Private Ban List

Add the user into your ban list, then he/she can't join the room that you created.

in my opinion, that is the best way to get rid of cheaters :)

isn't it?

Comments

• of course no ... its not from business of any body to prevent any one to join any room .. then if a pro playing many will ban him after while he wont can join to about 90% rooms he would play in !!
  • I actually kind of like this suggest.

Each player can make a list of players, suppose we call this list Enemies List. If the Player is the host then those people can't join his room unless invited by the player. But...some stipulations....

No more than 25 people on the list. This means that you have to change it out every so often as hackers are banned and create new accounts and at the same time prevents anyone host from selectively keeping others. 25 should more than cover the known abusive hackers as they show up though. While it COULD be used on normal players who don't hack by having it set to 25 you're not likely to limit that many people.

This method would prevent a hacker from joining mid-game too if he's a known hacker on the Hosts list. And without the ability to use the Kick Vote System currently that'd be pretty nice. (of course if this were to get implemented it'll probably take awhile and happen when we have the KVS back)
  • According to my suggestion, A player cant join the game only if he/she is in the list of the room host, not the other players's list. I think this point is missed.

Of course this feature will be abused as the other feature( for example kicking system is mostly abused as farming). But fulfilling the list wtih pro-users cannot be accepted as common behaviour. I am sure it we will be used for only cheaters, hackers, insulters etc.

BTW list length limit is also fine
  • Ixith wrote: »
    I actually kind of like this suggest.

Each player can make a list of players, suppose we call this list Enemies List. If the Player is the host then those people can't join his room unless invited by the player. But...some stipulations....

No more than 25 people on the list. This means that you have to change it out every so often as hackers are banned and create new accounts and at the same time prevents anyone host from selectively keeping others. 25 should more than cover the known abusive hackers as they show up though. While it COULD be used on normal players who don't hack by having it set to 25 you're not likely to limit that many people.

This method would prevent a hacker from joining mid-game too if he's a known hacker on the Hosts list. And without the ability to use the Kick Vote System currently that'd be pretty nice. (of course if this were to get implemented it'll probably take awhile and happen when we have the KVS back)

Maybe if we reduce that 25 to 1-3 maybe.. tbh I think its a dumb ideea. These days we barely meet a cheater on public games so.. If you can't face a strong enemy that doesn't mean he cheat, it means you are a bad player or you aim is bad. If I'd be a noob I'll block 25 good people who rekt me in the previous games and GG :D It will be abused
    Ranked match its filled with cheaters, find a suggestion to get rid of cheaters not to get rid of good players.
  • of course no ... its not from business of any body to prevent any one to join any room .. then if a pro playing many will ban him after while he wont can join to about 90% rooms he would play in !!
    +1 , all will ban the pro :D
  • but it will be better if your suggestion will work only if you are the host of the room