Friday GM Streams

As many of you know the GM's host a twitch stream every Friday at 4pm EST(https://www.twitch.tv/cfonline) and do raffles and code give-a-ways. Lately I've been noticing that more people have been watching the stream with just under 500 people on last week and only about 400 or so today. I've also noticed that the codes that have been given out have a limit to them of what I would guess is 50-100 uses. Before when the stream first started basically everyone would be able to redeem the code and even when more players started to log on to watch the GM's (say around 300 people watching) it still seemed like most people were able to get the codes. Today on the stream a code was given out and in the time it took to copy and paste the code it was already over the limit. That takes under ten seconds and even with 400 people watching I can't imagine that they'd all be able to do the same in much less time.

My suggestion is that the code limits be raised to reflect the increased number of viewers or instead of a number of uses just leave the codes alive for about 60 seconds. Anyone who is actively watching the stream will have adequate time to get the code if they so choose, but not so much time that they can enter the code on fourteen different accounts. You might say that not everyone needs to get a code during the streams, but that's exactly the mentality that lowers the viewing rate instead of growing the total viewers. Also the items are temporary anyways and have a low rate for getting the 30 day versions so there's really nothing to be lost.

Comments

• I was trying to persuade Dupree in sending me the Codes when he gets the Chance as I tend to overlook the codes when they are posted in the chat, but he declined saying that if he dilly-dallies, the Code will have reached it's limit.

I frankly thought he was over-exaggerating at first. Seems like I was wrong.

Your requests sounds reasonable. Pass.
  • Yea codes go by REALLY fast. So I support this completely. I'd also say you'd be fine to give out up to 5 codes per Stream even WITH the 60 second duration of the codes. From what I've heard more codes used to be given out. And likewise not ALL codes have to be GM crates either. Especially now that we have the EP Shop. You could do 3 GM crates and 2 random amounts of low, but worthwhile, EP points. Especially since the EP shop is new this would help promote it and get people thinking about obtaining EP and using it often.

I'll even go one FURTHER step and say with 400 people in the stream at the time of the waterfall of processed canned food, AKA Spam....AKA Raffle, that One person winning is pretty lame. Up that to 5 people when there's just crates being given out. Maybe 1 person can win A weapon if the GM's win a weapon during the spinning before the raffle. And if they win more than one weapon maybe 2 of the raffle winners can receive one of the weapons. But ultimately I'd say 5 ZP crates for 5 people would be a nice solid number for the raffle to go based on too. (Or you could raffle off EP again just in a higher amount than the codes would give away as well. Because again promotion of a new feature never hurts).
    But Honestly...1 person in 400 winning a raffle with that raffle only being 3 GP (expensive GP) Crate and 3 ZP Crates makes people think you're kinda cheap.

Ultimately making these changes and spreading the word about it would likely bring in MORE viewers to the stream which COULD increase activity and thus player counts online as well.
  • I suggested to increase the codes limit even on twitch chat few weeks ago.. last time i remember I got a temporary chat block for writing the word "codes" and I was not able to join the raffle. They want more than 500 people but they can't give a prize to 500... If i remember kanadian said that if we reach a higher number of people he will be able to ask for more/better rewards... well.. its not going that way. You need more/better rewards for people to come :)
  • If these codes don't contain ZP crates nor ribbons, then I couldn't care less LOL. To the players who do care, I agree with this suggestion made by iAnarchy, + 1 overall.
  • +1 If you didn't have the codes or the raffle, I doubt many players would watch the GM stream.
  • abel95 wrote: »
    +1 If you didn't have the codes or the raffle, I doubt many players would watch the GM stream.

Lol just watch the chat for a few seconds and any bystander could see that the give-a-ways play a big role in the streams success. I think it would also be cool if while the GM's showed off the new weapons they each gave a quick personal review of the weapon during the stream. Nothing fancy many like: "Wow I've got terrible aim, but this weapon is so good that i'm hitting headshots left and right."