Monthly AMA with the GMs!

So my idea is to have a monthly interview type with the GMs where players can ask questions through the chat or have a thread where players can post some questions and then the GMs can answer them in interview/live stream.

Some of the topics they could talk about:

1) Content Suggestions by the players.
2) Future Events/Suggestions from Players.
3) Competive scene and improvements.
4) Website suggestions and improvements.

Those are some ideas. It would be really nice if we got get this since we did have a few interviews (AMA) in the past with the ex-GMS. Share your feedback/thoughts! ;)

Comments

• "kanadian are you gril?" or "will you marry me?!" -everyone

Sounds like a neat idea to me!
  • [MOD]Moe wrote: »
    "kanadian are you gril?" or "will you marry me?!" -everyone

Sounds like a neat idea to me!

Haha! Obviously the GMs can pick what question is suitable and just answer them in the live interview.

Or make a thread a few days before the interview and then pick a few questions from the thread while answering a few from the live stream chat.
  • abel95 wrote: »
    Haha! Obviously the GMs can pick what question is suitable and just answer them in the live interview.

That undermines the purpose of an "Ask me Anything".

If it is an AMA, they are going to have to put up with questions which might be out of their comfort zones. So I'd suggest them opening a thread, us posting our questions, and them picking some of them out and talking about it in a video.
    Or make a thread a few days before the interview and then pick a few questions from the thread while answering a few from the live stream chat.

This would probably be your best option. A 'Questions Box/Forum Topic' in which questions that people want to ask are placed. Then the GMs can choose the decent ones without the super massive spam like as what happens on the GM Twitch Streams on Fridays. I will say though that it loses the active interview feel and gives the GMs the ability to choose easy out questions instead of ones that people actually WANT to hear an answer to so it'll continue to be the same ambiguous knowledge on things as they've always given us. And doubt they'll give up 'sneak peaks' at upcoming updates either...

Never understood why we have to wait until the update is finished to find out what the update has in store for us. Like seriously? no previews a couple days before? And yet they'll do their ZP Bonus sales starting 1-2 days before the updates and ending the day after. So you don't WANT to buy until you see what's in the update...but then you feel rushed to buy before you lose out on a potential bonus.
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    That undermines the purpose of an "Ask me Anything".

If it is an AMA, they are going to have to put up with questions which might be out of their comfort zones. So I'd suggest them opening a thread, us posting our questions, and them picking some of them out and talking about it in a video.

I think you misunderstood me. That's what I exaclty meant in my previous posts. It's basically a AMA related to CrossFire.

But due to the large amount players (based on the GM Stream), they can't answer everyone's question.
  • I remember we used to do these with Saidin, HPX and the older mods...will definitely put it forward though....
  • +1. I need to ask [GM]Kanadian again where he got his Raccoon T-shirt because I already forgot it... ;-;
  • r/AMAㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
  • My longtime cf friend Banned wants 2 questions answered

1) @Kanadian, what products exactly do you use to aid your beard growth? Banned's beard is a little too "pubey" and he's looking to make the change.

2) He's currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science was wondering if you would consider hiring him at the end of his program. He said he wanted to become [GM]Murican and part of a bearded GM duo with [GM]Kanadian.

Thanks
  • My longtime cf friend Banned wants 2 questions answered
    1) @Kanadian, what products exactly do you use to aid your beard growth? Banned's beard is a little too "pubey" and he's looking to make the change.
    2) He's currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science was wondering if you would consider hiring him at the end of his program. He said he wanted to become [GM]Murican and part of a bearded GM duo with [GM]Kanadian. Thanks
    1) Nothing to grow it in particular, but Clubman Pinauds Beard Oil works really well to keep it 'alive'.
    2) We currently aren't hiring at the moment and don't release any employment info publicly.
    So my idea is to have a monthly interview type with the GMs where players can ask questions through the chat or have a thread where players can post some questions and then the GMs can answer them in interview/live stream.

Some of the topics they could talk about:

1) Content Suggestions by the players.
    2) Future Events/Suggestions from Players.
    3) Competive scene and improvements.
    4) Website suggestions and improvements.

Those are some ideas. It would be really nice if we got get this since we did have a few interviews (AMA) in the past with the ex-GMS. Share your feedback/thoughts! ;)

yes
    this is a great idea
  • Yes please!
    This would be something i'll be attending everytime!