Points Accumulation Reward System

Let's say certain weapons (perm ones) in the game, maybe VIP, give you a certain amount of points when you register it. What i mean by register it is to show you have the weapon and so each kind of weapon gives a certain amount of points.
The points are not one-time, for example let's say you get yourself a permanent Halloween Shovel. It gives 8 points when you register it. You can't register it again this month but come next month, you can do it again.
Like this, we accumulate points for rewards.

Whaddya think?

Comments

• so in other words...by winning stuff you get another way of constantly generating a new point type to 'purchase' more rewards of some kind.

I suggest you flesh this idea out more with more specifics particularly on what the rewards would be and how this wouldn't just be tossing in more essentially free lame things. However as it stands now i'm going to give it a no vote from me. Simply because of the fact it's rewarding you for winning a reward and continues to do so over every month for unknown rewards.
    Now if they made a 'Win x Amount of Shovels' ribbon and thus you win however many crate shovels to get that ribbon i'm fine with that. More ribbons like that to promote spinning ZP and GP crates wouldn't be a bad idea in terms of potentially generating more money from selling ZP for them. Plus it'd give players more chances at ribbons which sometimes reward specials like the one that gives out the Pink Desert Eagle.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    so in other words...by winning stuff you get another way of constantly generating a new point type to 'purchase' more rewards of some kind.

I suggest you flesh this idea out more with more specifics particularly on what the rewards would be and how this wouldn't just be tossing in more essentially free lame things. However as it stands now i'm going to give it a no vote from me. Simply because of the fact it's rewarding you for winning a reward and continues to do so over every month for unknown rewards.
    Now if they made a 'Win x Amount of Shovels' ribbon and thus you win however many crate shovels to get that ribbon i'm fine with that. More ribbons like that to promote spinning ZP and GP crates wouldn't be a bad idea in terms of potentially generating more money from selling ZP for them. Plus it'd give players more chances at ribbons which sometimes reward specials like the one that gives out the Pink Desert Eagle.

Sorry, I think you have something confused here. I don't understand what you're suggesting with these ribbons thing. I know it's related to ranked but my point is that isn't the objective of this system.
    Yes, it's true that you can win more things by winning certain things but this isn't something over a short period of time. I'm talking 8-12 months. Let's say a reward weapon requires 200-400 points, and on average most players barely have 2 or 3 "rare" weapons which give in total around 24 points. Now you see when I say over a long period of time. The rewards need to be anything but lame. They need to be something that would really get players going. I feel goals are an essential part of any game if you want to be playing for a long time. Even more so, when you achieve the goal you're more attached.
  • What about free crates and noops?

huh? I don't get it.
  • So basically...BP without BP

I forgot how the BP Mall worked but wasn't that also to do with the ZP you buy as well?
  • Mr_Aheael wrote: »
    I forgot how the BP Mall worked but wasn't that also to do with the ZP you buy as well?

yea you got like 100 or 1000 BP for every 10,000 ZP you bought or something like that. And then there were some permanent items to be bought in the BP web page and lots of temp stuff.

The point was that if we're to get anything extra for having won something I'd rather it be ribbons for having won certain amounts of a certain type of weapon or set of skins like some ribbons have. (like the own any 3 Pink Weapons Ribbon or whatever) and since there's Ribbons for having so many Ribbons and those ones generally reward permanent items that would be your extra useful bonus for having won something in the BM.

As far as you BM items giving 8 points a month and not many people having "2 or 3 'rare' weapons" ....let's assume all ZP BM weapons are those 8 pointers....and that VIPs don't count...I have 16 (at least according to my collections profile here) ZP BM weapons. And while I certainly have more than your average players because I fairly regularly, as of lately, been buying ZP and spinning and miraculously winning over the last 5 months....I, by no means, have any where near the amount of quite a fair few ZP players in this game. So if each weapon I have, gets 8 points each, each month under this system that's 16*8=128 within a month and 128*12=1536 within the year. And if your reward weapons are 200-400 points a piece that means within 1 year I can gather at least 3 if at 400 points a piece but maybe as many as 7 (almost 8) if at 200 points a piece. And again...while I have more than the average player, I don't have squat compared to some of the real ZP players. And then would you include GP crate weapons at like 4 points a piece? Cause I do have lots of those as well as I'm sure most ZP players have those as well. What about coupon weapons do they count for anything?
    At the end of the day....all this system does is create a larger gap between ZP buying lucky players and the free player base with rewards. All the while...what are the rewards? If they're to be useful it'd have to be something dandy that people who buy ZP would want otherwise the system is a waste....but if they're too nice then some people gather the rewards really fast while free players may never gather them. Causing more rage and salt. But the acquisition rates are going to be all over the place on these regardless due to the crazy imbalance on people's luck or money situation and i'd rather the game not focus on THAT aspect for a continual thing such as this.

I think instead of coming up with yet another new system for extra rewards. We need to review and revise our current systems such as the Daily Mission, Attendance, FP rewards, and so on. We don't need yet another point currency market for rewards when there's LOTS of room for improvement on the existing systems.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    yea you got like 100 or 1000 BP for every 10,000 ZP you bought or something like that. And then there were some permanent items to be bought in the BP web page and lots of temp stuff.

The point was that if we're to get anything extra for having won something I'd rather it be ribbons for having won certain amounts of a certain type of weapon or set of skins like some ribbons have. (like the own any 3 Pink Weapons Ribbon or whatever) and since there's Ribbons for having so many Ribbons and those ones generally reward permanent items that would be your extra useful bonus for having won something in the BM.

As far as you BM items giving 8 points a month and not many people having "2 or 3 'rare' weapons" ....let's assume all ZP BM weapons are those 8 pointers....and that VIPs don't count...I have 16 (at least according to my collections profile here) ZP BM weapons. And while I certainly have more than your average players because I fairly regularly, as of lately, been buying ZP and spinning and miraculously winning over the last 5 months....I, by no means, have any where near the amount of quite a fair few ZP players in this game. So if each weapon I have, gets 8 points each, each month under this system that's 16*8=128 within a month and 128*12=1536 within the year. And if your reward weapons are 200-400 points a piece that means within 1 year I can gather at least 3 if at 400 points a piece but maybe as many as 7 (almost 8) if at 200 points a piece. And again...while I have more than the average player, I don't have squat compared to some of the real ZP players. And then would you include GP crate weapons at like 4 points a piece? Cause I do have lots of those as well as I'm sure most ZP players have those as well. What about coupon weapons do they count for anything?
    At the end of the day....all this system does is create a larger gap between ZP buying lucky players and the free player base with rewards. All the while...what are the rewards? If they're to be useful it'd have to be something dandy that people who buy ZP would want otherwise the system is a waste....but if they're too nice then some people gather the rewards really fast while free players may never gather them. Causing more rage and salt. But the acquisition rates are going to be all over the place on these regardless due to the crazy imbalance on people's luck or money situation and i'd rather the game not focus on THAT aspect for a continual thing such as this.

I think instead of coming up with yet another new system for extra rewards. We need to review and revise our current systems such as the Daily Mission, Attendance, FP rewards, and so on. We don't need yet another point currency market for rewards when there's LOTS of room for improvement on the existing systems.

I agree that we need to review and revise our current systems, but the main reason I'm suggesting it in the first place is because of that. The current systems in place, in my opinion, are not rewarding and/or not used at all. These points I suggested was straight off the top of my head. So, really if I suggested a much larger quantity of points, it would be a slightly different story.

As for the always-existing conflict of free players and ZP players, these weapons are not to be like VIP weapons. They're just skins and various items for your character to equip. Most people in a game want to stand out and be recognized.
    To me, ZP players holding the advantage is not unfair at all. They invested actual money in the game- it's only right they reap rewards.

The main problem with this debate is you're assuming you know how to get the rewards & what they are, I said what the rewards are but as to what are actually the rare weapons are I have no clue either. That's something I'm still thinking about.
    Also, 3 in a year is not much. At all. Three. You're making it sound as if that's amazing.
  • If it's new skin permanent weapons. Then it is pretty 'amazing' on a free level from CF that's based on the fact that this is just extra rewards for having already won other things. And again I stated that I'm probably on the lower end spectrum of ZP weapon winners. There's a good few people who have 2-5x more ZP weapons than I do. So 6-15 times a year at the possible point value you suggested would be insane in the membrane.

As far as the 'stand out and be recognized aspect...considering that most players who'll be getting these things are ZP players anyways...well...they already stand out. So that point to me is kinda mute.
    And yes I too, do agree ZP buying people should have some advantage in terms of reaping awards in more aspects such as having the Tesla which is a nice gun to start with and then has extra ZM skills and thus allow you to dominate there. Or the VIPs which all have nice extra perks. Or like winning that ribbon for having won 3 permanent pink weapons. But there's a point where we don't need more of that.

Current systems not rewarding, I'll agree with...but the solution isn't to generate a NEW feature to go along side of them that will, hopefully, be made to be 'rewarding'. Daily Mission has become a joke with it's 5000 EXP and 500 GP rewards with missions that take way too long like MM, HMX, and Knight. FP is near useless to anyone who has won GP or ZP crates. The coupon system is in essence a version of what you're suggesting but it's been made meh after each change to it. And the Attendance system/Weekly Mission is real rewarding, temporarily, for newbs (who it's really targetting to try to keep new blood in the game AND keep them legit) with it's Boxes and Tickets dishing out temporary versions of some pretty nice stuff. So implement your idea into those. Come up with something that FIXES those. Not adds a new one on top of those that will likely not meet expectations because well it's CF. I mean seriously. lol

For example....
    Daily Mission:
    -Monday-Thursday DM should reward a GM Crate.
    -Fridays-Sundays (aka weekends) it should reward a small amount of ZP 100 at least and if they were really feeling generous as much as 300 or maybe even 500. (If 300 ZP on every Friday-Sunday you're looking at 46,800 ZP in the course of a year roughly. 500 ZP reward would result in 78,000 ZP in the course of a year)
    -Missions should be more diverse. Never have more than 1 mutation type mission on the same list for the day.
    -Maybe introduce map specific missions as well to get people playing on various maps that don't get played as much.

Dog Tags:
    Make the reward for this something like 5 crates of an older non-seasonal ZP crate and change it around every few months. Like stuff on Pages 7 and 8 of the ZP Crate list.

FP System:
    -The way it's rewarded can stay the same but add new stuff to the FP Market. Specifically character type items over weapons. Maybe some new grenades as well.
    -Add in Crates purchased with FP that can reward the FP guns permanently.

Coupon System:
    -Re-implement permanent 80 coupon tier weapons.
    -Future 100 tier weapons should be better than the current set. (IMO current set would be fine for 80 tier)

Attendance System:
    A lot of people complain about this one...mainly because nabs get some super weapons for 7 days from the Tickets and then other good temporary weapons from the Boxes...i'm not going to touch that right now...but here's an idea if possible...
    -Dedicated Player/Perfect Attendance ribbon. Given to someone who logs in and gets the Attendance check every day for a period over 1 year/365 days. This ribbon should reward a Calendar themed skin stuff be it weapons of char items.(maybe Have a set of stuff and the player can choose 2 or 3 out of the set. Then they can complete the set if they log in every day for multiple years)
  • Yeah. You're completely right though. The current reward systems are a really serious matter.
    Sometimes I wonder if any of these suggestions are ever taken into consideration.