Web API

It's better for web developers than sniffing content from file. Could we please get an API so web developers can do some cool stuff with the crossfire data (mostly user / clan data)?

I know that the chance of this even becoming remotely a possibility is so nil that it's pointless to suggest but simply the hope keeps the suggestion alive. Something like how Guild Wars 2 has their API would be a dream come true.

It's definitely not a very difficult thing to do and a basic json API would be much appreciated. And I know most people, in fact a majority of people, won't understand or know the importance of this suggestion.

Comments

• I hardly am versed in that kind of thing, but I'd assume you'd need an API for those custom signatures which pull data from your CrossFire Profile, for example? Kills, Deaths, and the like?

The Guild Wars 2 API is quite extensive from what I've seen. I'd wager having something as extensive as the GW2 API would benefit the CrossFire Wikia by quite the large margin.

If I'm not completely off-base, heck, I'd be all for it.
  • M1600wner wrote: »
    I hardly am versed in that kind of thing, but I'd assume you'd need an API for those custom signatures which pull data from your CrossFire Profile, for example? Kills, Deaths, and the like?

The Guild Wars 2 API is quite extensive from what I've seen. I'd wager having something as extensive as the GW2 API would benefit the CrossFire Wikia by quite the large margin.

If I'm not completely off-base, heck, I'd be all for it.

Yeah, essentially that's it. An API spits out data regardless of whether it's an integer or string, essentially allowing third-party developers to utilize that data to build their own websites / software. It would definitely boost CrossFire Wikia, maybe even the esports scene / tournament scene / clan management scene.
  • It sure would help certain parts of cf community to have various websites and applications with cf content.

Hope to see this happen