August Tourny.

Dates:
August 22-26 8pm server time (eastern)

The matches can be played out at a different time if both teams are agreeable. The matches MUST be played before the next set are ready.

I was thinking of doing double elimination, if people are up for it.

A screen shot must be taken while looking towards the enemy spawn and holding tab when the game starts . Don't be a nab, you are here because you play gm and will have an idea where the enemy spawn is.

You can use what ever screen catpure software you want , the built-in one works just fine . ( hit PrtSc to take a ss) any modified screen shots will result in the dq of the player IF it was during the first match. After that the team will get dq'd. Same goes with sketchy players . If a replay is reviewed and a player is found too suspicious to be allowed to continue they will be dq'd in the first round. If the player is questioned and found guilty of cheating playing against a later team , the whole team will get dq'd. I hope you all know and trust your teammates.

All match scores must be tracked with SS. Have someone save the replays whether there were issues or not.

Prizes with 8 teams:

50k zp each for First place
25k zp each for Second place
10k zp each for Third place

std 5v5, 2 subs.

Map rotation:

Hakenkruez
Metro
Biofacility
Complex
Tranquility
Nightfall
Lab

To speed things up each night will have it's own map instead of doing map bans.

7 round games. Two full matches shall be played. Total rounds win.
If a tie happens and 1 win 1 loss Ie (1-1-1) Lab will be the 4th map.

Sub:
If a sub is needed they will replace that player for rest of the tourney. We want balanced players, not a team to pick 5 gr and 5 bl.
Only exception to this rule is if they can prove they starter player had a dc.

Dc : if a player disconnects from the game completely a sub can take over and give up the spot for the return of the main . If this happens a ss must be provided.
Or they can simply chose the sub to take over.

Client errors: if you get one , take a ss. Rejoin the game , if this somehow gets abused to get some extra picks a round will be lost.

VIPS: No one playing shall have them equipped.

BL Weapons:
All non vip axes.
Standard knife and variants (no daggers :P)
Balloon hammer.

GR Weapons:
Melees stated above.

Primary weapons:

Rifles:

Ak-47
Ak-47 Blue Crystal
Ak-47 Gold
Ak-47 Silver
G36K
K-2
M4A1
M4A1 FP (silenced and non)
M4A1 Crystal
M4A1 Custom
M4A1 Custom Crystal
M4A1 Gold
M4A1 Silver
Scar Light
Xm8

Snipers:

AWM

Shotguns:

Spas-12
XM1014

SMG:

K1A
Mp5

No machine guns.

Secondaries:

All except Mauser and variants, no dual DE, no vip DE

Throwing weapons:
No coloured smoke, no wide nades.

Only items allowed:
Breathe down, expand nade slot, rapid plant / defuse.

Gp Charactors only.
I would never hear the end of it if a team won with a spop -.-

Server fox5 (NA6-5)

Comments

• If you have questions or suggestions post them here: http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?317402-August-tourny

Let's keep this thread for sign ups. If you have to ask how to get 50kzp this likely in not the event for you. This is a competitive ghost mode tournament that anyone is welcome to make a team and participate in but you need to read and understand the rules. Again any questions the other thread is open for discussion.

For the single elim vs double. I hate seeing good teams die out in the first rounds because two stacked teams face off or the other team was given a stronger map. So at the very least I would do a double elim after first rounds. So 4 teams would not get to play again after Monday. I'll post up the brackets and see what people are interested in when I get a chance.
  • Team name: Aversion
    1. FrozenPizza
    2. Nocturnal
    3. JudgeSim
    4. Infernoplex
    5. Snakelord
    6. Aftershock
    7. AfterImage?
  • To help a little with the F2P players the balloon hammer will also be allowed.
  • Team Name: Etherion
    1. Multiii
    2. MapleSyrup
    3. Oblivion
    4. Bird?
    5. Piero
    6. Anarchy
    7. Nelson?
  • Team Name: Fish Meme
    1. Destroy3030.
    2. themingler
    3. Wiss1995
    4. billsgoku
    5. Sweatshirt
    6. Serenity-
  • Team Name: Fallen
    1. 1847
    2. Skyline
    3. *Marijuana_
    4. Sykes
    5. XOX
    6. Punani
    7 2Cute?
  • Well with 4 teams this doesn't seem like the upbeat tourny I had hoped for.

In part it is my fault, I have not been active and that does not help. Nothing I can do about it now, or in the foreseeable future. Between the job the kids and the renos real life does not leave time to be on constantly anymore. I get on time to time but don't see many of the old player left anymore. Most of the new players are not really tourny players as they enjoy zp too much. When I am on my main people would ask me when the next tourny is, for months I had said planning for august but where are the sign ups now?

A bunch of people kept asking me if I knew of teams looking for some, even my own clan when I asked them to put together a team was like weeeeeeeell who's on it? If you make it we will join sort of attitude.

From my view the fun is gone, people are interested in winning more than just playing. Looks like it's time to revive the mini games my brother and I used to host. Bring the fun back before trying to do the serious part.

I'll try again when things are more active. I mean if I'm going to spend 500$ on prizes I'm going to make you guys work for it :P
  • don't see many of the old player left anymore.

Looks like it's time to revive the mini games my brother and I used to host. I'm going to make you guys work for it :P

The worst part of crossfire is slowly watching every one you once knew leave the game.

i have an idea for a mini-game (well i have many), dress yourself up in armour, kukri, bd, fall reduction, spop, m4vip, and host a 1v1 room. challengers have to beat you using knife on bl and mp7 on GR. if they win, you give 10kzp!
  • I'll add that to our mini games list XD

Also a big thanks to those that tried to promote this. Ajay really lol. Supdawg for the post in his discord channel.
  • Thanks for trying to do something good for the ghost mode scene, sadly the community is pretty much dead or refuse to sign up. If you ever decide to play Overwatch hmu up there..
  • It was a good try other Andrew. You've hosted some fun tournaments already so you can still be proud of those accomplishments.
  • Well with 4 teams this doesn't seem like the upbeat tourny I had hoped for.

In part it is my fault, I have not been active and that does not help. Nothing I can do about it now, or in the foreseeable future. Between the job the kids and the renos real life does not leave time to be on constantly anymore. I get on time to time but don't see many of the old player left anymore. Most of the new players are not really tourny players as they enjoy zp too much. When I am on my main people would ask me when the next tourny is, for months I had said planning for august but where are the sign ups now?

A bunch of people kept asking me if I knew of teams looking for some, even my own clan when I asked them to put together a team was like weeeeeeeell who's on it? If you make it we will join sort of attitude.

From my view the fun is gone, people are interested in winning more than just playing. Looks like it's time to revive the mini games my brother and I used to host. Bring the fun back before trying to do the serious part.

I'll try again when things are more active. I mean if I'm going to spend 500$ on prizes I'm going to make you guys work for it :P

Move the tournament up by a month or two, end of august isn't really a good timeframe for most of crossfire demographic.
    Additionally get some people to help you organize the tournament. We got the ONEvONE tournament up and running from inception to execution within 3 days. It was hectic but at least it got started and finished with fun all around. I had to go in game and annoy players one by one to get the word out that there was a tournament happening. Without official exposure, trying to host a tournament like this is highly dependent on how involved you are in the community and in the game. From what I've heard you don't even play crossfire anymore, heh.
  • iPhoenixi wrote: »
    Move the tournament up by a month or two, end of august isn't really a good timeframe for most of crossfire demographic.
    Additionally get some people to help you organize the tournament. We got the ONEvONE tournament up and running from inception to execution within 3 days. It was hectic but at least it got started and finished with fun all around. I had to go in game and annoy players one by one to get the word out that there was a tournament happening. Without official exposure, trying to host a tournament like this is highly dependent on how involved you are in the community and in the game. From what I've heard you don't even play crossfire anymore, heh.

You have to think of the difference in the number of people playing and the time frame that they would have to be free over the week long tournament. I think weekends would have worked better, just maybe not the one that was listed.
  • BeastinMid wrote: »
    Thanks for trying to do something good for the ghost mode scene, sadly the community is pretty much dead or refuse to sign up. If you ever decide to play Overwatch hmu up there..

I doubt I'll pick up another pvp, I prefer pve or team vs e. CF was my exception :(
    But if it happens will do :P
    iAnarchy wrote: »
    It was a good try other Andrew. You've hosted some fun tournaments already so you can still be proud of those accomplishments.
    The previous ones were a lot of fun. Perhaps they needed to be more often than 6 months apart to keep things alive.
    iPhoenixi wrote: »

Perhaps. We had done August before and it had worked well. Wouldn't hurt to try and see what people have available.

Ajay is my executive people poker. He helps spread the word. People know about it as I get random people asking when the next one is and what not but the people either can't navigate the forums or just can't seem to get a team to jive.

I did get some in game announcements for previous ones but it didn't seem to bring in any extra teams.

Well yeah I already stated I'm not super active, I get on cf a few times a week. Sometimes for a few hours others for 10 mins to check on the clan. Nothing I can do about that part of the problem, thus revisiting our old mi****mes sounded exciting. Try to make the time I do get on more interesting than just pubbing.