HMX Expansion Pack

1st Suggestion:

So, this new mode is awesome, but there are somethings that seem kind of unfair.

When you're Devil Terminator, you have a grenade that infects the soldiers and they have to shoot each other so that it doesn't mutate them. But if you're alone, you have to throw your grenade at your feet so that the infection can go away.

And that's where I want to suggest this:

When you shoot someone that is infected and you successfully save them from being mutated, you get your ammo back. Why not do the same with the grenade? If you're alone somewhere where the Devil Terminator has to run a bit to get you, they can just chill on the ground and throw his infection grenades at you. You nade yourself once, you survive, the DT (Devil Terminator) waits 5 seconds, gets the grenade again, and wait till you get mutated. Unless you have Mutation Jacket, you get an extra "life."

Is it OP to get your grenades? Nope, not at all. DT is OP, if he is running after you and throws an infection grenade, you either take yours and throw at the direction you're going to, or just wait till you get mutated, there is nothing you can do, unless someone is generous enough (rare case in NA) and shoots you and saves you.

Yes, yes... HMX Expansion Pack is a mode where you need teamwork, but you know, those people who go after you for your guns, you just want to get away from them and be by yourself instead of having people blocking you everywhere you go. Also in rooms that are a bit empty (around 6 players) it finishes instantly, because the DT just goes around throwing his grenades and mutates them all.

2nd Suggestion:

Mutation Sould Stones...

Why do we need a limit per day? Really? 1K growth points per day sucks. It takes forever to have a box with 100% growth. A Regular Mutation Box is 5K points, so basically 5 days to get it to 100% growth, and you can either update it, or open, and when you open it, yeah, your chances of getting an useless items are pretty big, like getting a Mutation Magazine which stacks with the one from the Item Shop...

So I think they should remove the limit per day, it's pretty useless in my opinion.

I personally love this mode, if you know me, you know that I always loved playing HMX, and this new Expansion Pack is amazing. Leave your opinions about these suggestions down below if you want to.

Comments

• iDupree_ wrote: »
    Mutation Sould Stones...

Why do we need a limit per day? Really? 1K growth points per day sucks. It takes forever to have a box with 100% growth. A Regular Mutation Box is 5K points, so basically 5 days to get it to 100% growth, and you can either update it, or open, and when you open it, yeah, your chances of getting an useless items are pretty big, like getting a Mutation Magazine which stacks with the one from the Item Shop...

So I think they should remove the limit per day, it's pretty useless in my opinion.

There's more than enough free stuff in this game already, we don't need to make it even easier.
  • I was playing in the White Moon map today and the DT was mutating us with his grenade from the inside of the building, while we were outside. He was throwing it into the wall and it could mutate us somehow.

Here's a new idea for the 1st suggestion:

There should be a 50% chance you get mutated or not. And then with the Achievements, you could lower those chances. Let's supposed there are 4 levels on that Achievement, you earn that Achievement and the % goes down by 5 (stays 45%). You reach level 2, it stays at 40%, level 3 stays 35%, and level 4 stays at 30%.

You know, make the achievements a bit useful. :)
  • alright The only reason the DT is OP is due to the fact he Respawns. So if you drop him to 499 health or below he will not be able to use any ability so what you do next is switch to a melee and try to kill him if you shoot at him he WILL RESPAWN with ALOT of HEALTH, Also you do get ammo back for self nading when infected by the nade. What I hate the is "smart" player herp and derping around and shooting a flashing DT when I'm chasing him with a melee weapon. Heck in a Room of six I won as the lone soldier because I killed every mutant with a melee hit DT was the first victim he first tried to nade me me he miss then I weaken him and swing and killed him if I see a player dumb enough to mess with me in M modes I will try to sent him to the Spec Seat as punishment i've sent every single mutant type (with or with no spike) at least once to the boring Spec seat.the thing I hat the most is player shooting the flashing red mutant for no reason other to get a kill and waste ammo and then wondering why they turn into a mutant afterward.
  • Darkfiro7 wrote: »
    alright The only reason the DT is OP is due to the fact he Respawns. So if you drop him to 499 health or below he will not be able to use any ability so what you do next is switch to a melee and try to kill him if you shoot at him he WILL RESPAWN with ALOT of HEALTH, Also you do get ammo back for self nading when infected by the nade. What I hate the is "smart" player herp and derping around and shooting a flashing DT when I'm chasing him with a melee weapon. Heck in a Room of six I won as the lone soldier because I killed every mutant with a melee hit DT was the first victim he first tried to nade me me he miss then I weaken him and swing and killed him if I see a player dumb enough to mess with me in M modes I will try to sent him to the Spec Seat as punishment i've sent every single mutant type (with or with no spike) at least once to the boring Spec seat.the thing I hat the most is player shooting the flashing red mutant for no reason other to get a kill and waste ammo and then wondering why they turn into a mutant afterward.
    People with 200 ping and are DT have such a HUGE advantage. I'm not even near them and I get mutated when they slash. About meleeing him, you know that there will always be that one person who will shoot the mutant when you're about to knife. It depends on the DT too, some don't even have an idea what they're doing when they're DT, even saw one throwing at his feet thinking it will heal him.
  • I completely agree with you about the one person shooting with you but what you don't know is that 200 ping suck in CQC combat (I'm a 12 ping) Thank to the way the refresh rate work low ping actually get a advantage in knife fight. So let go to Combat school ok I weaken DT down to flashing state (it a !v1 sit) I have 12 ping he have 200 ping by default mutant are always faster than soldier now he going to see me switch to my melee let say the melee is the FP RC one becuz everyone have that (should) it take about 1 sec before I can attack. Usually player that are going for the kill stop moving backward and start moving forward. So he think upon seeing that to Right click Me see the right click I would already be able to swing so instead I run to the side right click with my melee and turn toward the DT he will miss because on his screen before his attack will reg I already move out of the way (his screen might show that he hit me but it will not count) so I will disappear on his screen he will turn to look to me and then be killed by my right click and be mad because on his screen he hit me but on my he didn't the server might decide on my favor but if it decide on his it will only count for 1 hit so If I'm vested I will just lose my vest) you can get a free vest in Zm2 Shipyard)
    I completely agree with you about the one person shooting with you but what you don't know is that 200 ping suck in CQC combat (I'm a 12 ping) Thank to the way the refresh rate work low ping actually get a advantage in knife fight. So let go to Combat school ok I weaken DT down to flashing state (it a !v1 sit) I have 12 ping he have 200 ping by default mutant are always faster than soldier now he going to see me switch to my melee let say the melee is the FP RC one becuz everyone have that (should) it take about 1 sec before I can attack. Usually player that are going for the kill stop moving backward and start moving forward. So he think upon seeing that to Right click Me see the right click I would already be able to swing so instead I run to the side right click with my melee and turn toward the DT he will miss because on his screen before his attack will reg I already move out of the way (his screen might show that he hit me but it will not count) so I will disappear on his screen he will turn to look to me and then be killed by my right click and be mad because on his screen he hit me but on my he didn't the server might decide on my favor but if it decide on his it will only count for 1 hit so If I'm vested I will just lose my vest) you can get a free vest in Zm2 Shipyard)
    I know how to melee them, I used to do it all the time and get kicked. But still, it can mutate you through walls. By the time you're nading yourself, he can get to you pretty quick or any other mutant. And btw, I used Barrett, so I rarely put him 500- HP, I always get the kill when I shoot him without seeing him go red.
  • That the disadvantage about using the m82 vips so you role should be a Sniper role you should pair up with a Mutant killer (look for my mutation guide) (it's called Darkfiro's Mutantion Guide or something close. it in the Guide section ok enough of my shameless advert but really your true goal is too Assist the mutant killers you have a m82 making you the most able person to save players by shooting them once. As long as DT doesn't get any Attention toward you, you should be safe. though what you should really do is kill the berserker and titan class mutant and only shoot the slug once.
    That the disadvantage about using the m82 vips so you role should be a Sniper role you should pair up with a Mutant killer (look for my mutation guide) (it's called Darkfiro's Mutantion Guide or something close. it in the Guide section ok enough of my shameless advert but really your true goal is too Assist the mutant killers you have a m82 making you the most able person to save players by shooting them once. As long as DT doesn't get any Attention toward you, you should be safe. though what you should really do is kill the berserker and titan class mutant and only shoot the slug once.

You know that it's not many people in this version that have common sense, me going to a group of clueless people with a Barrett will be a disaster. They will just look at me crouching while there are 10 mutants coming our way (this already happened a ton of times). While I was just playing a match, I got infected by the grenade and nobody shot me because I refused to give my weapon.

Also about the reward thing, it's just another way of making money, really. 1K points per day, 1st box is 5K, 2nd 15K, and the last one might be 50K. Imagine doing this without buying it with ZP and you get a Mutation Mag which stacks with the one from Item Shop? Yeah, pretty F'd up.
  • First game, I turned into a terminator from a titan, 13k hp and a 6k dmg right click....

10 minute game only gave me .5% on the growth bar.this is pretty pointless when I have to play 200+ games for a chance at a mutation mag
  • New suggestions:

- The grenade from DT could have a 50% chance of failing the infection, and there could be an achievement with 4 levels. Each level of that achievement increases your chance of you not getting mutated by 5%.

For example;

Achievement Level 1 → 55%

Achievement Level 2 → 60%

Achievement Level 3 → 65%

Achievement Level 4 → 70%

- The DT could only have a limited amount of grenades. I'd say 3 or 5 per game. When you're DT you can easily farm MANY kills. If there is a big group of people, let's say 10 players camping somewhere, you can hit them with the grenade and get 10 easy points, wait 6 seconds, and hit again, another 6 seconds, and keep going. In those 6 seconds you can heal once or twice. You heal 1K HP per 3 seconds, the grenade costs 500 HP.

- Make DT"s grenade act like a normal one. It's dumb that you can infect people through walls with the grenade. So if it acted like a normal one, that wouldn't happen. (Obviously, you know that if you throw a grenade behind the wall, it won't affect the person on the other side of the wall).