Display player's "Ping" in Room Lobby

My idea/suggestion is to have the player's "Ping" displayed in game room lobbies. This will help us assess and decide if we want to play with a bunch of 200+ pingers... before entering into the game.

Comments

• Not like the names are a dead give away. I would like to see ping limited rooms rather than this. Just my opinion
  • +1

You have the right to choose to play with them
  • +1, Wow a genius idea can go a long way! The only problem with this is that Hosts would take very long to start a game, because he/she would be busy kicking so many countless laggers. Other than that, it would be awesome, as we could finally start a good quality room game.
  • Interesting. This is something that could maybe be looked into in the future.
  • This is an interesting idea. However, we must not forget that we are all one, and should not discriminate, nor be discriminated against. Our brothers and sisters from Egypt have just as much of a right to play this game as us!

Kicking our fellow Egyptian brothers and sisters from games solely due to their background is just not ethical, and I hope you make the right decision my friends.
  • Our brothers and sisters from Egypt have just as much of a right to play this game as us!

For once, you're not wrong. I like this new you.
  • Interesting. This is something that could maybe be looked into in the future.

Good to hear.
    +1
  • For once, you're not wrong. I like this new you.

Thank you brother, I look forward to helping this community alongside you and your peers.
  • This is an interesting idea. However, we must not forget that we are all one, and should not discriminate, nor be discriminated against. Our brothers and sisters from Egypt have just as much of a right to play this game as us!

Kicking our fellow Egyptian brothers and sisters from games solely due to their background is just not ethical, and I hope you make the right decision my friends.

I respect that
  • Thank you brother.

Dying inside. Your message shows its true colours well to the old forumers. 10/10 Lol.

Whilst this idea may seem great it will only lead to unnecessary ping discrimination.
  • +1. That this isn't suggest before. Wow o.O
  • Personally I think this could go well. The 'Unnecessary' ping discrimination can go both ways. If there's a room nearly full of low pingers and a high pingers walks into the room they too have the option to consider if they want to join or not. Unfortunately many of them probably will still join because 'pls gib me VIB bls!' but I'm sure it will help deter some. And then if you join a room that's the opposite spectrum of ping that you generally have well...GG if you get kicked. It's essentially a step towards the item that can restrict individual room's ping limits as well.

So Kanadian....make it so! ...or well...ask for it to be made so pls. x]

(also inb4 *someone* says 'think solution for them!!!! Y no middle east server?!!' )
  • Ixith wrote: »
    Personally I think this could go well. The 'Unnecessary' ping discrimination can go both ways. If there's a room nearly full of low pingers and a high pingers walks into the room they too have the option to consider if they want to join or not. Unfortunately many of them probably will still join because 'pls gib me VIB bls!' but I'm sure it will help deter some. And then if you join a room that's the opposite spectrum of ping that you generally have well...GG if you get kicked. It's essentially a step towards the item that can restrict individual room's ping limits as well.

So Kanadian....make it so! ...or well...ask for it to be made so pls. x]

(also inb4 *someone* says 'think solution for them!!!! Y no middle east server?!!' )

Let's be honest here. Knowing full well that if this feature were to ever come, do you really think people would allow anyone above a certain ping into the room? It would become a greater kick fest than it already was / is. Once this starts an all new war will begin, except not so much on the battlefield. High pingers will just find rooms with low ping players and retaliate by kicking them back the moment they join the game.

The game is better of hiding the ping of all the players in the room only stating their own, just to themselves.
  • Let's be honest here. Knowing full well that if this feature were to ever come, do you really think people would allow anyone above a certain ping into the room? It would become a greater kick fest than it already was / is. Once this starts an all new war will begin, except not so much on the battlefield. High pingers will just find rooms with low ping players and retaliate by kicking them back the moment they join the game.

The game is better of hiding the ping of all the players in the room only stating their own, just to themselves.

Well thats not our problem thb. High pingers (talking about 220+ and spiking) bring down the gameplay. Teleporting, not being able to reg on them etc You know what im talking about.
    If they arent able to get a decent internet connection or live on the other side of the earth they should reconsider if playing CF NA is the best choice for them. They are lucky they are even allowed to play this game with such an internet connection, In most games they would get kicked automatically by the server.
    So again, +1 for this suggestion.
  • Honestly, I'd rather us start to address the issues plaguing this game than repress them some more. If Ping were to be made a bigger visible aspect of the game maybe some people would actually learn what it means and how it effects the game instead of thinking it's some mystical number that comes out of thin air. Once that realization is made I think many people wouldn't bother joining the rooms full of people of the opposite spectrum anyways.

and as far as CF becoming a kick fest...only times i'm on UK is for forumer rooms or when NA servers crash...so don't know how it is there...but it's already a kick fest on NA whenever the high pingers are involved. You can be in a room just spectating and watch them battle it out between each other. So while I do see what you mean and will admit there will be trolls who purposefully join a room just to try to kick the other spectrum of pingers chances are they'll just fall flat then because MOST low pingers won't stoop to that and the high pingers that do will be joining a room full of low pingers who, unless they have a real vendetta against the person being kicked, will f12 on that vote and then promptly kick the vote abuser since A) he's abusing the vote and B) is disrupting the room.