Honorable Ribbon Retrieval

A new option in support center that's called [title].
Inside the section you will have a question at the top that says:

"Why do you deserve this ribbon back?"

and then another large box with a minimum character limit (to avoid players typing just a sentence) and in that box they can explain why they deserve the ribbon back.

After that, there will be another box that asks "When was the last time you have been banned?" another answer box with 1,2,3,4,5 years etc...

There may be tutorials on other sites that are copy pasted responses on (the best answer for honorable ribbon retrieval!!!) those entries will be denied and the user will receive a 3 day ban.

Here's the good part, players can only request this once!

I thought of this idea because people may have matured and learn from their mistakes and they deserve another chance.

I get it, most people who have the ribbon don't like this because they want to feel special that they never cheated before but this isn't a guarantee that the ribbon will be retrieved.

Comments

• I completely agree. Or something like, have a 3 years of clean history and get your Honourable Ribbon back. +1
  • This would probably result in hundreds of tickets filled with broken english begging for their ribbon. Exactly like those "ples I never hack again me promis plsss I make mistake sorry" threads. But they will have to deal with 50 of those a day lol.
    Also, if this would get implemented people would be less scared of losing their ribbon and thus brake the rules more easily. Whats the point of a HSR when you can get it back by making up a story?
  • nGhost wrote: »
    This would probably result in hundreds of tickets filled with broken english begging for their ribbon. Exactly like those "ples I never hack again me promis plsss I make mistake sorry" threads. But they will have to deal with 50 of those a day lol.Also, if this would get implemented people would be less scared of losing their ribbon and thus brake the rules more easily. Whats the point of a HSR when you can get it back by making up a story?
    I think it would be better if a person automatically got it back without having to send in a ticket after having a clean history for 2-3 years.
  • I personally would only make people eligible for the re-attainment of the Honorable Soldier Ribbon who managed to obtain the Good Samaritan Ribbon.

Think of yourself going to Anti-Honorable Ribbon Jail for when you lose it, doing Community Service until the Lords above believe you've behaved long enough and deem you worthy for the Samaritan Ribbon.

If you receive that, you automatically get your Honorable Soldier Ribbon restored if you don't have it. Since at this point, you probably more than earned the HS Ribbon after receiving it.
  • Love the idea, i lost mine WAY back, it actually killed any intentions of mine to collect ribbons.
    I agree with M1600 and Abel, 3 years of clean record and you automatically get it back, or you get it back if you have the GSR.
  • TheThrid wrote: »
    Love the idea, i lost mine WAY back, it actually killed any intentions of mine to collect ribbons.
    I agree with M1600 and Abel, 3 years of clean record and you automatically get it back, or you get it back if you have the GSR.
    i prefer the 3 years of clean history's choice :D
  • I don't know High if you lost the ribbon due to cheating I don't believe they should get it back. I don't know I just feel like this will get abused in some way. I would totally agree if everyone only had access to one account, but people have alts that they use. Whats to stop them from not cheating on alts like they continue to do. One might even say "So without the ribbon they're still cheating" vice versa could be said why give them the ribbon and have them roaming on alts. Not to hate on your idea and all I just think not to be bias or anything people including me who still got the ribbon haven't done anything to cheat the system, plus speaking for myself I don't feel "special" at all lol. About your statement "people may have matured and learn from their mistakes and they deserve another chance." not that I don't believe in that but some people in clearly don't change if I happen to play in UK it's always people cursing your mom Arabic, not at all pointing fingers to Egys since my dad is Egyptian but I don't think people who act like that on a daily basis at the end of a game should get anything back. Clearly it's not all Egys since I still got my ribbon. But really was nice idea but again I'm really unease with this idea I get a feeling the outcome won't be as you pictured it, that's just my opinion. *Sorry if some parts don't make sense or run on sentence, quickly wrote this up since had an assignment*
  • Would be a great idea since I know some people who lost this ribbon not because they hack, they lost it just for X-trap errors and they got banned and then they lose theirs Honorable Soldier Ribbon, so there are so many people who lose this ribbon and without hacking.
    As most people said I think only those players who has clean hack history from two years to know deserve this ribbon. At least that they lost that ribbon by X-trap errors If it's like that they don't deserve wait too long.
  • I do believe all people deserve a second chance but in my gut instinct, I don't sympathise cheaters/abusers. As the old saying goes: "once a cheat, always a cheat."
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    I personally would only make people eligible for the re-attainment of the Honorable Soldier Ribbon who managed to obtain the Good Samaritan Ribbon.

Think of yourself going to Anti-Honorable Ribbon Jail for when you lose it, doing Community Service until the Lords above believe you've behaved long enough and deem you worthy for the Samaritan Ribbon.

If you receive that, you automatically get your Honorable Soldier Ribbon restored if you don't have it. Since at this point, you probably more than earned the HS Ribbon after receiving it.

I actually rather like this idea. You do something to hurt the community...you better be ready to work to regain respect and help the community if you want the HSR back. And IF we add a way of getting the HSR back....then the HSR should get more meaning behind it other than just a symbol of an honest player. Make it influence event rewards or something along those lines.

And while I agree the X time since you lost it and having been clean since then sounds great....do they have active records of the people who already lost it? If not...then when does their time start....and....honestly....do you expect this game to still be around in another 3-5 years? As much as i'd like believe the game still has longevity left in it....I truly wonder if it will make it that much longer especially with a CF 2 in development and the lack of doing what appeals to player base on this version. I'd give it a solid 2 years...but don't foresee it much beyond 4 myself.

I do kind of like the idea of having to petition for the right to get your HSR back too. Perhaps that can be combined with idea of getting the Good Samaritan Ribbon in that the option to petition for the HSR back only becomes available once you achieve the GSR. I know some will say that would 'make it too hard' but honestly maybe it SHOULD be really hard to get the HSR back.
  • Tuga1991 wrote: »
    I do believe all people deserve a second chance but in my gut instinct, I don't sympathise cheaters/abusers. As the old saying goes: "once a cheat, always a cheat."
    Not for all, but then again that's why there's also the judgement of when the last ban date was, which now if you get banned it's a perm (after the ban announcement) so players who are tryna get the Honorable ribbon back on active accounts do deserve it.
  • They should also remove permanent bans and give cheaters another chance to cheat again after 3 years. What do you think ? NO of course not. If people got banned by xtrap error they should be able to solve the problem through a support ticket right ? If you know you have a dirty past and you want your ribbon back.. say thanks god your account was not permanently banned and go home.
  • Golden173 wrote: »
    They should also remove permanent bans and give cheaters another chance to cheat again after 3 years. What do you think ? NO of course not. If people got banned by xtrap error they should be able to solve the problem through a support ticket right ? If you know you have a dirty past and you want your ribbon back.. say thanks god your account was not permanently banned and go home.
    Cheat again after 3 years? If they wanted to cheat, why wouldn't they choose to cheat inbetween the time they got banned and the 3 years?
  • IGetHigh96 wrote: »
    Cheat again after 3 years? If they wanted to cheat, why wouldn't they choose to cheat inbetween the time they got banned and the 3 years?

What I'm saying is that cheaters don't deserve a second chance and they are lucky to get a temporary suspension. They are also lucky that Z8 didn't added any kind of rule that says you must have honorable soldier to be able to participate in events.. that ribbon its like account virginity.
  • Golden173 wrote: »
    What I'm saying is that cheaters don't deserve a second chance and they are lucky to get a temporary suspension. They are also lucky that Z8 didn't added any kind of rule that says you must have honorable soldier to be able to participate in events.. that ribbon its like account virginity.
    I'm sure you aren't knew to how many cheaters there were like 4 years back. Also how easy it was. So players today with active accounts that don't have honorable ribbon, I don't blame them because this game was unplayable due to hacks few years back. So people either sold their accounts or cheated on theirs. But now it's different, the game is much cleaner, community is somewhat better (except for the competitive, still the same and toxic), and the game is not that bad. You take cheating way too seriously, especially to players who lost theirs from 3-4 years back and stayed clean throughout those years
  • I remember having that 1hit kill ZM hack, **** was awesome.. wish they still had it :(
  • Retired hacker ribbon seems better of an idea, 3+ hack free history.
  • My in game history is clean since 5 years already

But my forum history..well.. =(

Anyway +1 to suggestion...I really hope the staff will implement this idea or any other idea to restore the HSR back and won't ignore this!
  • oSasuke*** wrote: »
    I don't know High if you lost the ribbon due to cheating I don't believe they should get it back. I don't know I just feel like this will get abused in some way. I would totally agree if everyone only had access to one account, but people have alts that they use. Whats to stop them from not cheating on alts like they continue to do. One might even say "So without the ribbon they're still cheating" vice versa could be said why give them the ribbon and have them roaming on alts. Not to hate on your idea and all I just think not to be bias or anything people including me who still got the ribbon haven't done anything to cheat the system, plus speaking for myself I don't feel "special" at all lol. About your statement "people may have matured and learn from their mistakes and they deserve another chance." not that I don't believe in that but some people in clearly don't change if I happen to play in UK it's always people cursing your mom Arabic, not at all pointing fingers to Egys since my dad is Egyptian but I don't think people who act like that on a daily basis at the end of a game should get anything back. Clearly it's not all Egys since I still got my ribbon. But really was nice idea but again I'm really unease with this idea I get a feeling the outcome won't be as you pictured it, that's just my opinion. *Sorry if some parts don't make sense or run on sentence, quickly wrote this up since had an assignment*

I don't see how the ribbon factors in to what you're saying, people hack using new accounts if their current one gets banned, this is how it always is. It won't matter whether or not their "main account has the ribbon or not, after all of course nobody would want their "main" account banned. What i'm getting at is that there's nothing to stop them from hacking even if they don't have the ribbon.
  • I lost mine when my account got stolen and wont get it back tbh I dont think that I deserve it . It's my fault that I wasnt careful
  • i love this idea i already sent you two days ago a ticket to tell me why i lost the ribbon although it was an error
  • where is it in the support section ?i can't find it !
  • i love this idea i already sent you two days ago a ticket to tell me why i lost the ribbon although it was an error
    where is it in the support section ?i can't find it !

Remember this is only a suggestion and it hasn't been made official yet by Z8Games (Smilegate West). You can try to send in a Support ticket about gaining your Honourable Ribbon back however, I doubt they will do it.