fit in that little area. You could potentially input the name you know them by and it'd stick there for good even with them changing names. Or just give them a nickname of your own. Or for your 'enemies' you could list why you don't like them. lol

-I believe the onlines are sorted alphabetically within their own status setting of online,playing,idle. You screenshot kind of shows that. But I do not believe the offlines get sorted at all or at least not in a way the seems logical based on the last time I looked through them. I know i've seen Zawg in the middle of the list of offlines before anyways.

-Not so much a block list though blocking could be done from there as needed as well. More of a list of players you don't like and would like to keep an eye out for or for players that you wouldn't really call friend but are in a rival clan that you'd like to scrim/clan war against from time to time.
  • nGhost wrote: »
    I just ask them what their previous IGN was lol. Or if I never play with them il simply remove them.
    That's exactly what I do. XD However, I do agree with an improvement on this particular in-game feature.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    -Not sure how you did that or if it's a photo edited. Tried to see it ingame but couldn't easily find such. So if it IS ingame already....they need to make that easier or more obvious anyways. But yea that'd be nice even if it was limited to like 16-24 characters or however many would fit in that little area. You could potentially input the name you know them by and it'd stick there for good even with them changing names. Or just give them a nickname of your own. Or for your 'enemies' you could list why you don't like them. lol

-I believe the onlines are sorted alphabetically within their own status setting of online,playing,idle. You screenshot kind of shows that. But I do not believe the offlines get sorted at all or at least not in a way the seems logical based on the last time I looked through them. I know i've seen Zawg in the middle of the list of offlines before anyways.

-Not so much a block list though blocking could be done from there as needed as well. More of a list of players you don't like and would like to keep an eye out for or for players that you wouldn't really call friend but are in a rival clan that you'd like to scrim/clan war against from time to time.

>Right click > Leave Message (at the bottom) > Write something
  • iDupree_ wrote: »
    >Right click > Leave Message (at the bottom) > Write something

ahhh ....I always assumed the Leave Message was just an actual message to them. LOL. So then...I suggest for that to be made more clear in the revamp. x]