United Crossfire

I think it would be a really good idea if the different companies that own own crossfire through the various regions around the world should communicate and work together.

Each Crossfire version has it's own unique solution to problems and both positives and negatives. If the crossfires worked together, rather than working hard to come up with special solutions to problems, maybe another version has a solution and simple and effective communication between version companies could fix that problem.

Comments

• They all get different content updates at different times, it's not just simple copy and paste. The language has to be changed, multiple things. Basically we already have this due to the developers being the same for every version.
  • This is hard work and plain how much you think there is every person who works on a certain thing, and this takes more time.?
  • All CF versions are owned by Smilegate. The developers for all CF versions are the same. Every version eventually gets what other bigger versions have already. The biggest version is the Chinese and they get first of all the newest content. So basically the content is just copy pasted with some small changes and sent to the rest of the versions later. Each version has its GMs who maintain the servers and provide support to the player base. All of them are in direct contact with the Smilegate developers and notify them for any issues problems. So it is completely up to Smilegate about fixing errors and bugs.
    My opinion?
    This is a very bad bussiness model, there shouldn't be versions at all, there should be one single and solid game in which the developers could concetrate. Though it seems to be very profitable for them so i really doubt anything will change as long they keep earning money.
  • K4ZR4G0R3 wrote: »
    All CF versions are owned by Smilegate. The developers for all CF versions are the same. Every version eventually gets what other bigger versions have already. The biggest version is the Chinese and they get first of all the newest content. So basically the content is just copy pasted with some small changes and sent to the rest of the versions later. Each version has its GMs who maintain the servers and provide support to the player base. All of them are in direct contact with the Smilegate developers and notify them for any issues problems. So it is completely up to Smilegate about fixing errors and bugs.
    My opinion?
    This is a very bad bussiness model, there shouldn't be versions at all, there should be one single and solid game in which the developers could concetrate. Though it seems to be very profitable for them so i really doubt anything will change as long they keep earning money.

True 100%
  • K4ZR4G0R3 wrote: »
    All CF versions are owned by Smilegate. The developers for all CF versions are the same. Every version eventually gets what other bigger versions have already. The biggest version is the Chinese and they get first of all the newest content. So basically the content is just copy pasted with some small changes and sent to the rest of the versions later. Each version has its GMs who maintain the servers and provide support to the player base. All of them are in direct contact with the Smilegate developers and notify them for any issues problems. So it is completely up to Smilegate about fixing errors and bugs.
    My opinion?

I agree too%, smilegate needs to change something.
  • It's not for content, I was thinking more for bug fixes and solutions to hackers. I think Z8 games has done a really good job with their version, I just believe it'll make the lives of the GM's a little easier to communicate with other versions for technical issues that they might have already faced. I'm not asking them to change any content.
  • no it's not just copy/pasted code. Some things might be mainly graphic related things such as the weapon models/skins and the files that hold their related info, but there are TONS of little edits here and there that need to be made to fit the region and due to the different player bases wanting certain things those edits get changed even more to try to better meet what the player base wants to see. I mean content and bug/patch wise it makes A LOT of sense to push all the different versions to follow/use the same systems and updates and if you've been paying attention they have done that to a degree. but to do it all the way would mean that anything special that we have that other versions don't we would probably have to say goodbye to, such as permanent coupon weapons.

And honestly I'm sure there's probably a Dev forum where the GMs of every version can communicate with each other and the Devs about common issues and solutions etc etc. If there isn't...then there should be but even if there isn't a Dev Forum then there's probably SOME sort of info exchange channel they use to do that anyways.